PDA

View Full Version : No WDW next year - what were we thinking.

Ksmith75
05-18-2009, 03:19 PM
So after another wonderful trip to Disney a few weeks ago - we thought we would go on a cruise next year. We went on one for our honeymoon and loved it - then we went to WDW for the past 3 years...well we started planning the cruise and were excited , then my husband said the other night "I am torn" and I thought he meant on what new car to get - but yes! he meant about not going to WDW. We were both so relieved that we both want to go to Disney again....So needless to say we are going next year!!!!!

It is funny - i cant imagine not going!

Ed
05-18-2009, 03:24 PM
In the legal profession, that's called "temporary insanity". :crazy:

Glad you've come to your senses! ;)

mouseketeer mom
05-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Thats the spirit!! Start planning!!:mickey:

Dsnygirl
05-18-2009, 04:10 PM
:mickey: How funny... we're kind-of going through that right now, and we haven't even taken our "this year" trip yet!! ;)

For the past few trips, we've always had in our head when we wanted to go back... nothing definite, just the knowledge that next time would be Christmas, or Halloween, or springtime... this year, we're hitting the final trip we'd "planned ahead" for, and have thought that we'd like to get away (just us, sans kids) for a 4 or 5 night trip tropical stay somewhere next year, and then maybe take the kids somewhere later in the year.

Of course, as our trip approaches and I get into the real planning phase, I'm feeling "off" b/c I can't say "Well, if we don't do that this time, we'll do it next year" and I don't care for that feeling at all!! It's not like I don't know we'll definitely go back... it's just that feeling that there's nothing "out there" to balance this trip.

Weird, I know... but maybe not to the folks on here. Can't tell you what we'll end up doing, but maybe we can squeeze in a little trip somewhere... :blush:

gwfx1031
05-18-2009, 05:31 PM
We just booked DCL and a few days at AKL for next year as a family. DW also suggested that if we got AP's again then it would give us an excuse just for the two of us to go later in the year as well.

Aggie97
05-18-2009, 05:40 PM
That's so funny; I understand how you feel!

We also are not planning to go to WDW this year. After annual trips for several years, we visited four times between Dec. '07 and Oct. '08 (in '07 we relocated within easy driving distance of WDW :blush:). We agreed that once our APs expired, we would take a year off from WDW.

I know it's the right thing to do... my husband's firm has been conducting multiple rounds of lay-offs that likely will continue into next year, we're hoping to start a family soon, and we will be moving next summer. But it's a real bummer, for the first time in several years, to not have a WDW trip on the horizon. :(

TheVBs
05-18-2009, 09:55 PM
That would be us! In fact, we've been going to WDW about every two years, and going someplace else in between. Everytime we go somewhere else, we wish we'd gone to Disney.

Mickey's Pals
05-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Get the best of both world's take a Disney Cruise or a Disney Cruise/WDW Vacation! :sail:

I suggest WDW first and then Cruise (to relax)!

BluewaterBrad
05-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Me either!!:mickey:

EpcotChic23
05-22-2009, 12:16 PM
We are not going this year either, due to our first Disney Baby due July13th. But we are already planning our trip for June 2010. It was tough skipping a year, even though I know it is for a wonderful reason. We are just waiting for my mom to get her DVC points in June and while on maternity leave we will be planning it.

dmosher
05-22-2009, 08:58 PM
We seem to do this Every Year. We say we will wait 2 years and save up or go someplace else next year, but sure enough when planning time kicks in it's "Well, why not Disney!" all over again. Not that I am complaining. hehe
:pipes:
D