PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic show

mshomeschoolmom
05-18-2009, 04:11 PM
We saw the Fantasmic show last year with the dinner package. With all the mixed reviews we are debating on whether or not doing the dinner package this year and just taking a chance on seeing it without doing the dinner package. Those of you that don't do the dinner package, is it very hard to get to see the show? How early will we need to be in line?

SFD998
05-18-2009, 04:29 PM
The first time we went to see this show we waited in line for 4 yes 4 hours. This was to be able to view it from where everyone said was the best viewing location. I WOULD NEVER DO THIS AGAIN. Nor, would I ever recommend it to anyone.

I have also done the dinner seating package. A much better option especially if you have seen the show. That being said while we waited for the show to start there were people coming in right up to the last minute and finding seats. However, I haven't been to the show since 2007. I would still assume that if you don't care where you sit you probably don't need to be there really early. This is assuming you are not going at a really busy time. Then all bets are off.

I am planning on going again when we go back in October and probably will not arrive any earlier than 30 minutes before the show.

As a side note to anyone who has gone more recently if this is a bad idea please tell me.

bcornette
05-18-2009, 05:23 PM
I think the biggest factor is, when are you going? If it is a really busy time of year, the dinner package is probably a good idea, especially if you don't want to waste hours waiting.
We have been the last few years in October and early November, and never showed up more than 30 minutes early. Last year they had about 25% roped off and empty because of such a light crowd.

Babe the Blue Ox
05-18-2009, 06:03 PM
I usually go during the busy summer months when they show Fantasmic twice. Generally the shows are at 9 and 10:30 with park closing at 10.

Here's what I do:
1. Avoid the 9 pm show at all costs. why anyone would wait in that line is beyond me.
2. Repeatedly ride Tower of Tower and/or Aerosmith from 9 to 10. The lines are very, very short. Continue until they say, "we're closed, please leave".
3. At about 10:15, go find something to drink and eat.
4. Head into the ampitheater and sit down. You should only have to wait about 10 minutes for show time.

That's about it. It's a really good show and shouldn't be missed. I just wouldn't spend several hours of prime park time waiting for it.

mshomeschoolmom
05-18-2009, 06:27 PM
We are going the 1st week of October.

AuntKari
05-18-2009, 08:14 PM
I am also very confused about this. We got a booking for the dinner package in August but it is for 4:00 PM. That means we have to leave AK to get to HS just to get a pass for this show...it sort of messes up all the fun for a full day at AK (which we will be at for sure!) But if we don't do a dinner package is it worth waiting in line 2-4 hours for this show when you could be off doing so many other things? Now they have limited this show to 2 days a week and there is no second show so you know the line is going to be long! Is that worth leaving AK and doing a 4:00 dinner package just to see Fantasmic??? Will we even be guaranteed to see it? I read one comment that even the dinner package person didn't get in so get in line early-so what's the point of the package???

joonyer
05-19-2009, 01:46 PM
In my opinion, it is not worth waiting in line for 2 hours, unless you are just a front row seat fanatic. You can see the same show just by going in later, 30 minutes (or even less) before show time and you'll still be able to get a seat. I wouldn't waste my valuable ride/attraction time waiting in line when you don't have to.

NewDVCowner
05-19-2009, 01:57 PM
I was there Thanksgiving week of 2007, so a pretty busy time of year. I don't think we waited more than a half hour and got seats that were just fine. Certainly not front row, center, but we could see everything.

BluewaterBrad
05-19-2009, 03:35 PM
I usually go during the busy summer months when they show Fantasmic twice. Generally the shows are at 9 and 10:30 with park closing at 10.

Here's what I do:
1. Avoid the 9 pm show at all costs. why anyone would wait in that line is beyond me.
2. Repeatedly ride Tower of Tower and/or Aerosmith from 9 to 10. The lines are very, very short. Continue until they say, "we're closed, please leave".
3. At about 10:15, go find something to drink and eat.
4. Head into the ampitheater and sit down. You should only have to wait about 10 minutes for show time.

That's about it. It's a really good show and shouldn't be missed. I just wouldn't spend several hours of prime park time waiting for it.

Thats a good plan. I really have not done that tactic in many years. Its mainly because i get pretty beat by then. It is a perfect last night plan for me though!:mickey:

CaptSmee
05-20-2009, 12:05 AM
In my opinion, it is not worth waiting in line for 2 hours, unless you are just a front row seat fanatic. You can see the same show just by going in later, 30 minutes (or even less) before show time and you'll still be able to get a seat. I wouldn't waste my valuable ride/attraction time waiting in line when you don't have to.

With Fantasmic only showing a few times a week instead of daily, I would get there about an hour early. I've seen it 3 times with it's limited showing and each time it's been filled to capacity 30 minutes to showtime.

Babe the Blue Ox
06-14-2009, 01:31 PM
I went to the 2nd showing of Fantasmic last Thursday night. Got there about 10 minutes before show time and had great seats. The stadium was less than half full.

Pirate Granny
06-14-2009, 10:58 PM
HELLO...we had the Fantasmic Package and dinner ADR for 4:10pm...we arrived for the 9pm show at 8:30 to be told STANDING ROOM only...and took bad you have the package reservations...it said to be there an hour before and those seats are all gone...they no longer police the 'reserved' seats and so they are fair game to everyone. there is no longer a seperate entrance...you all enter together. IMO the package is no longer worth it...especially since they say no extra $$$ but if you look the H&V buffet is two dollars a head more expensive than the non-package pricing. I would have to assume the same for MM and BD. This was for a Thursday showing and they did schedule 2 fantasmics for that evening...only reservations for the first show though.
:pirate.