PDA

View Full Version : Made my Aug. ADR's this morning...

Nicki'sMom
05-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Ok, it was my turn this morning for our 90 day window and I called right at 7am. I held for about 30 seconds and the CM came on. The first restaurant she checked for me was Le Cellier and it was completely booked for the day we were in Epcot. At this point I was fearful that all the restaurants will be this way. Luckily I got every other choice but the times were VERY slim pickins! I think this 90 day thing is unfair because everyone who called yesterday got the best times for the whole week. I got the leftovers. At least I was rewarded the last couple of years by preplanning very early and getting my pick of timeframes. All in all, I got what we wanted but I STROGLY suggest calling right at 7am. Here are the meals we are having:

1900 Park Fare dinner and breakfast
50's Prime Time
Ohana dinner
Chef Mickey's dinner and breakfast
Donalds Safari Breakfast
Chefs De France

SBETigg
05-19-2009, 09:02 AM
You got some great meals! I hope you have a fun stay.

MindyMouse76
05-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Very good choices. We are interested in Chef Mickey and Donald's Safari breakfast. I get to call in about 3 weeks. What kind of times did you get to choose from for breakfast? I will be interested in 7:50-8am area. So we are done when the park opens at 9am....
I am also interested in the Prime Time Cafe -did that have more time choices?

Thanks!

yjgirl32
05-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Those look like great choices to me. Have a gret trip.

lightyearfan
05-19-2009, 10:01 AM
those are some great choices, mine and dw's 90 day window falls for us in 2 weeks for our sept trip. hopefully because it's a sept trip and schools are back in full force we won't have any issues with times, but then again this is wdw so i guess we'll find out shortly.

Victor

hokies4life
05-19-2009, 10:35 AM
At least you were able to get Ohana. Did you have to get a real early or late ADR? I tried 3 different days from 5-8 and nothing was open. Everything else looks awesome! Hopefully things won't be too crazy during the beginning of free dining!

Nicki'sMom
05-19-2009, 01:35 PM
The times I got were the ONLY ones available. 4:10 for 50's and 5:00 for Ohana which was a pleasant surprise. Donald's only time was 10:15 CM dinner is 6:45 but that isn't too bad. 1900 breakfast is 8:10 so we can just roll over to MK when we are done. Overall it could have been much worse I think. I am so used to having my pick of times I guess I got a little spoiled :blush: I just want to give my kids the best experience possible. I think we lucked out and we are flexible. I was happy to get Ohana and CM the most. Can't wait unitl August. I can already taste the CM mashed potatoes...:eat:

mreinventtt
05-19-2009, 04:47 PM
My 90 day window was yesterday and BELIEVE ME...whoever called yesterday DID NOT get all the good choices. It is all the people that are going the week before. I guarantee that. I called 7 times yesterday and was on hold almost all day, then I finally got on and the computers were froze and they told me to call back. I got barely any dining that I wanted on the days I wanted.There wasnt even one Le cellier opening for the whole 9 days that i will be there. I did change some plans around and called back later in the day and got a few choices that I was looking for but at really late times or early lunches. But hey its free dining, I will take what I can get. :mickey: missy

PixieMagic
05-19-2009, 06:26 PM
At least you were able to get Ohana. Did you have to get a real early or late ADR? I tried 3 different days from 5-8 and nothing was open. Everything else looks awesome! Hopefully things won't be too crazy during the beginning of free dining!

Same here! I had her check from 4-9 every day for both le cellier and Ohana and was told there was NOTHING:(

twinboyz
05-19-2009, 10:08 PM
I also called this morning at 7:00 am sharp and waited for 60 minutes on hold. Ohana was completely booked for the three days we could have eaten there. :mad: I will have to try again. I also wanted R&C but couldn't get anything later then 6:45 and I know that's too early for illuminations. The other three I wanted, were no problem.. 50's for lunch, San Angel Inn for lunch, and HDDR for 5:00. One interesting thing about O'hana though. The CM said it was odd that O'hana was booked solid and thought 'the system wasn't loaded properly' whatever that means, I'm sure it was just booked! Congrats on your ressies and good luck to those with your 90 day mark coming!

Newbie0809
05-19-2009, 10:27 PM
I just booked for Aug too. couldn't get le cellier for any of our 7 nights there but I managed to book the following

Crystal Palace-lunch
1900 Park Fare-dinner
Coral Reef-dinner
Cape May-dinner
Mama Melrose-early dinner
International Illuminations Dinner

Any not worth while?

