PDA

View Full Version : Best breakfast buffet?

obsessive planner
05-19-2009, 09:20 AM
We have a 4 year old son, what is the best breakfast buffet? Food and entertainment wise?

Belle--86
05-19-2009, 09:26 AM
I would suggesst Chef Mickey,s-- good food and fun for the kids and adults. Our new favorite is Tuskar House great food , great varity and of course for this duck fan-- you have Donald and Daisy .:donald:

yjgirl32
05-19-2009, 09:31 AM
I haven't really tried many- but I did really like Chef Mickey's- Very good food ad lots of vriety and my ds3 loved it. Good luck

DisneyFr33k
05-19-2009, 09:38 AM
We enjoyed eating in the Castle. Wonderful food and service. Even boys came away with swords and fun too! But it can depend on the boy.

DakandZakMom
05-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace

MickeyMousse
05-19-2009, 09:52 AM
Cape May. Really good food, characters and service.:thumbsup:

wire0monkey
05-19-2009, 10:23 AM
We love Cape May and Boma.

The food at Boma is our favorite -- it's a little more of a mix (American, African American, Southern, African). We go see the animals after we eat.

Cape May is our favorite character meal. No Mickey, but Goofy and Minnie are usually there. It's a quieter atmosphere. If you go early, you get tons of time with the characters. The food is good.

TheRustyScupper
05-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Buffets:
1) For Entertainment - Chef Mickey's
2) For Food - Boma

BigRedDad
05-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Chef Mickey's: Food was good, characters were OK

Tusker House: Great food, great character interaction, completely enjoyable

O'Hana's: Great food, great character interaction, great fun for all

Crystal Palace: Good food, ok character interaction, only good if you can be done eating before rope drop

Akershus: Great princess interaction, good food for adventurous eaters, good food for picky eaters

I need to try some others the next time I go. But I usually only like the park breakfasts because of characters and getting in before everyone else.

jszczur5
05-19-2009, 03:00 PM

I second that!

disneykid99
05-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Chief Mickey or Akerhus (breakfast only) get my family's vote. We like both the food and characters at these.

After all the other posts I am considering adding Tusker to our reservations? I wondering what time they start taking ADR's.

brian2000boston
05-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Out of the two we tried we liked Tusker House. We thought the food was better than Chef Mickeys. Character wise they were both great. Our son was three at the time.

Beast_fanatic
05-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Chief Mickey or Akerhus (breakfast only) get my family's vote. We like both the food and characters at these.

After all the other posts I am considering adding Tusker to our reservations? I wondering what time they start taking ADR's.

8:05am

rkwctw
05-19-2009, 06:36 PM
We enjoy Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace and 1900 Park Fare. I hear the Trailsend at the campground has the best and cheapest and we are trying it this time.
:mickey:

PETE FROM NYC
05-19-2009, 07:42 PM
I vote for Crystal Palace in MK or Donalds Safari Bfst in AK.
Eating in a resort takes away from park time.

GoldenDreams
05-19-2009, 07:44 PM

Ditto! These are both great choices. Chef Mickey is really fun because they have a party a few times while you are there where the characters dance and everyone is encouraged to twirl their napkin in the air. Crystal Palace is elegant, but very friendly. My young son was very impressed with this restaurant. They also have some kind of line dance or something where the characters do a little show. Both have great food - you can't go wrong! But I am partial to the PB&J breakfast pizza at Chef Mickey.

The Grand Floridian's 1900 Park Fare is also delicious and elegant, but with a young son, I'd go for Mickey or Pooh.

Enjoy!!

rmsongs
05-19-2009, 08:35 PM
I can't compare buffets for you, but I give a HUGE thumbs-up to the character breakfast buffet at the Crystal Palace. We found the food and service to be terrific, and the characters were constantly coming by. I'm a big fan of Tigger and our friend loves Eeyore and our server made sure they both spent plenty of time at our table.

brownie
05-20-2009, 07:35 AM
Chef Mickey's for the entertainment but our favorite is Goofy's Beach Bash at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. Good atmosphere and food.

obsessive planner
05-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Thank you for all the suggestions, I'm going to have a hard time narrowing it down!

ChewyStriker
05-20-2009, 09:59 AM
My son - 4 in just over a week from today - loves Crystal Palace for the scrambled eggs, donut holes and Winnie the Pooh characters.:mickey:

We love it for the frittata, puffed French toast, coffee and the location in the MK. We'll be there in a few days!:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
05-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Donald's Safari Breakfast is a fun time and very good food....

..WL's, WCC has a great breakfast and it's very entertaining as well......it's not a buffet, but it's soooo good !!

Rhetoric2000
05-20-2009, 02:01 PM
For atmosphere and fun - Crystal Palace and Tusker House.

For food quality, variety and value - Boma and Captain's Grill.

Buddy08
05-20-2009, 02:07 PM
1900 Park Fare at GF is a great buffet with a large variety of selections and Alice in Wonderland, the Mad Hatter (very funny), Mary Poppins, Tigger and Pooh for the characters. Alot of fun.

deedeebee
05-20-2009, 02:16 PM
We really like Crystal palace for breakfast and Chef Mickey's for dinner.:thumbsup: