PDA

View Full Version : What Makes You Get "All Teary" at the Parks?

ojeilatan
05-18-2009, 02:28 PM
I was thinking about our upcoming trip to WDW today (12 DAYS!!!) and about how certain moments at WDW or DL never fail to start the tears going. There's always those things that remind me of the amazing place I'm in, and how Disney tradition touches and changes lives. Maybe I'm just an emotional woman, but does anyone else have those certain things that just really touch your heart every time?

My List:
-The entire fireworks show
-Mickey's first appearance in Fantasmic, and the 'This is MY dream!' line
-The characters' first appearance on main street. I always think how they are true celebrities!
-Certain parts of 'One Man's Dream'
-The one that forever sticks in my mind was a small girl and her family who were honorary parade marshals for the the evening. The girl was very small and had lost all her hair. She had been to BBB that day, and was dressed as Cinderella. Despite her obvious illness, she was she estatic and happy, waving and calling out to everyone. The back of her car had a banner with her name and the Make a Wish Foundation's logo. She was the most beautiful little girl and I just broke down. She was just the true symbol of what Disney means, and I was so happy she had her dream come true. I think of her often when I have a bad day still.

So, does anyone else have any stories?? :mickey:

Emme&TeddysMommy
05-18-2009, 02:34 PM
1.Wishes makes me cry everytime.

2.I also cry when I see my children get so excited and experience something new and special to them. All I can say is wow we are so blessed to experience something that some people may never.

DakandZakMom
05-18-2009, 02:44 PM
1. Wishes (gets me every time)
2. The opening ceremony at MK
3. Watching the WDW planning video:blush:

Trev&Ev Mom
05-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Watching the parade in MK for the last time before I have to leave the park for the ride home to NY :( I cry...my kids cry...

Ropachs
05-18-2009, 03:04 PM
The fireworks.
Walking into MK the first time of each trip.
Seeing lost kids reunited with their parents.

TennesseeTink
05-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Wishes and Illuminations both make me tear up.:crying:

Itchy
05-18-2009, 03:05 PM
When I have to leave.:blush:

ojeilatan
05-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Seeing lost kids reunited with their parents.

Never thought of that one!

ojeilatan
05-18-2009, 03:08 PM
When I have to leave.:blush:

Me too! I think we all do :(

disneymom15
05-18-2009, 03:08 PM
1. Fireworks at MK
2. Illuminations and the song they play when it's over.
3. The castle lighting at christmas time.

sassafras
05-18-2009, 03:12 PM
The flag ceremony late in the afternoon at the MK, honoring the Veteran of the Day. It really gets to me!

Ksmith75
05-18-2009, 03:13 PM
The opening show at the MK...dont know why, but when that train comes - with all the characters.....also the pre-show at the AK - last year - this year I kept composure.....

It is just such a happy place - it is so heartwarming.

Also - the drive back to the airport - the plane ride and when we start our descent into cloudy, rainy, ugly Pittsburgh! That can make anyone cry.

EeyoresBestFriend
05-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Watching the Fireworks at MK cuddling with my DH and I take a deep breath and just let the Disney atmosphere fill my soul . . . I can't help feeling that I am sooo lucky, and yes blessed, to be there and 'living that dream.'

I want it to last forever . . .and get stupidly emotional about it!! :blush:

As my DH likes to say " there are moments in life when everything stands still because they are so amazing ~ this is one" :cloud9:

snuggs30
05-18-2009, 03:56 PM
:crying:Nemo show
Looking back at Mission Space and wishing Horizons was still there!!;)
Wishes
And the big one is leaving the MK at the end of the trip and getting on the boat to go back to the cabins at Fort Wilderness. I do this in the dark so know one can see me crying so bad:blush::sadwave:

Mendelson
05-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Tallying the bill at the end.

KatrinaJ91
05-18-2009, 04:39 PM
and I thought I was the only one!!!

Reading these posts make me tear up! :crying:

I get all emotional when I walk into MK and start down Main Street. It's all the excitement, the memories and just watching other people being happy.
Of course, I get teary watching WDW commercials too! :blush:

It's just something in my heart that I can't explain. It is one of the most special places in the world for me. I will forever be a Disney Freak! (and proud of it!!) :mickey:

Kisobel
05-18-2009, 04:49 PM
opening ceremony at MK and Wishes.

kate

laprana
05-18-2009, 04:54 PM
What a great thread! :thumbsup:

I always tear up when:

1) Walking into MK for the first time of our trip and seeing the castle.
2) Watching Wishes and Illuminations.
3) Our first character meal of the trip when the character come around (not sure why, though! :blush:)
4) Packing the night before we leave
5) Leaving!!

Cinderella's mom
05-18-2009, 05:03 PM
The first time we took our oldest to WDW and seeing Disney through her eyes is one that I will never forget! I can tear up just thinking about that!!! Anything Disney, I get emotional about!!! LOL! My DH says I have it bad!:mickey:

Auroring Good Time
05-18-2009, 05:07 PM
Wishes
Magic Kingdom when they sing "I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street USA". I feel like I've arrived.
Seeing the little kids dressed up after BBB. They look so happy.
Leaving:sad:

Tinkerbelly84
05-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Illuminations and wishes always make me cry!

ThanxForNoticin
05-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Walking down Mainstreet for the first time on each trip, especially when it's decorated for Christmas and the holidays.

The end of the American Adventure.

The Candlelight Processional.

These are all just amazing and special experiences, every time....

biodtl
05-18-2009, 08:17 PM
It would be easier to say what doesn't make me cry. I get teary over:
landing in orlando
seeing the movie on ME]
driving onto property
checking in
driving through MK gates
walking onto Main Street
parades
fireworks
shows
rides
and so on and so on...

BMan62
05-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Leaving each night!

alaMode
05-18-2009, 09:00 PM
I wasn't a big Disney fan until I got to experience WDW with my DS. He has cerebral palsy and I am always amazed and overwhelmed by the care and respect shown to him by CMs, characters, bus drivers, and other guests.

I specifically remember a CM in Woody's Cowboy Camp who very gently navigated my son through all the dances. My son was over the moon! I could barely see thru the camera lens for all my tears of happiness and gratitude.

Occasionally when he meets a character, the character will take time to give us a hug or a pat on the back. That means a lot to me because we focus so much on our son and his enjoyment--it's nice to be acknowledged every once in a while.

Last trip it was just the two of us and I was a liitle concerned about how we would manage without DH. I shouldn't have worried...people went way out of their way to assist us at every turn. I was teary-eyed on a daily basis throughout our trip!

WDW is truly a magical place for my family--for one week out of every year we have no worries or concerns and everything is so easy...no doubt I'll be teary-eyed at WDW for many years to come!

Tess
poly07
poly08
pop09
pop Christmas 09--can't wait to experience the holiday season at WDW with DS and DH!

disneyboundagain
05-18-2009, 10:37 PM
It's just something in my heart that I can't explain. It is one of the most special places in the world for me. I will forever be a Disney Freak! (and proud of it!!) :mickey:

Amen, I couldn't have said it better.

I wasn't a big Disney fan until I got to experience WDW with my DS. He has cerebral palsy and I am always amazed and overwhelmed by the care and respect shown to him by CMs, characters, bus drivers, and other guests.

I specifically remember a CM in Woody's Cowboy Camp who very gently navigated my son through all the dances. My son was over the moon! I could barely see thru the camera lens for all my tears of happiness and gratitude.

Occasionally when he meets a character, the character will take time to give us a hug or a pat on the back. That means a lot to me because we focus so much on our son and his enjoyment--it's nice to be acknowledged every once in a while.

Last trip it was just the two of us and I was a liitle concerned about how we would manage without DH. I shouldn't have worried...people went way out of their way to assist us at every turn. I was teary-eyed on a daily basis throughout our trip!

WDW is truly a magical place for my family--for one week out of every year we have no worries or concerns and everything is so easy...no doubt I'll be teary-eyed at WDW for many years to come!

WOW, that's pretty heavy. Absolutely amazing!

Just a few of the things that make me tear up:
Illuminations
Wishes
Watching and listening to MK from our balcony
Seeing DS3 and DD5 and awe in their eyes

I have it sooo bad, I can think about DW just about anytime and tear up, no matter where I am or what I am doing!

RAIDER
05-19-2009, 03:48 AM
Its more of a lump in me throat ...
Its looking back at Main Street as i am leaving the park and knowing i wont be seeing WDW for another year the ferry on the way back from MK leaves me sad as well :beer:

JenniferS.
05-19-2009, 06:58 AM
Wishes gets me.

Mousemates
05-19-2009, 08:20 AM
Mrs Mousemates tears up at every showing of wishes

akaDisneyDreamer
05-19-2009, 09:06 AM
When the Magic Express pulls up to the airport and plays "now it's time to say goodbye ..." :(

Belle619
05-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Hearing "When you wish upon a star" at MK. I never went to Disney growing up because my parents couldn't afford it, so I used to wish I'd someday be able to go. It just reminds me that dream came true and before you know it, I'm all teary eyed :mickey:!

Emme&TeddysMommy
05-19-2009, 09:19 AM
my goodness reading these wonderful post are making me get all teary eyed

MickeyMousse
05-19-2009, 09:50 AM
What makes me teary??
-The Peter Pan part of Philarmagic
-pretty much everything on our last day there!
-exiting the Disney gates....my DS's always look back and wave and say "see you soon!"

-The music to the old Epcot Tapestry of Nations parade.....

buzznwoodysmom
05-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Wow, just reading all these posts gets me teary eyed. At WDW a lot gets me teary eyed, but here are the ones that stand out.

Wishes, especially when they play "When you wish upon a star".

The preshow Kodak ( I think) commercial played before HISTA.

The lion king show at AK. For some reason when I am watching that show I always think of how fortunate we are to be able to continue taking our family to this wonderful place.

Belle--86
05-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Seeing the castle when we first get to the park-- so HAPPY to be back. Kids expresions at all the Magic they see around and how lucky my family is part of this. Of course i cry when we leave the parks---and every time I pick up a scrapbook or photoalbum after our trips-- just so many memories.:)

joonyer
05-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Wishes does it every time. Especially when "When you Wish upon a Star" is playing.

It reminds me of watching the opening/closing credits to Wonderful World of Disney (Tinkerbell splashing the Castle in fireworks) when I was a kid and dreamed of the magic and visiting DisneyLand. Never got to DL, but I love WDW and actually being able to experience the Magic.

Princess'Mom
05-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Fantastic thread!

Many of my teary eyed moments were many of my DD firsts at WDW.

First time she walked down Main Street toward the castle.

First time she ran to Mickey and gave him a hug even though she was afraid of all other "big head" characters.

First time she went on Goofy's Barnstormer and discovered she was a speed fanatic. Now I can't get her off of Splash Mountain or BTMRR!

Ahh, good times!

AdventurerKim
05-19-2009, 03:37 PM
The American Adventure show always makes me teary, no matter how many times I see it.

Giselle
05-19-2009, 04:01 PM
Ariel singing in the show at HS. She was great last time I was there.

dreamfinder55
05-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Watching my daughter's reaction when her eyes see Cinderella Castle.

Imagineer1981
05-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Walking through the old animation building always gets me, only because its gone!!!

Also "one man's dream"

Hull-onian
05-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Illuminations, every time.:thumbsup:

handmaidenofprincesses
05-19-2009, 06:59 PM
-Seeing the Castle for the first time of the trip, as we round that first bend from the entrance onto Main Street USA.
-Riding IASW (It was my grandfather's favorite, and it reminds me of him).
-Wishes! every time, without fail. Even the CD makes me teary eyed!!
-Listening to the Voices of Liberty and the end of the American Adventure
-Getting the Magical Express notice on the door.
-Having to leave!!!

You now it's funny, I never ever cry outside of WDW!!

Kathy Jetson
05-19-2009, 07:07 PM
In 2007 we were in line for jiminey crickett and there was a handicapped boy in front of us. jiminey spent so much time with him hugging and cuddling him it seemed like everyone just got real quite and watched. I was glad I had my sunglasses on so no one could see me crying. its making me cry now. Also reading intercot . Arriving at wdw. Leaving wdw I had to chase my ds5 around the hotel lobby with him yelling and crying that he was staying there .

Sylvia
05-19-2009, 09:15 PM
There are soooooo many . . . where do I start?:mickey:

Seeing the Castle as my resort bus gets closer and closer to the MK - I get teary every time. Same thing happens every time I see Spaceship Earth from the bus.
Wishes
Spectromagic
Every time I hear "When you wish upon a star"
Peter Pan's Flight
Walking along Main Street toward the Castle
Seeing all the characters, but especially, Cinderella, Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy.
Remembering many happy Disney experiences during 45 plus WDW vacations.
The American Adventure
One Man's Dream

Actually, the more I think about it, I spend a lot of each vacation with teary eyes - the magic really gets to me. But I think It's really the pixie dust that gets in my eyes. :blush:

There are many things that have happened during our various trips; when I relive some of those memories, I always get teary-eyed. Several are:

Every time I see Dopey I think of Mom. Dopey was her all-time favorite and she was always thrilled when she saw him.

Seeing Chip and Dale and remembering the time they played "Squeeze the Lemon" with my Mother as the lemon. She was in her wheelchair, Chip sat on one armrest and Dale sat on the other and squeezed.

Remembering the little girl we saw on Mickey Avenue a few years ago. Eeyore was sitting against the wall and, in this little girl's eyes (she looked like she was about 3-4 yrs old) he was sad. She went over to him, put her arms around his neck and told him not to be sad because she loved him. Even now, I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

barnaby
05-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Great thread.

I am a guy so I am not allowed to cry, or at least not allowed to admit it. :)
But I will lapse this one time..

Last trip my son asked me during Wishes what I would would wish for. I said through a few tears that it would be right now being there with my family.

tink179
05-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Well, I will start off by saying this darn post for one! It's bringing back sooo many memories! Here are mine tear jerkers!

1. Wishes
2. FOTLK
3. My kids at the BBB
4. Whenever they meet their favorite characters
5. The day we leave!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Marilyn Michetti
05-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Hearing "America, Spread Your Golden Dreams" at the American pavilion.

Seeing the "snow" at the Candlelight Processional. (Not sure if they still do it).:snowball:

The Flag Retreat on Main. St.:flag:

I just plain LOVE Disney.:thumbsup:

akaDisneyDreamer
05-20-2009, 09:49 AM
When leaving on the Magic Express, as you pull into the airport and on the bus video, they beging playing "now it's time to say goodbye ..." :(

indytraveler
05-20-2009, 11:19 AM
-Wishes
-leaving last day and getting last look at Cinderella's Castle not knowing when the next time we'll meet
-Peter Pan's Flight (off we go to Neverland...)

Septbride2002
05-20-2009, 11:44 AM
Anything that gets my daughter to have that "WOW!" look on her face. Heck I get teary eyed thinking about the times she's gotten that look on her face. The 2nd trip to Disney she knew what Cinderella's Castle was and she just went crazy when she saw it and Mommy cried.:drama:

The other thing that gets me every time is "We'll go on, through the joy and through the tears."

~Amanda

slegrant
05-20-2009, 11:49 AM
When it's our last evening and we are leaving the Magic Kingdom on a boat back to Fort Wilderness and all three of my boys (15,13,8) wave to the Magic Kingdom as the boat pulls away and say bye Disney World. This makes me and my wife tear up and we usually end up extending our trip another day becasue of how special it is to be at the Happiest Place on Earth with your family.:mickey:

It'sWDW4me
05-20-2009, 01:11 PM
3. Watching the WDW planning video:blush:

Glad I'm not the only one!

