PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a ghost in your house?

Hull-onian
05-22-2009, 08:23 AM
Has anyone noticed anything strange in the house. Like pillows tipped over, pens on the floor, pads of paper moved? Things like that, and maybe, like us, you don't have a pet at the moment. We've had some strange things happen here and there, have you?:ghost:

kakn7294
05-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Not so much at my house but my cousin used to have some very strange things happen when her son was an infant. She always said it was Rita - her MIL who died while she was pregnant. Musical baby toys would mysteriously start to play and she'd check on the baby in the middle of the night to find him completely covered in a nice smooth blanket - not like how she put him to bed. She actually felt comforted to think that Rita was watching over the baby.

kdkhopper
05-22-2009, 09:06 AM
I have a photo of my parents with my oldest son when he was a baby, that hangs on my family room wall. I'm constantly straightening the darn picture, but the five other pictures hanging nearby on the same wall always seem to stay straight. I joke that my dad, who is in that photo, but none of the others and who passed away six years ago keeps tipping it just to bug me - he had that kind of sense of humor.

Ed
05-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Absolutely! Well, actually we used to.

We had an elderly uncle who lived with us for several years before he passed away. After his passing, we would find all sorts of strange things happening - - doors opening by themselves, things falling over for no apparent reason, we'd find dresser drawers ajar, televisons would change channels, the dogs would get all excited for no obvious reason. We always said that Uncle Phil had decided to visit us again.

When we moved to Florida, we "explained to him" that we were moving, and invited him to come along, but seven years later, he hasn't made an appearance here. Yet. :ghost:

We actually kinda miss his antics. :(

Jeniflower
05-22-2009, 10:18 AM
maybe its pixies.
I've been having that at work at the moment. play tricks on me like hiding my tea spoon only for it to reappear, as if by magic just when i sent out an email demanding its return.
:magic:

Marker
05-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Well, I'll mention a few examples, and let you be the judge.

- in our small bedroom, the room that served as bedroom for all three of our kids when they were little, all 3 of the kids when they were just toddlers mentioned someone being in that room.

- this room is now my office, and exile bedroom when I'm snoring (which is most of the time). I have been awoken by a tap on the shoulder multiple time, only to find the door closed and no one in the room.

- We have an assortment of framed pictures on top of our entertainment center, occasionally we'll find one, usually in the middle, laying face down. If it were somehow the cats, it wouldn't just be one middle one, and probably wouldn't be face down.

- came home from work one day and my daughter was baking in the kitchen. When I tried to enter the house, the front door was locked which was very unusual. When I asked why she had locked the front door, she swore she did not lock it.

- with a counter full of freshly baked cupcakes on the counter, a couple disappeared. First thought was it was the dog or cat. However, the missing cupcakes were from the back of the counter. The animals for one thing "know better", and wouldn't have taken from the back. They would have grabbed from the edge, and would have left signs.

- We have a ball rack in the garage. For some reason, one basketball seems to escape an end up on the garage floor. Not always the same ball. But my wife has to get out and move it before pulling into the garage.

jrkcr
05-22-2009, 11:18 AM
My house in SC is about 100 years old, and was originally the telephone exchange building, so it is laid out for work on one side and living on the other side, with lost of adjoining doors. It was haunted when we first moved there. My kids and I were having dinner and DH was working late. As we sat at the dining table, we all saw DH pass the dining room doorway, walk down the hallway into my bedroom.(about 8 feet away from the dining table) I called out "hey honey, didn't know you were home", and got no answer. So I got up and followed him into my bedroom, and no one was there. I called DH cell phone, and yep he was still at work.
The kids and I left the dinner, and went to sit in the car in the driveway. DH came home and we sent him to look for someone in the house. No one was there.
One of my daughters also saw someone several times in the house-standing in the corner of the living room.
And we always had whiffs of cigarette smoke usually at night when we were all in bed.

Finally I just asked him to leave, as this was now our house and not his. And he must have agreed! (plus we did major construction on the house-put in a second story and built the stairwell over the dining room and closed off that doorway).

