PDA

View Full Version : DDP Buffet - Tips....

MindyMouse76
05-19-2009, 03:41 PM
We are considering doing three character meals - CRT, Chef Mickey, and Donald's Safari Breakfast. I can't find it - but I thought I read somewhere that some (or all) of the buffet's with the Dining Plan - that the tips are included. Is that true? Or is it just with the CRT (which will cost me 2 TS meals).

I understand that at non-buffets we are own our own for tipping.

Thanks!

kakn7294
05-19-2009, 03:54 PM
The tip is never included on the DDP. You must always pay it separately. Disney will conveniently figure the amount as an 18% gratuity on the bill though, regardless of the type or quality of service.

mreinventtt
05-19-2009, 04:34 PM
ok, so real quick...If I do Hoopty Doo. Is the gratuity already included on that? If I am on the dining plan do I have to leave a tip?

gerald72
05-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Yes, tip is included at HDDR with the DDP.

It'sWDW4me
05-19-2009, 05:32 PM
The tip is never included on the DDP. You must always pay it separately. Disney will conveniently figure the amount as an 18% gratuity on the bill though, regardless of the type or quality of service.

Hoop Dee Doo, CRT, and Spirit of Aloha - tips are included if you use the dining plan.

The 18% gratuity is automatically tacked on to the bill for parties of 6 or more, whether it's a buffet or not (TS only - not CS) and whether the service warrants it or not. For smaller parties, the amounts (18%, 20%, and one more but I can't remember the %) are listed at the bottom of the bill so that you don't have to whip out a calculator or do the math in your head but at least you get to chose how much and what method to tip.