Wishes gets me every time as does leaving MK for the last time every trip. Let's not even discuss the first night at home! :(

artyboy
05-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Wishes.

Watching little ones hug a character.

Leaving.

danimator
05-20-2009, 02:41 PM
What makes me teary??
-The Peter Pan part of Philarmagic
-pretty much everything on our last day there!
-exiting the Disney gates....my DS's always look back and wave and say "see you soon!"

-The music to the old Epcot Tapestry of Nations parade.....

Oh man, me too. When the clock chimes start, I just lose it. Such a beautiful moment from a beautiful show.

Meteora
05-20-2009, 07:16 PM
Oh gosh, as others have said, what doesn't make me cry?

Fantasmic makes me cry every single time. Even just watching it on youtube makes me cry...and always at the same part, at the very end when Mickey appears on top of the mountain and the music swells. I just love that score. I love Illuminations and Wishes also, but don't have the same overwhelming reactions to them every time I go.

The Finding Nemo musical also makes me sob. The first time I saw it I literally cried almost the entire time, but at this point I can contain myself to just a few songs.

And while this may not count, I cry at the end of almost every Disney movie, with Beauty and the Beast and the Little Mermaid being sure cryfests every time.

the other micki
05-20-2009, 09:09 PM
The drum and fife corps at the American Pavillion.

When Nemo sings, "That's my dad!"

When my DS 6 lost his "special" Pluto hat at MK. :(

Anytime I know an extra-precious memory is being made.

egospotter
05-20-2009, 10:29 PM
The first time I see Mickey every trip, I cry. The last few years it has been at the opening show at Animal Kingdom. I'm fine, excited, but fine when Minnie is chatting with Goofy... but when Mickey rises up from in front of the Tree of Life. I get all choked up.

This year our first glimpse will probably be at Fantasmic, we'll see if I can keep it together.

Also when I see Spaceship Earth and Cindy's Castle.

Of course I'm a blubbering idiot and cry during the weeks leading up to Disney World while playing Disney music in my car on the way home from work - especially The Lion King Broadway CD. Oh and when I watch the fee DVD they send every year.

Makes me sound like a cry-baby :D

mjm12000
05-21-2009, 11:26 AM
Oddly enough as I have no children, nor do I want to have children nor am I normally a big fan of children... I have to say seeing any childs reaction when they see their favorite character for the first time makes me cry, you can actually see the faith in the imagined written all over their face it melts my heart everytime and they are just strangers kids... I always hope their parents see and remember those moments

marlaine
05-21-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm really sentimental--especially when it comes to my DS5.
I always cry (like embarrasing projectile tears) when Tinkerbell flies by before the fireworks! I always cry the first time we walk down mainstreet at MK. The first time we were there when my son was 2, I cried everytime a character came around him.
I cry everytime my son gets up to dance or be part of the parade at character meals.
I just cry the whole time we're there!
I consider myself so fortunate that me my DH and my DS get to experience everything together. That's the best part of everything!:cloud9:

elmjimmlm
05-21-2009, 03:00 PM
I actually get a little teary when Aladdin flies in on his carpet during Mickey Philharmagic...
I also do at the beginning of Festival of the Lion King...
The music of Fantasmic...
Don't get me wrong though, I really don't cry the whole time I am there...
Did I forget to mention a little lump in my throat when we pass the sign across the road?:blush:

i'm grumpy
05-22-2009, 12:01 AM
Leaving. :(

Rhetoric2000
05-22-2009, 03:51 AM
- The rendition of Circle of Life to Natrual Footage at the beginning of the Circle of Life Movie.

- The smell of Orlando International Airport.

- Being in Port Orleans French Quarter, where we spent many trips in the early 90s but have very rarely visited since.

- Doing anything which I suddenly realise I haven't done since I was there as a child.

goofygirl67
05-25-2009, 05:36 PM
1. Wishes
2. The last song in America at EPCOT.

Tink#64
05-26-2009, 11:44 PM
1) IllumiNations
2) Wishes
3) The opening ceremony at MK
4) Approaching the signs for both WDW & MK
5) Walking out onto the resort property, especially around the Hippy Dippy Pool, after checking in at Pop! We're home! :cloud9:

4ubie1
05-27-2009, 10:32 AM
I definitely get alil :sob: when I look down Main Street and see the Castle in the background. I could sit right there and be :cloud9: for the rest of my days!

ojeilatan
05-27-2009, 12:30 PM
The opening show at the MK...dont know why, but when that train comes - with all the characters.....also the pre-show at the AK - last year - this year I kept composure.....

It is just such a happy place - it is so heartwarming.

Also - the drive back to the airport - the plane ride and when we start our descent into cloudy, rainy, ugly Pittsburgh! That can make anyone cry.

We are doing preshows at MK and AK this year for the first time....and I get the feeling they'll get to me too!

And totally agree about the plane ride back. When we descend into denver you can just feel the moisture of FL go right out of the air!:(

Pamelia Perkins
05-27-2009, 02:11 PM
During our final day traditional lunch at Downtown Disney
Anytime I hear the finale music to Illuminations
Watching American Adventure with my hero b-in-law before he went to Iraq (he comes home for good in July!!, guess where we're going to celebrate?)
Almost anything sung by the Voices of Liberty, but especially Back Home in Indiana, National Anthem and God Bless America
Magical Express bus ride, mostly because it means I'm either arriving or leaving
Many many more...

mattandmandy
05-28-2009, 03:50 PM
1. Wishes
2. Seeing the castle light up for the first time in icicle lights at Christmas time.

and the most memorable that makes me teary is the time we saw CM's in front of Main St. USA with a jump rope for the kids.... There was a little girl in a wheel chair and they took her chair and wheeled it back and forth over the rope. The little girls face was priceless, she was SO happy!

luvmyboys4ever
05-28-2009, 06:37 PM
My DH teared up when our youngest met his favorite character(Stitch)...and that made me tear up.:heart:

stitchaholic
05-28-2009, 06:58 PM
the main street parade... brings back so many memories of childhood and innocence,the pure magic of watching the characters going down mainstreet toward the castle all to disney clasic music,always brings tears of pure,raw emotion.
my kids think i am crazy,little do they know that when they are a mom or dad,they will feel the same emotions and memories.

motherof4
05-28-2009, 08:19 PM
The thing that gets me teary eyed is when they are opening mk and all the characters are on the train I love to see the look on my kids faces.I have 84 more days to go I can't wait to go to MK again that is my favorite park

hokies4life
05-29-2009, 07:41 AM
Definitely Wishes everytime. I love the soundtrack and the one moment I will not forget from our last trip was watching it right next to the area they rope off between the Carousel and Philharmagic. When those fireworks went off right over my head I thought I was just going to completely lose it.

The ending of the American Adventure

I know there's more too, but I can't think of them right now...I'm pretty sure I'll be having tears of joy when DFiance and I drive onto property for our first stay together on property =)

:chipdale:

Magic Smiles
05-29-2009, 07:57 AM
Before I read this thread......
First arriving at WDW:yay:
Having to leave WDW :sadwave: :crying:
Wishes

Seeing my credit card bill after the trip :cart: Just kidding on this one.

Daddy Mouse
05-30-2009, 09:55 PM
Seeing the castle on our last night there. DW always weeps.

I get choked up when I see little ones and their parents share a magical moment. I remember those moments with our children.

SandmanGStefani24
05-30-2009, 10:56 PM
of course I have a lot of the same answers, but I also have one I've never seen before.

For me, when I start to pack the day I go back home, when I do that last check to make sure I haven't forgotten anything is when it hits me. That last look at the room before I turn to go is the hardest. You always have that feeling of wanting to stay, but you know you can't keep the real world away for too long. :(

twink61
05-31-2009, 11:54 AM
Definitely, Wishes.

hubbyofadisneyholic
05-31-2009, 12:20 PM
1.) Fireworks @ MK whatever the name at the time - when my daughter was little I always held her, now that she in college we hug at the end.