Our house has been sitting empty for over 2 years now. I wonder if he moved back in?

gerald72
05-22-2009, 11:45 AM
My kids' room is upstairs. It is fine if they are in the room, but if, for whatever reason, (laundry on my bed), I take a nap alone in that room, I get the feeling I'm not supposed to be there.
I'll hear noise and voices from other rooms of the house (the kids are at the mom's at the time) or knocks at the door. Anything to get me out of bed and out of that room.
If I take my laptop in that room, it doesn't work. And once, while it was in that room and turned off, a friend of mine was sent a "weird" email from my account (while I was at the mall). My sent mail showed a blank message but she just said it was "weird."
There were action figures in that room, and while no one is there, they move from the shelf to the floor - Standing up! They can't fall that way.
And the kicker, back when my ex still lived here, and it was our room (kids were babies):
I went to bed early one night because i was tired. She was watching tv and wanted me to stay up with her. As I was about to drift off to sleep, she came into the room asking why I wasn't sleeping. She could hear footsteps walking from corner to corner from downstairs. i said it wasn't me, and as I drifted off the sleep again, I could hear pantslegs rubbing together while walking around the room. I suppose I was very tired, and not afraid at all.

MickeyMousse
05-22-2009, 11:52 AM
In my first house I swore I saw a ghost standing in my first floor hallway. I came downstairs to get baby bottle and there it was. My DH said it was probably hormones and sleep deprivation......that's only because HE didn't see it!

beksy
05-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Our ghost doesn't move things but watches over us. When I was about 2 I was sitting on the floor playing. Dad came in from outside looked into the room and saw his Dad who had died a year before I was born, standing there watching me. When Dad came in he just slowly disappeared. Several times when I was growing up and one of my parents or my sister or I were sick I would see my grandfather (Dad's dad again) watching over that person or walking from one bedroom to the other. The first time I swore it was my dad and called out to him but he didn't answer. I had seen him go into my sister's room (she was sick) and got up to see if she was doing worse. Nobody was there and my sis was asleep. I went out to the living room where my parents were watching tv and asked Dad when he had changed clothes since he was now wearing a different outfit. Of course we were all confused and I explained what I had seen and it turned out the person I described was my grandfather. He looked like Dad and was wearing brown which he almost always wore but I didn't know these things since we didn't have pictures up of him and I was still young. Since that time I have seen him or just "felt" him whenever one of us was sick. It's not scary but kind of comforting. He always wanted daughters and only had sons. We're his only grandaughters and mom and dad were his favorites so I guess his watching out for us.

pandkx3
05-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Yup.....Our first house that we bought after we were married was an old house that the previous owner, an elderly lady, had passed in...we actually had to wait for it to go thru probate. Anyway, we started noticing strange stuff going on...like the kitchen drawers and cabinets all open when we got up in morning. My son's electronic toys would ALL go off at midnight. The one that creeped me out the most was his "tickle me elmo". As I left the room, it would say "I feel Great!" when there was no one there. One Christmas we had several friends over for a party. I had our Christmas tree in front of our picture window. With everyone sitting around chatting, a lone glass ornament floated, yes, I said floated, around the side of the tree and landed on the tip end of the couch without rolling back into the seat. Needless to say, everyone ran out of the house. Several weeks after "the event", I was vaccuming my sons room and got this overwhelming sense of dread...I mean the hair sticking up on your arms type of thing. So, of course, I've got to do what you see the "stupid ones that end up dead in the horror movies" thing....investigate! I look up in his closet and the crawl space to the attic was open!!!! .....and it hadn't been 5 minutes before......UUUggghhh! Anyway, I go to my neighbors house to wait until my husband gets home. He then offers this sage bit of wisdom...this nugget of knowledge, that he has deemed to keep to himsefl......"Didn't anyone tell you that your house is haunted?":fit:

VWL Mom
05-22-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm glad I'm not alone. When I try to explains these things to DH, he tells me I'm nuts and DS13 agrees! 11 years ago, my mom came home for Christmas. DS17 was 6 at the time and had used his money to buy he a tiny bell that said "grandma" on it. She was thrilled when she opened her gift and told him "no matter what, when you need me just ring the bell and I'll be there". She died 3 days later. She has made it known many time that she is here, but he and I refer to her not as a ghost but as his guardian angel. He has felt the breezes at night (his bed is in an alcove) and I have heard the footsteps upstairs when he is asleep. I agree with Beksy, to us it is also comforting.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-22-2009, 11:58 PM
I have an alarm system in the house complete with motion detector. But I'll be in the bedroom with the alarm set and hear footsteps walking down my hall, which is carpeted!
Another time my sis went out into the driveway to get something out of her van, I heard her knocking on the door but when we went to open it she was still at the van and said it wasn't her knocking but she asked why I was turning the garage light on and off. I asked her if the breezeway light was flickering too and she said no. But they are both on the same light switch.
And both of my nephews won't go in my kitchen after dark. Maybe that's where my ghost hangs out?
There have been lots of other instances but those are the ones that come to mind right away.

Hull-onian
05-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Good stories folks. Now I don't feel too weird, cause people do think I'm nuts. After my girlfriend Leslie passed in February, we had to have a yard sale and get the house cleaned out at the same time. Leslie's two favorite house keepers were doing the final cleaning, we were all sitting in the kitchen and it was very quiet. We just just saying how nice Leslie was and it was too bad that she passed away. All of a sudden, without touching a light switch, the kithen ceiling light flashed on and off about five times. It was like a sign that she knew we were all missing her. Then when Marty and I had dinner at the Coral Reef, we were getting seated and the waiter called me Leslie. How about that?:secret:

2Epcot
05-23-2009, 08:19 PM
The house I lived in with my family from when I was in 3rd grade through high school we often saw figures in the hallways. The funny thing is, myself, brother, sister and mom all saw these at various times, but nobody talked about it until we moved into the house my parents live in now. My dad claims he never saw anything. Several years ago we all shared stories about being in the house and seeing or hearing people down the hallway, only to find out nobody else was in the house. I guess we all didn't want to sound crazy, so we never talked about it when we lived there.

garymacd
05-23-2009, 08:32 PM
We have at least two ghosts, so my family says. One night, shortly after moving in over 25 years ago, my wife awoke and saw two figures at the end of the bed. We bought the house from the original owners who were quite elderly and she was afraid that they had both died and were back in our - their - house.

Our oldest daughter has seen a little girl many times. No explanation for it. The original owners only had one son.

Our youngest daughter has felt a presence in her room. He sometimes plays with her hair. It could be her grandfather who lived with us for some time until he died. He used to play with the girls' hair, flipping ponytails, etc.

We live very close to a War of 1812 battlefield. It is possible that American soldiers were standing watch in our area and told to stay until relieved. One may still be waiting for orders. A psychic once told my wife and daughter that she saw a young man wearing a funny hat like an old army cap connected with our house.

An American friend of my wife slept in Hillary's room for a weekend a couple of years ago. She did not know the story but knows the history of our area. In the morning, she came down and asked how close the battlefield is to our house. She had a dream that an American soldier was all by himself making oatcakes and asked her if she wanted one.

He is not malevolent. My wife and kids all believe he is there to protect us and sometimes is lonely and becomes playful.

I personally have not seen or felt anything. I sometimes think they are crazy, but to mollify all concerned, including playful spooks and various family members, I bought my wife some white sage and I made oatcakes for the soldier boy.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-24-2009, 12:18 AM
I have a book called WORLD OF STRANGE PHENOMENA by Charles Berlitz. I don't know if you can still get it but if you can, it's full of real ghost stories etc. It'll give you goose bumps. The caption says True, odd and inexplicable facts-weird and wonderouse events that defy common sense and logic. This is by the same family that does the Berlitz language books.

Boojum
05-24-2009, 10:05 AM
My father passed away just before Christmas of 2006. Since then, I've seen him twice in my mother's house--both times, right around Christmas. He always loved the holidays and having his family around him; I think this is why I've seen him during these times.

It's been more of a startling experience than a scary one. Both times, I saw him walking down the hallway, wearing the red flannel shirt he always wore on Christmas Day.

I believe my church is also haunted, but you asked about houses. I'll skip the church stories.

kcrc
05-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Well...I haven't seen anyone in our house... but 7 years ago when I was pregnant with my son, we had received a call from my ob/gyn that one of the tests they took showed my son was at a very high risk for Down's Syndrome (thank Heaven he is fine though!) But, at the time, we were soooooooooo upset and nervous. The next morning I woke up with the scent of a lilac-like perfume in the air. There was no reason where that scent could have come from. When my husband woke up, I told him. For some reason I had the feeling that it was his grandmother (who had passed while he was a teenager). When I told him that, he said yes, she did used to wear perfume like that. We, too, were comforted and felt like she was watching over us and our baby.

pink
05-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Yes.

Our house was built over an abandoned Puritan farmhouse from 1910. Our house used to actually be the "haunted" house on the block back in the day. Homeless people would live in the basement and one day there was a fire, some could have died because they were not accounted for since they were homeless and unknown.

One night at around 11 I came downstairs to tell my parents something and I heard a man and a woman talking downstairs but they were nowhere to be found, there was no TV on either. I searched the whole bottom floor to find that they were asleep, upstairs. I didn't tell anyone about it, just brushed it off. The very next day my younger brother came out of his bedroom, terrified saying that there were voices in his room, a man and a woman and that he didn't know where they were coming from. He said they sounded sad and he couldn't understand what they were saying but that they were talking.

I've also captured many pictures of orbs (paranormal balls of energy) in my room, specifically my closet which my dogs coincidentally always bark at for no reason.
:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
05-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Ok, I haven't told very many people because I don't want them to think I am crazy. We've lived in our home for just about exactly one year. The house was only 4 years old in December and only one other family, an older couple with no kids, have lived here before us. Plus the couple that was building the house backed out of their contract and bought another house in the same neighborhood right before the house was completed. The couple building the house claim they backed out because the living room was built smaller than they wanted, and the couple who lived here before us claimed they were only here temporarily while their larger house was being built. We tend to wonder if the other two families left because of what we've seen since moving in.

On two occasions I've seen what I thought was my youngest son running from our foyer into our dining room only to discover he is in another room. The first time I was on the computer in our keeping/breakfast room and saw him run by the door seperating our kitchen and dining room. When I asked him what he was doing both he and my older son came out from their bedrooms, which are in the opposite direction from where I saw him running. I went into the dining room and there was no one. The second time I had put younger DS bathing in my bathroom and went to his room to get his pajamas. My oldest son was on the computer and could see into my bedroom and bathroom and could see my tub. When on my way back from DSs room I yelled at him for being out of the tub and running around the house, I saw him running in the same location and direction as I'd seen on the previous occasion. My older DS said "Mom, Landon is still in the tub". Once again I went into the dining room and nothing was there. I aslo had a dream on one of the first few nights that we were living here that I was relaxing in a bubble bath and opened my eyes to see a little boy standing over the tub staring at me. It was just a dream and I didn't pay any mind to it until I saw the little boy running around in our dining room. And if you line up our foyer, dining roon and my tub you could walk a straitght line from each of them if there were no walls. I've thought I've seen something a few other times, but those times weren't as vivid as the first two so it could have just been my imagination those other times. Both of my kids have seen dark figures in my bedroom and bathroom, and my oldest refuses to use his bathroom. He doesn't go in that bathroom, EVER. Also once time before I saw the little boy running my oldest son said he saw someone around the kitchen and dining room. My son was actually standing on the couch in the living room saying "show yourself" when I walked into the room. I just brushed it off since I hadn't seen anything myself yet. For some reason it doesn't scare me and I am known to be scared of everything. I don't feel threatened by it at all. I haven't seen our little friend since around Nov. or Dec. I am glad to see I am not alone.

murphy1
05-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Yep, me, too. I don't talk about my experiences, b/c of crazy talk LOL. I am also very sensitive to paranormal activity (I was also raised a Baptist just so ya know). I have two spirits around me that I am pretty sure of their identity, too. People tend to think that spiritual activity is scary, just the opposite is true in most cases. I know some of the good Disney World stories too :) Ed, Florida is very ghostly!

drummerboy
05-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Our house was built about 1903. After we first moved in, we had a lot of activity, but it's quieted down some over the years.

We've had a lot of incidences of fresh cigarette smell, although no-one in the household smokes.

We've had things disappear and then reappear in different places.

