PDA

View Full Version : Just My Luck

PixieMagic
05-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Go figure - spent all my cell phone min + some today trying to get through to Disney Dining, only to end up not getting our top 2 restaurants! How in heck could they be COMPLETELY booked up for dinner at two different restaurants for an ENTIRE WEEK in a matter of hours...especially since half the times I called I ended up waiting only to hear "I'm sorry, our systems are down!" On top of it, we didn't get a single time frame we wanted....I just don't understand! :( ARGH!!! Looks like I will either have a very dissapointed family or I will luck out on one of the 90 days I will be calling before our trip...twice a day! :mad:

Nicki'sMom
05-18-2009, 08:04 PM
I am so sorry. This is not good. I bet you anything they have cut down on seatings to save money. I have done free dining 2 out of the last 3 years and have NEVER had this problem.

biodtl
05-18-2009, 08:28 PM
The reason why they seem like they book in a few short hours is that when you make ADRs you can make them from 90 days of your arrival - so people arriving up to a week before you have already made ADRs into you vacation week.

Seasonscraps
05-18-2009, 08:35 PM
I would keep calling - there may be a cancellation between now and then.

dsnyfan001
05-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Hey im with u! Lol I waited for one hour this morning from 7 am to 8 am and the music went silent i heard some voices and then heard click! I got hung up on!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one flippin hour waiting to be hung up on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad: I was livid couldnt get back thru waited 40 min two times. I had problems on the one place and the other place was booked so we can be mad together!!!!!!!! I am sorry you had to go thru it too! How frusterating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

PixieMagic
05-18-2009, 09:15 PM
It was def my worst experience EVER making ADRs....even the CM was shocked that there was NOTHING available!

Dsnygirl
05-18-2009, 10:03 PM
:( I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that online ADR booking was supposed to go live today, and I think it did, but only for travel agents... maybe the entire system is messed up b/c of it??

I'd definitely try again over the next few days... maybe there were glitches r/t the new system that will get worked out.

Good luck!!

pcoleman
05-18-2009, 10:45 PM
How do the on line ADR's work? Can any travel agent book?

jrpersinger
05-18-2009, 10:56 PM
The reason why they seem like they book in a few short hours is that when you make ADRs you can make them from 90 days of your arrival - so people arriving up to a week before you have already made ADRs into you vacation week.

Ditto to the above.

I called last Monday and the 90 + 10 hurt us too. We weren't able to get Le Cellier or Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package. And I got threw right at 7am with NO hold. I have called almost everyday since and still can't get them.

1EeyoreFan
05-19-2009, 08:53 PM
I feel your pain! I called on Monday and got the "all circuits are busy" message for almost 35 min. straight. When I did get through I was on hold for 45 min. before getting an answer. BTW I wish they would change up the hold music a little. I got a little tired of hearing the same few songs repeatedly. :D

I have to admit that I had a great CM once I got through. I was unable to get Ohana or LeCellier for ANY time during the week we will be there. I was able to get all the other ADRs we wanted but we are eating early dinners, not sure if that made any difference in getting in or not.

estein80
05-19-2009, 09:23 PM
I can imagine how frustrating that was. I can tell you from experience that if you keep calling, you might get somewhere. I know that I called over and over for my trip last week and we finally got the character breakfast we wanted the night before.

Good luck!

PixieMagic
05-20-2009, 12:49 AM
I can imagine how frustrating that was. I can tell you from experience that if you keep calling, you might get somewhere. I know that I called over and over for my trip last week and we finally got the character breakfast we wanted the night before.

Good luck!

Agreed! I called twice today and plan on doing that every day till the day of our dining! Ha ha!:thumbsup:

I feel your pain! I called on Monday and got the "all circuits are busy" message for almost 35 min. straight. When I did get through I was on hold for 45 min. before getting an answer. BTW I wish they would change up the hold music a little. I got a little tired of hearing the same few songs repeatedly. :D

I have to admit that I had a great CM once I got through. I was unable to get Ohana or LeCellier for ANY time during the week we will be there. I was able to get all the other ADRs we wanted but we are eating early dinners, not sure if that made any difference in getting in or not.

Yep - I have heard zipadee doo da, grim grinning ghosts, small life, etc...more times in the last two days than I will during our entire trip! LMAO! HOWEVER! That morning and this experience makes my decision to NEVER book in August again....AND that the dining system is messed up...b/c #1 there is no way all ressies for Le Cellier and Ohana are booked completely already and #2 not only did my friend get a ressie for Ohana after I called (and was told nothing available), but others who booked today were able to get ressies during our time frame.....but I looked at both of these restaurants from 4-9 during our ENTIRE STAY....it's just not possible! They have to be saving spots for each day.....as such I will be up @ 6am the next few days to call and check! Wish me luck and BTW...I am sound negative b/c of this situation but I AM IN LOVE WITH DISNEY!!!

**as an addendum....when we went as children, my parents would call for dining on the day of from our resort phone and get seating for that night....ahhh the simplicity:cloud9:

TheRustyScupper
05-20-2009, 07:36 AM
It is not you.
Here's the Problem:

1) People get 90+10 days ADR's when staying on site.
2) This is good for you.
3) Sounds great, huh?
4) However, someone else already ate into your days with their 10-days.
5) So, when you call, you are already at a disadvantage for popular meals.
6) During Free Dining, it gets even worse.

NOTE: No good deed goes unrewarded. 90+10 has its own problems. What sounds like a good deal is actually a disadvantage, because other people get a 10-days lead on you for the same coveted ADR's. People just never look at it this way. They assume the +10 will get them anything they want. It was more fair when you had 90-days and had to call each day. At least the fastest dialers got their ressies.

BugeyedMuggy
05-20-2009, 09:37 AM
Sometimes if you try to book a different # of people they have openings. For example we wanted a table for 2 and were told they were completly booked. When we asked for a table for 4 we got right in.

Wells
05-20-2009, 11:18 AM
It is not you.
Here's the Problem:

1) People get 90+10 days ADR's when staying on site.
2) This is good for you.
3) Sounds great, huh?
4) However, someone else already ate into your days with their 10-days.
5) So, when you call, you are already at a disadvantage for popular meals.
6) During Free Dining, it gets even worse.

NOTE: No good deed goes unrewarded. 90+10 has its own problems. What sounds like a good deal is actually a disadvantage, because other people get a 10-days lead on you for the same coveted ADR's. People just never look at it this way. They assume the +10 will get them anything they want. It was more fair when you had 90-days and had to call each day. At least the fastest dialers got their ressies.

It's actually worse than this, Not only are you competing with the 90+10 day people, you also have the less than 90 day people who are, no doubt, calling frequently looking for ADR's or cancellations.......