2.) Flag Retreat Ceremony - especially seeing the elderly veterans, reminds me how proud my father was to have served in the Marines.

3. Photo montage at the end of American Adventure. I remember when people really did get polio, so the picture of Dr. Jonas Salk always brings a tear to my eye.

EPCOT84
05-31-2009, 08:55 PM
Hearing "America, Spread Your Golden Dreams" at the American pavilion.

That's the one for me :flag:

Also..

... seeing Spaceship Earth around the bend as the bus approaches for the first time on the trip

... hearing "When you wish upon a star":cloud9:

... riding "Its a Small World" and remembering when I was a kid riding it over and over

... The first firework burst at Illuminations or Wishes:fworks:

... seeing Mickey :smickey:

Wrigley
05-31-2009, 09:11 PM
There are several instances that get me choked up while at the World-but I know for sure the biggest is going to be on our next trip-when we walk into MK for the first time with our DD. This will be her first trip, with many more to come:) I already get all teary eyed just thinking of it!

Bellerella
06-01-2009, 12:03 PM
On the magical express when Mickey and friends sing "Now it's time to say goodbye..." and you feel all depressed because you're leaving, but all fuzzy inside because Mickey says he likes you!! :mickey:

minnie04
06-03-2009, 09:10 AM
To sum it up in one word "leaving":(

Patti
06-06-2009, 07:21 PM
The flag ceremony late in the afternoon at the MK, honoring the Veteran of the Day. It really gets to me!

Me too! :yes:

My DH is a Veteran and DS is in the Marine Corps.

mickeyfan2001
06-07-2009, 04:44 AM
Definitely Wishes. This gets me every time. I'm sure it will really get to me when we go in 21days. This will be my first trip with my Dad in 15 years. What makes it the worst is my Mom passed away 4 weeks ago. We need to leave the real world behind for a bit. I want to see my Dad and my 8 year old son smile again.

Tigger&Stitch
06-07-2009, 05:15 AM
-The one that forever sticks in my mind was a small girl and her family who were honorary parade marshals for the the evening. The girl was very small and had lost all her hair. She had been to BBB that day, and was dressed as Cinderella. Despite her obvious illness, she was she estatic and happy, waving and calling out to everyone. The back of her car had a banner with her name and the Make a Wish Foundation's logo. She was the most beautiful little girl and I just broke down. She was just the true symbol of what Disney means, and I was so happy she had her dream come true. I think of her often when I have a bad day still.

Remembering the little girl we saw on Mickey Avenue a few years ago. Eeyore was sitting against the wall and, in this little girl's eyes (she looked like she was about 3-4 yrs old) he was sad. She went over to him, put her arms around his neck and told him not to be sad because she loved him. Even now, I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

Well, these stories made me tear up, for a start! :mickey:

I'm always sad to leave, but I cried the most at the end of our honeymoon while sitting in the WL lobby. We'd had such a wonderful time..

I also teared up a bit last year during the Keys to the Kingdom tour, when they told the story of when Walt's brother opened WDW.

VolMickey
06-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Gotta be two things for me.

First, seeing my DD light-up over the years with her favorite characters. You truly are only young once and I wish I could have known what she was thinking each time.

Second, the playing of "When You Wish Upon a Star" at the close of the MK. I'm a big softie, and that one is a combination of goose-bumps and watery eyes.

As a P.S., I'll add that I saw Tinker Bell fly from the castle for the first time last summer -- after many, many trips WDW, I had never seen it before. I know it's some girl in a costume shooting down a wire, but I was giddy as a school girl. What a great way to wrap-up the day. That and Wishes afterward.

crltkcagle
06-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Saying goodbye to all the magic and having to go home:(

imaprincess!
06-07-2009, 11:48 PM
1. Seeing Main Street U.S.A. lying ahead of me
2. Riding Peter Pan's Flight and hearing "You Can Fly!" play
3. Hearing "When You Wish Upon A Star"
4. Riding "Soarin" - It's just so beautiful!
5. Leaving

DigitalDaredevil
06-15-2009, 05:55 AM
The first steps down Main Street
Parts of Fantasmic.
The Lion King in Mickey's Philharmagic
Looking at Mission Space and wondering where my Horizons is.
The last ride of the trip in SE.
Walking out of the entrance plaza of Epcot and hearing the music.
The last day of the trip.

patandtwins
06-15-2009, 10:02 PM
When I get my first glimpses of the castle, the big hat, the Epcot sphere and the Tree of Life.