PixieMagic
05-20-2009, 12:42 AM
I just booked for Aug too. couldn't get le cellier for any of our 7 nights there but I managed to book the following

Crystal Palace-lunch
1900 Park Fare-dinner
Coral Reef-dinner
Cape May-dinner
Mama Melrose-early dinner
International Illuminations Dinner

Any not worth while?

What is an international illuminations dinner? Sounds interesting!:thumbsup:

JavaDuck
05-20-2009, 02:14 AM
I (ok, my travel agent) made our ADRs for our mid August trip. After the 1st round we got ADRs for everything we wanted except Ohana and Prime Time Cafe, just not necessarily at the times we really wanted. We ended up with a lunch time ADR for Le Cellier as well when we were hoping for a dinner time.

Later that day, we were able to find a lunch time ADR for Prime Time but still no Ohana. I then told our travel agent, that we would be fine with switching days around. She said that could possibly help and she would try again later in the week when the ADR would be a true 90 days out. We have a package, so were using the +10 day rule. She said that some of the restaurants make additional tables available at the actual 90 days.

Anyway, later in the week we were able to change both of our lunch ADRs to dinner ADRs and were able to finally get a late late Ohana time.

If something is not available, keep trying. If it is more than 90 days out, try again when it is actual 90 days as well.

I agree with a previous poster, last year when it was 180 days, I had no problem getting everything I wanted. The 90 days is making it much tougher.

motherof4
05-20-2009, 08:20 PM
I also called this morning at 7 00 and I held for 30 min and when the cm picked up she said her computer was down and I had to call back in 2 hours ,talk about frustrating. I finally called back and had to wait another 20 min and the first one I asked for was le celier and she said that it was booked for my whole stay. I don't understand how it is booked when everyone going on this day had to wait for today to call. I have never got to eat in le cellier and I have been to disney 5 times on the ddp. I hear it is really good I hope someday I get to try it.

hokies4life
05-20-2009, 09:15 PM
One interesting thing about O'hana though. The CM said it was odd that O'hana was booked solid and thought 'the system wasn't loaded properly' whatever that means, I'm sure it was just booked!

They said the same thing to me too! Maybe we had the same person :secret:. I'll just have to keep trying and see if we can get in.

I also called this morning at 7 00 and I held for 30 min and when the cm picked up she said her computer was down and I had to call back in 2 hours ,talk about frustrating. I finally called back and had to wait another 20 min and the first one I asked for was le celier and she said that it was booked for my whole stay. I don't understand how it is booked when everyone going on this day had to wait for today to call. I have never got to eat in le cellier and I have been to disney 5 times on the ddp. I hear it is really good I hope someday I get to try it.

It was probably filled up by people that could start calling last week since they can make their ADRs up to 10 days ahead. I'm sure if you try calling back you might be able to pick up a cancellation to be able to eat there. Good Luck!! :thumbsup:

:chipdale:

Newbie0809
05-20-2009, 10:11 PM
What is an international illuminations dinner? Sounds interesting!:thumbsup:

Don't know much about it but it's one of the Grand Gathering experience (you have to have at least 8 people in your group). International dinner at an Epcot location with dessert reception outside while you watch illuminations. It takes 2 dining credits so I hope it's good.

PixieMagic
05-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Don't know much about it but it's one of the Grand Gathering experience (you have to have at least 8 people in your group). International dinner at an Epcot location with dessert reception outside while you watch illuminations. It takes 2 dining credits so I hope it's good.

It sounds AMAZING! Wish we had 4 more people! LMAO!

faline
05-21-2009, 07:47 PM
I recently made reservations for an August trip and didn't think it was all that bad. I needed to be flexible in a couple of situations and was on hold for about 20 minutes, but, overall, I'm quote pleased.

cmsizzlin
05-22-2009, 11:22 AM
I called yesterday for our August ADRS and got most of them but we had to be flexible w/the times they had available. I was only on hold for about 10-minutes, had a very pleasant/helpful CM. :thumbsup:

TwinniesNMeLoveWDW
05-22-2009, 05:51 PM
I feel very lucky with my ADR experience this year. I got everything I wanted on the days I wanted, within 30 minutes of the time I requested. I'm especially happy that I was able to get 'Ohana, after reading all of the posts about everyone's difficulty getting in.

irish1967
05-22-2009, 08:59 PM
When I called in April for our July trip I was able to get that I wanted was Spoodles - and that was because it will be closed at the time we are there.

I called at 7:00 a.m. and was on the phone for less than 20 minutes total.

Except for Spoodles, I got the restaurants we wanted very close to the times we wanted them.

For the record - don't worry, we didn't keep anyone away from Le Cellier. Personally, we ate there once and it was quite enough. Our experience definitely didn't live up to the reputation!