PDA

View Full Version : on posting my ADR res experience...

Nicki'sMom
05-21-2009, 07:57 AM
I just wanted to post this and say I hope it didn't stress people out reading about my ADR experience. I wanted to help others to be prepared for their call. It was VERY different than past years and I was glad I got the heads up before going in. I hope it didn't worry too many of you who are 1,2 or 3 weeks out from your 90 days. I know some of you had negative experiences already and that stinks because I know most folks REALLY look forward to this step in the planning process. I know I do. I am sad that Disney has made it so difficult to secure desirable times for people using the dining plan. One way I see it, the new 90 day window allows people who decide to head to Disney later than those that schedule their trips 6 months out or more, to get a crack at dining times as well. Maybe that is why they changed it. Anyway, I just hope those that had a bad experience still get some magic from their planning process and vacation. :rocks:

SBETigg
05-21-2009, 08:09 AM
I didn't have any more trouble getting everything at 90 days than I did at 180. Everyone's on the same schedule with the 90 days, so I don't see how you feel the system is unfair. Why would Disney go out of their way to make it harder for people to get the dining they want? You face the same reservations system whether you're on the dining plan or not.

I prefer the 90 day system. It still gives me plenty of time to look over the options and decide what I want, and a better opportunity to make it mesh with the Disney schedule instead of having to guess if the schedule will be the same as it gets closer. I'm sorry you had trouble getting what you wanted.

TheRustyScupper
05-21-2009, 08:19 AM
1) We respect your thoughts.
2) Thanks.

3) As for 180-days, 100-days, 90-days, 20-days, it doesn't matter.
4) I think the +10 days is what is hurting.
5) When someone calls, there are others who already booked your dates.
6) This limits your ability to get your choices.
7) It was better when people called in day-by-day.
8) Everyone had a fair chance.

NOTE: The 90+10 was meant to make it sound better to stay on-site, but now it is proving to be a disadvantage.

marylynne95
05-21-2009, 09:13 AM
It is going to be harder to get what you want during the free dining promotion as well, which is where I think we stand for the 90 day mark.

tinkergal
05-21-2009, 10:51 AM
RustyScupper, I pm'd you on the 90+10..
:thanks:

faline
05-21-2009, 11:05 AM
I just recently made some dining reservations for an upcoming trip. After reading some of the posts about making reservations, I was prepared for an ordeal and for the need to be very flexible about where we'll be dining.

I called promptly at 7:00 a.m. and was on hold for approximately 20 minutes - longer than I'm used to but not extraordinary considering I needed to call another service provider today and was probably on hold for about the same length of time.

I needed to make one major adjustment to my schedule in that LeCellier was sold out for the day I wanted but I had no problems getting a reservation for the day after I had originally planned - no biggie, we'll just adjust our schedule accordiningly.

Everything else I asked for, I pretty much got. Tony's on the day I wanted and within five minutes of the time I requested; Akershus Princess breafast on teh day I wanted and within 5 minutes of the time I requested; Hollywood Brown Derby on the day I wanted and within 15 minutes of the time I requested. The only other adjustment I needed to make was for a California Grill time. I was able to get the day I wanted but for a time that was 1 hour and 20 minutes later than the time I had requested. Again, no biggie - I'll just adjust my touring plan to fit this.

The man I spoke with was pleasant, polite, and patient. Overall, it was a good experience.

Nicki'sMom
05-21-2009, 02:26 PM
I agree with TheRustyScupper...it is the 90+10
That is what makes it hard.

jrpersinger
05-21-2009, 05:26 PM
I think its the 90 + 10. But I also think the 90 days are playing a part. I don't believe as many people planned or were even booked for their stay at 180 days.

I know this has been the worst experience for me. I could not get Le Cellier for dinner the entire week, and they only had one lunch opening and that was when Le Cellier opened, which was just to early for us to eat steak. And the only F! Package I could get was Brown Derby. The rest were sold out by time I called.