Seeing all the wee tots dressed in costumes. My kids are past that age.

Seeing the wee tots with the characters and listening to what they say to them and their parents. Again, my kids are past that.:(

CzepielCrew
06-16-2009, 08:20 AM
Wishes!
Watching the fireworks over the castle gets me, I don't know why. I look forward to it when I go. I also have gotten teary eyed during Fantasmic.

Belle_0717
06-16-2009, 08:25 AM
Wishes - for sure. I think about the first time DH (then DBF) and I saw them together - it was like Jiminy was talking to us.

The day we leave on the DME bus to the airport. You think about how much fun you had and how much you are going to miss it. You know you will come back but it always feels like an eternity.

When DH & I go just the two of us, how much out DNephew would love this attraction or that restaurant. It's not the same trip without a child in toe.

Simba's Mom
06-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Am I the only one who gets a lump in my throat and tears up at High School Bands marching in the parks? Years ago I was a band parent/chaperone and I knew how excited DS's band could get. So now anytime I see a high school band performing I tear up and smile. I know that people around me have mistaken me for a parent of one of the kids marching, but they've never been anyone I know.

VolMickey
06-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Am I the only one who gets a lump in my throat and tears up at High School Bands marching in the parks?

Good point. My DW and I marched in one the Tencennial parades way back in 1981(?). I still remember the song. It was cool... :cool:

jnfr2424
06-18-2009, 02:43 PM
So glad I have my Intercot family to share these type of things with:

Seeing the Castle lit up in the evening
especially during the holiday season :cry:

Hearing "When you wish Upon a Star"

walking out of any park

Seeing and Hearing Golden Wings at American Adventure

hearing the "have a safe trip home" message on the monorail

Gator
06-19-2009, 12:45 AM
Liberty Voices doing Christmas music. That's the only thing that's ever moved me enough to get glassy eyed.

Lakin
06-19-2009, 01:41 AM
This 13 year old suddenly has the tantrum of a 5 year old when she figures out that it's time to leave.

clou1028
06-19-2009, 05:17 AM
The SpectroMagic music and parade. I just put my Music from the Park CD on yesterday and listened to SpectroMagic. I adore it!

LoriMistress
06-20-2009, 06:28 PM
Oh man, there's a huge list:

Seeing the enterance of MK.
Walking through MS:USA and seeing CC.
Hearing the music for Snow White during Fantasmic, "Someday my Price Will Come...."
Seeing any firework show at WDW.
Meeting Donald Duck.
Seeing a child get excited being in the parks.
Our last night in WDW. I hate saying goodbye.

There are tons more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

dreamscometrue
06-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Wishes every time, and for some reason, especially during the Beauty and the Beast part..
My 80 year old mom meeting Donald Duck for the first time..
My 19 yr old daughter meeting Sully... She turned and said "OMG..It's Kitty!" Everyone in line laughed, but I cried as Sully just smothered her.
Otherwise, I cry all day long, I'm so happy!

omearac
06-21-2009, 10:19 PM
when the little girl sings during wishes and the song ''We Go On'' after illuminations:(

jakeybake
06-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Illuminations, every single time I see it.

Lakin
06-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Am I the only one who gets a lump in my throat and tears up at High School Bands marching in the parks?

Nah, I don't tear up. I smile a little bit knowing that they got the honor to play at such a wonderful place, but I don't cry.

disneyworld55925592
06-22-2009, 03:47 PM
1. of course the magic kingdom openning ceremony
2. the fireworks on any of the parks
3. watching a small girls smile when they get into magic kingdom and see cinderellas castle