PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fare v. Chef Mickey's

KAT1811
05-18-2009, 04:22 PM
If you had to choose one which one would you go with and why? I may have to choose between the two.

There are 6 of us DH, DD#1 (12 1/2) DD#2 (turining 5 on our trip), DD#3 (2 3/4 almost 3), and DS (8 months at time of travel).

Also we are planning on arriving late afternoon on a Sunday and are staying at OKW. Would you just eat at Olivia's, head over to DTD for dinner, or go to one of these eateries? I'm not suer what to do so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

wdwfansince75
05-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Either of these is a winner....I prefer 1900 Park Faire.....but the rest of the family shouted me down, so we have started our last two trips at Chef Mickey's, then, up to the Monorail, and off to an evening at MK. With or without the stop at MK, either one is a great way to start a Disney trip. Last June, DGS#4 (at 6 m0nths) had his first face to face with Mickey, Goofy, and Donald....and the rest of the family said, "I told you we'd be back!"....and DGD#3 (8) got a Princess of the Day award!

wdwfansince75
05-18-2009, 08:22 PM
There are 6 of us DH, DD#1 (12 1/2) DD#2 (turining 5 on our trip), DD#3 (2 3/4 almost 3), and DS (8 months at time of travel).

Just spotted the fact that God rewarded your persistence....Congrats on DS....(although daughters are gifts, too) We have two of each, and they rewarded us with 7 wonderful grandkids....Our grandkids range in age from 17 months to 18 years...and they have all loved Chef Mickey's and 1900 Park Fare....Do either, call it a tradition, and go back as often as you can!...

KAT1811
05-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Just spotted the fact that God rewarded your persistence....Congrats on DS....(although daughters are gifts, too)

Thank you! I could have 10 no problem. I love children!!! Now if I could just win Powerball!

GrmGrninGost
05-21-2009, 05:41 AM
Definitely 1900 Park Fare for dinner! If it were breakfast, I'd go with Chef Mickey's! :mickey:

Nicki'sMom
05-21-2009, 07:29 AM
I agree with the above post that 1900 Park Fare is a bit fancier of a buffet for dinner. I really liked CM as a close second though. I would go with whatever characters the older ones like best. They are both close to MK. We have done CM on opening night of the trip two years in a row and this year we are doing 1900 the first night. I have CM schedule for breakfast and lunch later in the week though! Wouldn't miss either of 'em. :mickey:

LandFan
05-21-2009, 08:49 AM
I haven't been to either yet - we don't do buffets often... But I am trying both on our August trip so I hope they are both good!:D

jakeybake
05-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Park Fare for sure.

We are Beach Club and Cape May Cafe people first and foremost, but 1900 Park Fare always holds a special place in our hearts, since we spent our honeymoon at the GF back in '91.

We always make a point to eat there at least once each trip, and were just there back in April during our last trip.

The food is always fantastic and the service top notch. My kids are 11 (DS) and 7 (DD) and sooooo not into the princess/prince thing but they always enjoy themselves when they are there and we get a kick out of making them take pictures with the characters and I think they secretly like it, though would NEVER admit it.

Chef Mickey's is fun but it is just way too chaotic for us in comparison to Cape May and Park Fare.

Jay

#1donaldfan
05-21-2009, 01:16 PM
1900 Park Fare....the stepsisters are totally funny and very entertaining.....they will definatley keep the kids attention, plus the food is great for buffet style fare.....:thumbsup:

Young@Heart
05-28-2009, 10:54 AM
We were in this situation for or Aug. trip, and we chose Chef Mickey's. We've been to both before, and although we had a great time at 1900 Park Fare (the step sisters are hilarious!), we just felt that Chef Mickey's was a better fit for our family.

However, we have 2 teenage boys and a 5 year old DD. With a family of 3 girls and a baby boy, 1900 Park Fare might just work best for you. You could always put it to a vote and see what your DD's prefer. :mickey: