PDA

View Full Version : California Grill questions

Tink33333
05-21-2009, 03:36 PM
:chef:Can you see Wishes from the entire California Grill restaurant? What is the best time to make a ressie if we want to see Wishes? Does the menu have a good selection for the kids (9 and 12)?:pixie:

Anthony007
05-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Never seen wishes from there, but I hear its nice.

We were told that even if you have an early dinner, you can come back for the fireworks.

caryrae
05-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Not sure how good the view is from the middle of the reasturant but we were lucky enough to get a table right by the window facing MK. There is a walkway just outside the reasturant that give a great view of MK, maybe you could watch from out there.

IamBelle
05-21-2009, 06:14 PM
We were not near the window, so the waitress asked us when we ordered if we wanted to hold the food until after the fireworks. So, if you eat dinner around 9, they can hold your food, then, after Wishes, they will bring it to you.

faline
05-21-2009, 07:53 PM
The view of Wishes from this location is amazing! Food is very good as well! Generally, I try for reservation about an hour to 1-1/2 hours before the fireworks (Keep in mind that we tend to be slow eaters and savor our time). We've been very fotunate that several times our requests for a window table have been honored and we've been able to see Wishes right from out table!

JavaDuck
05-22-2009, 04:42 AM
Our travel agent last year suggested an ADR at California Grill an hour before Wishes. We did that and was able to eat an appetizer and entree and then order dessert before Wishes started. Wishes can be viewed from almost anywhere in the restaurant. Most guest go out on the balcony to watch the show.

Have fun!

ThanxForNoticin
05-22-2009, 10:43 AM
The Cali Grill is actually a pretty large place. If you are seated on the far side of the restaurant, you'll still have a beautiful view of the lake but cannot see Wishes. However, as a guest of the restaurant, you are invited to step outside onto the observation deck to enjoy Wishes. If you are fortunate enough to be seated on the MK side, the view of the fireworks can be pretty nice from the inside.

If you want to be inside to watch, I agree that you should make your ADRs for about 90 minutes before Wishes - however, that will be a popular time with lots of people wanting to do the same thing. And even if you do get the ADR for that time, there is no guarantee of a seat facing the MK - but it certainly is worth a try.

thejens
05-22-2009, 12:10 PM
We were not given the best viewing table, but were able to move to a good spot. I prefer to watch Wishes from Main Street, but if given a seat that you didn't have to move from I am sure it would be great. The food is fabulous and there are plenty of good choices for kids. The service gives you plenty of time to savor though. I find it nicer to drop my kids off at the kids club at the Poly while we enjoy a nice dinner. This trip we plan to eat earlier, pick up the kids, and watch Wishes from the Poly beach! I'll let you know how that turns out.

estein80
05-22-2009, 12:27 PM
When DH and I went (several years ago) we were able to see the fireworks from our table. We did not have a window table. We were actually a step or two up and could see the kitchen really well from our seats. When the fireworks went off we were able to see everything. It was a great dinner.

Just be sure to check the schedule (if you can) to see when the fireworks will be that night. During our last trip they were either at 9 or 10 depending on Spectromagic.

I have also heard that if you finish eating before the fireworks you can hang out on the balcony to see them.

Have fun.

bostomco
05-22-2009, 12:50 PM
We were not near the window, so the waitress asked us when we ordered if we wanted to hold the food until after the fireworks. So, if you eat dinner around 9, they can hold your food, then, after Wishes, they will bring it to you.

We did the same thing last trip, but we were a little closer to the windows! It was an amazing meal and an awesome experience! :thumbsup:

jcvalenti
05-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Most everyone who wants to watch Wishes from their table looks for a ressie 90 minutes ahead of time, and will get there early and press for a window seat.

On our last trip in October, we made reservations 2 hours 15 minutes ahead of time, got there early for cocktails at the bar and successfully landed a table near the window. We knew we'd be there when Wishes started, because (a) we eat a LOT ... appetizers, entrees, desert and coffee and (b) we spend a lot of time at Cali Grill drinking wine ... very good and very overpriced wine.

We figured no one would care as long as our party of 6 was putting up a $1300 dinner tab ... and as it turns out, no one did !

It was a blast by the way.