PDA

View Full Version : Celiac News

figgie
05-20-2009, 11:11 AM
I've posted before on the great options in dinning for gluten free dinners. Something new to announce is the addition of fried chicken fingers at the fast food booths. We were surprised to be at Typhoon Lagoon ordering our gluten free hamburgers when the manager told us that it was the first day they were offering this new item. Cudos to Disney for continuing to expand their food items to accomadate everyone!

queenstorm24
05-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Did you have a list of gluten free foods before you went on vacation? If so, how did you get the list?

Thanks

figgie
05-26-2009, 10:28 AM
We actually live in Florida and eat at DWD quite often because they are so Food Friendly for people with special needs. Like most "Foodie" people we just keep asking questions and build our own list. You can call every table service restaurant and tell them of your special dietary needs beforehand to insure you get the right information. We have never had a problem just showing up and getting accomodated. The chef will come to your table and let you know what is available for you to order.

When you go to the counter service places, you can also ask what is availabe for your food alergy. All cashiers should have the right information but most keep one lane, usuall the last one on the left, for special orders or food alergies. Usually the manager will talk to you and you will wait longer for these orders but the wait is worth it to get food you know will not make you sick and ruin your whole vacation or something even worse.

I'm not sure there is an over all list since the menu items change and are revamped to keep up with the needs. We keep our own list and definetly have our favorite places to chow down.

I can tell you one place we tend to avoid now. Several times now we have ordered Gluten Free at the restaurant at the England pavillion at EPCOT. Were served and started eating then served another meal after starting to eat the first, only to be told the first one was a mistake (even after asking again to be sure) and only the second was the gluten free one! We do not trust them anymore...