PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney-a meal

AuntKari
05-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Do you have to book a place at Downtown Disney in order to get a meal without waiting forever? What are your favorites at Downtown Disney if you had to pick a place for a family of 7 (ages 5-48)? Thank you, Aunt Kari

Strmchsr
05-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Depends on what time of day you're going. During the lunch crowd you can get in most places with no problem at all. During the evening hours DTD gets pretty packed out and wait times can become quite lengthy so priority seating is recommended. Most of the places don't do ADR's through Disney but you can do the priority seating through their own number. For the age range you mentioned I might suggest T-Rex or Rainforest. We especially loved the T-Rex this last trip.

badkitty
05-20-2009, 08:18 PM
I loved T-Rex, though it was a bit noisy. Rainforest was great too. Both are themed so the kids will have a blasted.

I also really enjoyed Bongos and sometimes they have live entertainment. More of a grown-up kind of place but the food was great.

AuntKari
05-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Who do I call (what number) to make a booking at T-rex? Is this the restaurant or Disney? Is it a confirmed reservation or priority seating? Thank you, Kari

Strmchsr
05-20-2009, 09:02 PM
You call (407) 828-TREX (8739) and it's priority seating, though they are generally pretty good about getting you in without too long a wait. Much better than the walk-up line. This is the number directly for the restaurant, not Disney Dining.

JavaDuck
05-21-2009, 12:41 AM
For a QS meal, I recommend Earl of Sandwich. We ate there two times during out last trip. Nice selection of sandwiches and each one I had was quite tasty.

TheRustyScupper
05-21-2009, 08:21 AM
Do you have to book a place at Downtown Disney in order to get a meal without waiting forever?

1) Sometimes.
2) Many DTD eateries are not on DDP.
3) So, it is sometimes easier to get ADR's.
4) Thus, the lines are less.

SBETigg
05-21-2009, 08:33 AM
I like Raglan Road. There's live music after nine, which might be a little late and loud for your youngest party members. Earlier in the evening, though, it's pleasant and more family crowd, less pub crowd. The food is very good (new twists on traditional Irish pub food), and it is on the dining plan, seating available through Disney or through their own website.

ransam
05-21-2009, 10:18 AM
we went to wolf gang puck and it was a counter service...I was shocked...I had never had such a good meal that was only a counter service.

ElenitaB
05-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Our favorite at DTD is Wolfgang Puck Cafe. Excellent food (including on the kid's menu)... and if you go when it's on the warm side, there is seating outside.

estein80
05-22-2009, 12:50 PM
DH and I are normally big fans of Portobello's though the menu has changed a bit. I would recommend reservations because of your party size if you are going to do a sit down place. We went with my parents, brother and family friends a year ago and did Earl of Sandwich before going to La Nouba. The food was great (DH is not the biggest fan, but he doesn't really like sandwiches for dinner.)

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-22-2009, 01:14 PM
If you don't want to make an ADR, try Wolfgang Puck Express....we love it

Wrigley
05-22-2009, 02:10 PM
We really enjoy Wolfgang Puck Cafe-it is a counter service restaurant, but with excellent non-typical food for counter service! We have eaten here several times and have always had GREAT food!

mainemajor
05-22-2009, 08:07 PM
For a QS meal, I recommend Earl of Sandwich. We ate there two times during out last trip. Nice selection of sandwiches and each one I had was quite tasty.

I'll second this. Each trip we need to eat here. We get a couple of sandwiches and share.

irish1967
05-22-2009, 09:08 PM
I had a great lunch at Ranglan Road. Would love to go and check out the entertainment some evening!