Our upstairs bathroom is down the hall from the bedroom. One night, while DW was coming back from the bathroom in the dark, she thought I was coming down the hall to go there and moved aside for me. When she got to the bedroom, I was still there fast asleep. Whoever was in the hall told her, "Don't let me scare you."

I've been all over the house with the lights out and don't feel scared. I think our 'guest' is friendly.

Only once have I had a scary experience. One night when I was just about asleep, I smelled strong cigar smoke, as though someone was standing over the bed smoking. For some reason, I did not want to open my eyes that time and did have the hair on the back of my neck raise. It went away after a while.

Lakin
05-25-2009, 10:55 PM
A ghost in my house? Oh goodness, I hope not!

I have things 'moved around' all the time, but that is probably due to the fact that I am a naturally messy person.

beksy
05-25-2009, 11:32 PM
I know some of the good Disney World stories too :)

Really? I know of 999 happy haunts in the HM but hadn't heard of any others. I'd love to learn more about them if you don't mind (or if you know a book or want to PM me I'd appreciate it! I love hearing/learning about haunted places). :teleport: :hmghost:

JPL
05-26-2009, 09:26 PM
The house I grew up in was definately haunted and I had several strange experiences while living there.
I clearly remember the first time I had an experience when I was about 5 years old. I went up into the attic to get a toy truck we had a play room up there. I was home with my mother and my father had just left to take my brother to school and he was going to work. Well I was the stairs playing with the truck and a clear voice asked "who's up here" Well needless to say I didn't stick around to see who was asking I left the truck on the steps and went downstairs. I was expecting to see my brother at the bottom of the stairs playing a joke but he wasn't home. Over the years you would hear footsteps in the hall or in the attic but nothing overly scary. Perhaps the strangest experiences I had came when I was in high school. I had a cordless phone and occaisionally it would just start dialing a number. Of course I said well this must be a crossed signal or something until one day I picked up the phone and there was a conservation going on that sounded like it was right out of the 1950's talking about going to the drive-in and sock hop. then my mother changed her phone number right before she went away for a week. I was hanging out at my house with a few friends watching movies and just goofing off like high school kids did and I heard my phone dialing a number and when it stopped my mother's phone would ring. I would answer her phone and noone would be there. This was going on for some time and I said to my friend pick up the phone next time it rings and I ran into my room and grabbed my phone and we were talking to eack other. I still can't explain that one away.

The apartment I live in now has had a few strange things happen and even my landlord who lives below me has called thinking I was home to find out I was still at work or away for the weekend. Things have disappeared and reappeared, I caught an EVP on answering machine saying bye in a low whispery tone after the person on the other end hung up and most recently I felt my hair pulled in my kitchen. Overall nothing that really scares me but surprises more than anything.

Hull-onian
05-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Wow, folks, all your stories were good. There is room for 999 more!!!!!

DisneyDog
05-28-2009, 12:08 PM
I am pretty sure my dog, Sneakers, visited me several times after he went to the Rainbow Bridge. I would notice his presence when I was drying my hair. The bathroom would be all hot, as would the air coming out of the hair dryer, but I would feel a rush of cold air near my ankles...and the airconditioner was not on. I felt that sensation about 3 or 4 times over 6 months after he had passed away. Always made me feel good to know that Sneakers was still there with me. I wish he would come back to visit again.

I think he stopped visited when his "brother" Tango came to be with him at the Bridge. Guess he isn't so lonely anymore.

Hull-onian
05-28-2009, 04:56 PM
And if you line up our foyer, dining roon and my tub you could walk a straitght line from each of them if there were no walls. I've thought I've seen something a few other times, but those times weren't as vivid as the first two so it could have just been my imagination those other times. Both of my kids have seen dark figures in my bedroom and bathroom, and my oldest refuses to use his bathroom. He doesn't go in that bathroom, EVER. Also once time before I saw the little boy running my oldest son said he saw someone around the kitchen and dining room. My son was actually standing on the couch in the living room saying "show yourself" when I walked into the room. I just brushed it off since I hadn't seen anything myself yet. For some reason it doesn't scare me and I am known to be scared of everything. I don't feel threatened by it at all. I haven't seen our little friend since around Nov. or Dec. I am glad to see I am not alone.
You should do some historical investigation and see if it was a farm years ago before the houses were built there or if it is an Indian Reservation. You never know about spirits. Most of them a harmless, thank goodness. Your story was written very well, and made for great reading. Really enjoyed it.:thumbsup:

