PDA

View Full Version : The band on Main Street

Turk82
05-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Last time I went to the Magic Kigdom, I heard a brass band playing on Main Street by Tony's Town Square. We actually asked then for our ressie to be pused out a bit so we could go listen to the band. They were AMAZING!!! They said as they were leaving they would be playing again at (I don't remember now what time) and we were sure to hear them that time also!! Do you know, does the band play every day? How many times a day? Usually when? I just want to be sure to see them at least once!!! Thanks again!

Strmchsr
05-22-2009, 07:53 PM
When we were there earlier this month they played several times during the day, both on Main St and over near the Winnie the Pooh ride. First time I've ever heard the Stars & Stripes Forever piccolo solo played on the tuba. Pretty amazing! I don't know the exact performance schedule, but it was pretty often.

Coach Rick
05-23-2009, 10:36 AM
You can always catch them at 5 at the flag pole. Yes, they certainly are amazing. Some of these guys are hold outs from Future Corps (not sure how many now) that used to perform in Epcot. Many are from other drum and bugle corps, and others from bands. I too always look forward to seeing them. There was another band that used to perform in Tomorrow Land, and were called the Tomorrow Land Countdown Band (I know there is another group who is using that name now, but certainly not the same) These guys used to do double duty with "The Main Street Philharmonic" (the band you are talking about) Also, if you ever saw the Christmas Parade, these guys also dress up in the green garb as toy soldiers and perform for you there too! Support them before Disney takes them away too!

Coach

BMan62
05-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Not sure which of these you are referring to (probably the latter:)

The Main Street Saxophone Four
Monday-Thursday at 10:00 & 10:45am
Length of show: 20 minutes

Main Street Philharmonic
12-piece brass and percussion ensemble re-creating a turn-of-the-century ambience with tunes like "Take Me Out to the Ball Game," "76 Trombones" and "Alexander's Rag Time Band."
Daily at 11:20am, 12:20, 1:35, 2:55, 3:45 & 5:00pm
Length of show: 20 minutes

Turk82
05-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Awesome!! Thanks!! Do they perform 7 days a week or which days do they NOT play? Do you know?

Simba's Mom
05-26-2009, 10:09 PM
You can always catch them at 5 at the flag pole. Yes, they certainly are amazing. Some of these guys are hold outs from Future Corps (not sure how many now) that used to perform in Epcot. Many are from other drum and bugle corps, and others from bands. I too always look forward to seeing them. There was another band that used to perform in Tomorrow Land, and were called the Tomorrow Land Countdown Band (I know there is another group who is using that name now, but certainly not the same) These guys used to do double duty with "The Main Street Philharmonic" (the band you are talking about) Also, if you ever saw the Christmas Parade, these guys also dress up in the green garb as toy soldiers and perform for you there too! Support them before Disney takes them away too!

Coach

Wow, Coach Rick! I'm glad to know that someone else's been following these guys since they were in "Future Corps". I've still got my Future Corps CD, and DS has been a fan of one who used to perform with Maynard Ferguson. They are so much fun to watch.

thejens
05-26-2009, 10:53 PM
Thanks BMan64! I love them too. I didn't know there was a schedule. I love them and the trolly dancers/singers and all the Main Street characters. I think I would be happy to spend the whole day on Main Street. (I'd have to eat one of those ice cream cookie sandwiches.)

TheRustyScupper
05-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Awesome!! Thanks!! Do they perform 7 days a week or which days do they NOT play? Do you know?

[Play Days]
1) Main Street Music
. . . Saxophone Four: Mon thru Thu
. . . Philharmonic: Daily
. . . Dapper Dans: Daily
. . . Casey's Pianist: Daily
2) Frontierland Music
. . . Banjo Brothers Band: Tue thru Sat
. . . Hoedown: Sun thru Wed
3) Fantasyland
. . . Woodwind Society: Sun thru Thu