PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Potential ADRs

Duchess99
05-22-2009, 07:05 PM
I will be in WDW in September for my Honeymoon and my 90 mark is coming up soon! We will be arriving on a Monday in the late afternoon and leaving the following Monday. We are going during free dining, but have upgraded to the Deluxe Dining Plan and we are staying concierge at AKL. We figure that it's our honeymoon and we should go all out! ;)
So, here is what I'm thinking for my ADRs...thoughts?

Monday: Dinner - Artist's Point
Tuesday: Breakfast - Boma, Dinner - Ohana
Wednesday: Dinner - Coral Reef
Thursday: Lunch - Yak & Yeti, Dinner - California Grill
Friday: Dinner - Flying Fish Cafe
Saturday: Breakfast - Chef Mickey's, Dinner - Jiko
Sunday: Dinner - Victoria & Albert's (OOP)
Monday: Breakfast - Cape May Cafe, Lunch - Hollywood Brown Derby

We will be using all of our snack credits at the Food & Wine Festival and the few credits we have left, we may get room service breakfast a couple of days :) We will also have the concierge food offerings for in between meals and some breakfasts.

So thoughts, suggestions...? Is there anywhere you suggest that we are missing?
Thanks in advance for your feedback!!

SBETigg
05-22-2009, 08:57 PM
Looks like a fantastic plan! Best wishes and enjoy!

irish1967
05-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Looks great! I'm just wondering, doesn't concierge include a continental breakfast (I don't know for sure!) I am thinking you may want to go lunches and dinners rather than breakfasts!

I am sure someone will come along that knows better than I do!

Best Wishes and have a great "Disneymoon"

Figment78
05-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Sounds like a WONDERFUL dining plan for your honeymoon. The one place we've never been was Victoria & Albert's and I regret that. Congratulations!

dmosher
05-22-2009, 10:06 PM
I would love to give you some tips or advice, but this sounds perfect! The only thing I will add are a few tips on the actual reservations at certain places:
Monday: Dinner - Artist's Point
-Ask for one near the window in the back if you can, the view is wonderful.

Tuesday: Breakfast - Boma
-The eggs and the juices are amazing!
Dinner - Ohana
- If you want good pics with Stitch and friends, sit at the table facing the window, otherwise the flash from the glass will ruin the shot

Wednesday: Dinner - Coral Reef
-ask for a table near the glass, as weird as it is to eat a fish while watching a fish, it is also very cool
Dinner - California Grill
- try to get your eservation about 30-45 min's before the scheduled fireworks, it is so worth it
Saturday: Dinner - Jiko
- if you are unsure about what is in the food, ASK! the chefs and servers are very knowledgeable. Also, try everything. There are a few things that sound weird or maybe not even to your liking. Try a little and see. You never know and this sort of thing is perfect for trying something new to you.
Hope some of this helps.
:pipes:
D

Duchess99
05-22-2009, 10:42 PM
Thanks everyone for the well wishes!! We are so excited about this trip!!

I think the concierge does offer a continental breakfast, but we want to do a few character breakfasts while we're there. But we plan to take full advantage of the concierge food :)

We're so excited about Victoria & Albert's and hope to possibly get the chef's table :chef: to make it extra special! There will be a full report after the trip :thumbsup:

dmosher, thanks for all the tips! I'll definitely make sure to ask for those certain tables. I ate at Jiko about 5 years ago and remember it was a great meal. We're adventurous eaters, so we'll try anything. But I think the short ribs are calling my name :tasty:

Thanks again for all the great feedback...keep it coming!!!

lotrfan
05-25-2009, 08:43 AM
Sounds like you are going to have a great Disneymoon! The only place that I don't see on your list that we enjoy very much is Le Cellier.

We went to Artist Point on our Disneymoon. They made us feel right at home with the service. The chef came out to greet us with a complimentary champagne toast, they offered us a free dessert (even though we were on the dining plan) and we received a personalized menu with our names printed on the bottom.

Have fun down there!!:thumbsup:

spoiledraf
05-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Sounds like you have a great plan.

We are going the deluxe plan as well in two weeks. Thats my wifes favorite part of the trip. She gets to try lots of different foods. I know we should try V&As. Never have yet but this year we have little ones with us so it will have to wait til next time. Good luck and have a great time.

Duchess99
05-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Sounds like you have a great plan.

We are going the deluxe plan as well in two weeks. Thats my wifes favorite part of the trip. She gets to try lots of different foods. I know we should try V&As. Never have yet but this year we have little ones with us so it will have to wait til next time. Good luck and have a great time.

Thanks!
Let me know how the deluxe plan is. I'm concerned it will be too much food, but we love to eat, so I'm sure we'll get by :D
Have a great trip and I hope to hear all about it!

CaptSmee
05-25-2009, 09:40 PM
hhmmmm...Jiko....:tasty:

Duchess99
05-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Sounds like you are going to have a great Disneymoon! The only place that I don't see on your list that we enjoy very much is Le Cellier.

We went to Artist Point on our Disneymoon. They made us feel right at home with the service. The chef came out to greet us with a complimentary champagne toast, they offered us a free dessert (even though we were on the dining plan) and we received a personalized menu with our names printed on the bottom.

Have fun down there!!:thumbsup:

We've be considering changing Coral Reef to Le Cellier. The number of bad review of Coral Reef makes me nervous. We want to go because of the atmosphere, but if the food is bad, that will kill it for us.

I can't wait for Artist Point. I ate there about 10 years ago and hardly remember it...the menu looks great! And we're hoping to catch the Electrical Water Pageant afterward :)