PDA

View Full Version : Best Moderate Resort for Transportation

ptenreiro
05-21-2009, 12:06 PM
My wife and I just booked a cruise out of Port Canaveral in late August. We are going down two days early and are looking a spending those two days at the World. We are a little spoiled because we have stayed in the Boardwalk area our last few trips. For this trip we are staying at a Moderate, primarily because all the Value resorts are booked.

Our number 1 criteria for a resort is transportation for the Parks. We plan to run ourselves ragged, and then relax on the cruise. Which resort offers the most consistent transportation.

A distant second criteria is the pool.

Thanks.

vicster
05-21-2009, 12:53 PM
We stayed at POFQ for the first time last September and had no problem whatsoever with transportation. We usually stay at WL and have been spoiled by that but totally enjoyed staying at POFQ. It's a MUCH smaller resort which was great. We booked POFQ again for this year.

Lisaj13
05-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Add my vote for POFQ! The buses were good and of course having the option of the boat ride is great.

Tinkerbella16
05-21-2009, 02:14 PM
POFQ would be my #1 choice!!

It is my favorite of the mods, but transportation has got to be the best because there is only one stop and not 4 or 5 like the others! When we went, we never had to share busses with Riverside...some will tell you that they share all the time, but they don't. POFQ also has the boat transportation to DTD which is really great and convenient and very relaxing. I honestly think that POFQ is a great location...the bus ride to MK is very short, we were very surprised to see how close it was to MK. And the other parks, the rides were very short as well.

Enjoy!!

biodtl
05-21-2009, 02:51 PM
POFQ - it's small and there is only one stop.

KatMark
05-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Personally, we don't use the buses while at Disney (we rent a car and drive everywhere). However, in our seven stays at the CSR and reading various posts, I am told that the bus system at the CSR is pretty reliable. There are four stops within the resort and then it takes less than 10 minutes once you leave the resort to get to three of the four parks (the MK takes a tad longer). The buses are usually pretty empty on a lot of occasions as well because it is a convention resort and the convention guests are in meetings and not on the buses. Also, at most of the parks, the CSR bus stop to go back to the resort, is near the front of the line of buses.

joelkfla
05-22-2009, 02:27 AM
When we went, we never had to share busses with Riverside...some will tell you that they share all the time, but they don't.
In the morning, FQ mostly has its own buses to the parks.

After about 11 a.m., MK still has separate buses; the other parks send one bus for both FQ & RS (FQ is the first stop.) Epcot will run separate buses again after Illuminations ends.

In a nutshell, the only time you'll have to ride around PORS is if you're going to a park (other than MK) in the afternoon or evening, or if you ride the bus back from DTD to POFQ.

buzz2001
05-22-2009, 07:05 AM
CSR has terrific transportation. It is centrally located with quick rides to all the parks. It also doesn't share buses like POFQ.

Scar
05-22-2009, 07:34 AM
This ones easy.

I've stayed at all the Mods and its not even close.

CSR by far.

kakn7294
05-22-2009, 08:43 AM
POFQ is my favorite moderate but the buses at CSR were the best. Even though it doesn't seem like it to look at a map, the resort is fairly centrally located and the travel times were relatively short. Most of the time during the day, the buses weren't anywhere near full. At night, the wait times to get back to the resort at the end of the day were just about in line with everywhere else. I didn't care much for the rest of the resort though but that was a matter of personal taste, a poor experience with housekeeping, and a more business-like atmosphere than I was expecting.

Giselle
05-22-2009, 02:04 PM
I just posted a poll asking this same question about a week or 2 ago. (I"d link it but I don't know how) and the winner was CSR for best moderate with best transport to the parks. I've stayed at POFQ and the transportation was ok. The aggravating part was that often we went to POR before going to the parks and it has 4 stops. So that is 4 stops often waiting on wheel chairs to get loaded/ unloaded etc. before even getting on the streets. Good luck!

ptenreiro
05-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks to everyone for their comments. Are two top choices before this post were POFQ and CSR. The responses sure validated those choices. It was a very close decision but we ultimately chose POFQ. The decision came down to the fact that we are crusing to several stops in Mexico and Belize, and we felt it would be nice to get a little different theme before we hop on the boat.

Thanks again to all.

AmandaChan
05-27-2009, 01:35 AM
POFQ really is great with the buses when you're careful. If you go to a park mid-day (perhaps after coming back to take a break) then they definitely stop at at least 4 different Riverside stops. I found that when we go to the parks in the morning around opening they never take the buses over to POR. Also the boat to DTD is a definite plus. We used that boat a lot more than I would have thought.