Hull-onian
05-28-2009, 04:58 PM
When Kabuki passed away about twelve years ago, he still came to visit. He would jump up on the bed every night and walk across it and lay down like always. He was like clock work. Even after we got Valentino, he still visited us. Now Val and Kabuki are together.:cloud9:

Hull-onian
05-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Yep, me, too. I don't talk about my experiences, b/c of crazy talk LOL. I am also very sensitive to paranormal activity (I was also raised a Baptist just so ya know). I have two spirits around me that I am pretty sure of their identity, too. People tend to think that spiritual activity is scary, just the opposite is true in most cases. I know some of the good Disney World stories too :) Ed, Florida is very ghostly!

Shari, come on fess up, tell us more.:mickey:

It'sWDW4me
05-28-2009, 05:33 PM
My DMIL passed when my DS was only 3. She had been waiting "forever" for a grandchild and when my ex (her youngest of 4 kids) and I told her she would finally become a Nana, she did something she hadn't done in years - she toasted us with a shot of schnapps! :)

She loved my DS and loved being a Nana so very, very much. She'd spend hours reading to him and playing with him. But fate can be so cruel - she came down with some sort of disorder in her intestines and, like a true PA Dutch woman, put off going to the Dr until it was so far advanced. She passed less than a year after her family literally dragged her to the Dr.

The night she passed, I was giving my son a bath. I felt that she was with us in the bathroom and if I'd just look over my shoulder into the corner, I'd see her standing there. Well, right then and there I asked her to please watch over Brandon and keep him safe.

For about two years after she died and whenever my son was alone in Pappy and Nana's living room, I'd hear him from the kitchen talking with someone - his end of an ongoing conversation. A few times I asked him who he was talking to and he said that he was talking to Nana.

He hasn't talked to Nana for a few years now but I still do sometimes ask her to keep looking out for him. He's a teenager now and can use all the help she can give him! :)

Hull-onian
05-28-2009, 05:56 PM
That was a very sweet story. I am sure that most of us (kids) miss our nana's. I sure do.:D

Hull-onian
05-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Jeff your story was well written, loved reading it. :thumbsup:

darthmacho
05-28-2009, 06:02 PM
:ghost: I have one kitchen cabinet that opens on its own. I close it, and minutes later it is open again. What do you think?

garymacd
05-28-2009, 07:42 PM
:ghost: I have one kitchen cabinet that opens on its own. I close it, and minutes later it is open again. What do you think?

Warped wood or damaged latch.

That's just the sceptic in me.

garymacd
05-28-2009, 07:50 PM
I am pretty sure my dog, Sneakers, visited me several times after he went to the Rainbow Bridge. I would notice his presence when I was drying my hair. The bathroom would be all hot, as would the air coming out of the hair dryer, but I would feel a rush of cold air near my ankles...and the airconditioner was not on. I felt that sensation about 3 or 4 times over 6 months after he had passed away. Always made me feel good to know that Sneakers was still there with me. I wish he would come back to visit again.

I think he stopped visited when his "brother" Tango came to be with him at the Bridge. Guess he isn't so lonely anymore.

I hope they are playing nicely with my little Satchie that I lost about a month ago now. Maybe they have all met up with Valentino and Kabuki. I still keep hoping to hear him. Even though I know that would be almost as painful as not seeing him again.

I know. Off topic.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
05-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Us three gals bought our home 13yrs this next month. We have had a tremendous amount of activity here. We are very spiritual girls and have a great deal of faith and we also know that there are things that we just don't understand or cannot explain.
We take care of our Mom who is terminal and we use a baby monitor for her. We went through 5 different ones until we finally got one that doesn't pick up too much interferance. Our neighbors do not have young enough children to use them or are close enough to interfere either. When the monitor goes off, you just need to acknowledge you hear it.(wave your hand at it or tell it to please stop because it is now 2am and you are tired and need your sleep). It does then quiet down. Our niece came over and she was so shocked when I told her to watch and it reacted at different intervals. Mom was ringing her bell and wanted something, and it wanted to make sure I heard Mom.
We also now have Google maps of our town. I thought I'd check out and see how our house looked. Well, needless to say.....I looked at it after work. 12am and low and behold there are people on our roof. There is also a face on the side of our chimney that looks like us girls when we were little. You can easily pick them out and see everything. On the roof, there is a small "old fashioned" small child and woman. You can make out facial gestures even. There also appears to be a child "dancing" by our antenna. There are 2 other figures that look like what I would consider "cherubs" of sorts. Over our garage there seems to be wings crossing over. You can come from different angles and see other stuff as well. Our beloved Disney(our dog) died 4yrs ago and you see her head poking out from the roof. It is clearly her. Her last pick w/gray muzzle and all. One of my older sisters is so freaked out by it, we are not allowed to mention this. We haven't really shown many people because we don't want any freaks coming around.
We have a cemetery right beyond our back yard, so we don't know if that's why we experience so much. We have never been afraid here. Well..... except for once....
I was reading on Dawns oversized bed and just felt creeped out and had a feeling like someone was pushing up on the underside of the bed. It made me uneasy and jittery. I decided it must all be in my head and went to bed. Anyhow.... about 2hrs later, I was asleep. Dawn screamed out my name and I ran to her room. She had this scared look on her face and I then asked her, "Does it feel like someone's under your bed?" She yells at me, "Why didn't you tell me!!"
We then prayed and asked it to leave and said our home is a home of love and that we are protected and we will never be scared here. The feeling immediately was gone and all was calm and has been since. We always pray for protection and have never been scared by the "noises" or sightings we happen to experience. We do see Disney quite often. Our sweetheart Flower looks just like her and sometimes we will be thinking we are commenting to Flower and nothing is there when you turn around. Flower will be downstairs sleeping in the sun.
Our dear Grandma sends us pennies when we need it too. They are a reminder to us that she is watching over us and we are not alone. We started a "Grandma" jar. Mostly for humour with each other.
We don't want you to think we are nuts, but it is all in truth. It is what it is.

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

Hull-onian
05-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Wow, your story was awesome!!! This is better than reading a book.....almost.:read:

IamBelle
05-30-2009, 10:12 AM
I believe my house is haunted. Strange things happen all of the time. I was in my room and I left the door open while I was reading and I saw someone pass by the door. I thought it was my brother, so I went in the hallway to talk to him, and nobody was there. My sister also went in my parents' room and swore she saw a figure in blue in the corner. Once in a while, we smell a sweet, floral scent while we watch tv in the den at night. I also hear footsteps sometimes coming from upstairs.
Our house was built where there once was woods, and there were rumors when my mother was little that this area was an old Indian burial ground. Although I'm not sure if the rumor is correct, it would explain some of the stuff around here.
Also, sometimes, especially at night, when I am upstairs, I get the feeling that someone is watching me, like right behind me. It gets creepy.

I think I should hire TAPS :)

Hull-onian
05-30-2009, 07:15 PM
That was an awesome story. It was a good read. Are there any more!!!:thumbsup:

DeniseMB
05-30-2009, 07:26 PM
About 15 years ago we lived in an apartment we all believed was haunted. I would come home from work before picking the kids up from school. I always had a strange feeling when there by myself. We also had a cat at the time, he would arch his back at various times for no apparent reason. A few times, my DH would go into the kitchen. The burner reflectors on the stove would be moved into the center of the stove. He insisted I was doing it. Until the day he had been in the kitchen & everything was in its place. Moments later he went back in & sure enough the reflectors had been moved. We were all watching tv in the living room & no one else entered the kitchen during that time. Another time, we had just awakened & all our dining room chairs were turned backwards. Sometimes, when the house was quiet we would hear the sound of a ballerina music box. We never owned one. I would turn the water on to draw a bath & all of a sudden it would just turn off. I collect Royal Doulton figurines. One that is Winston Churchill, would always be turned with his back facing us.
We told the caretaker, (owners son) that we were buying a house & would be moving. It was then he informed us, his father was in jail for murdering his mother in that house.
creeeeppppyyyyy :secret:

Hull-onian
05-31-2009, 06:34 PM
Creepy, isn't the word for it. My hair on the back of my neck stood up. Anyone else?:ghost: