PDA

View Full Version : Boma at AKL

Gregandmel
05-18-2009, 02:07 PM
We are thinking about trying Boma's on our next trip to WDW next Spring. Is it like O'Hana's where they serve it up "family style", or is it more like a buffet where you go through the line and just go back for more when you are ready? Thanks!

LandFan
05-18-2009, 02:12 PM
It is a buffet - but a one-of-a-kind buffet! Definitely worth it. There is something for everyone on this buffet. We have eaten there many, many times and have never been disappointed!

It's actually kind of fun to go up and get stuff at this buffet because it is like an open kitchen and a lot of the chefs are right there.

JPL
05-18-2009, 02:14 PM
It's a tradition style buffet.

pox24
05-18-2009, 02:14 PM
It is a walk around buffet with I think the most diverse a flavorful selections of any buffet at WDW. My wife would disagree, she thinks 1900 Park Fare is better. More tradional selections I guess. Anyway, the African food and flavors make it a great experience. Going back over and over is a treat too.:thumbsup:

Zawadi
05-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Buffet with an African twist.

The food is really nice and the menus are changed 3 times a week. The carrot & ginger soup is delighful (so much so that our server gave us a copy of the recipe!) as are the zebradome desserts.

SBETigg
05-18-2009, 03:31 PM
It's a buffet made up of stations. So, for instance, if you want soup, you can go right for the soup station instead of waiting through a crowd at the carved meat area, etc. It's very user friendly, so many amazing dishes that you'll probably never have room to try them all and you'll need a second visit on a future trip. :)

Daddy Mouse
05-18-2009, 08:25 PM
We tried Boma the last time we were there. It was very good and I enjoed the different flavors of the food. We liked it so much we are going back for our next trip.

Belle619
05-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Boma is a fantastic buffet - it is traditional in nature, however the food selections are anything but traditional! It was wonderful to try so many new food items, while at the same time there were plenty of selections for those who may not want to try something different.

I went there for the first time in February, and I'm planning on going back in September. The other post is right - carrot & ginger soup is REALLY good! :tasty:

wire0monkey
05-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Boma is a buffet.

It's not what you expect from a buffet, though, and the food is awesome. It's our favorite restaurant at WDW.

PiratesCove
05-19-2009, 12:20 PM
It's a great buffet! I truly enjoyed it, I would go back this trip (12 days to go!) but have more places that I want to try before I go back.

Enjoy!!

ElenitaB
05-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Just wanted to pipe in to say that it's a buffet: twice each day (breakfast and dinner). It's probably one of our favorite places to eat breakfast at WDW.

joonyer
05-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Love Boma, and especially the flame broiled zebra flank steak.

(just kidding about the zebra, I'm sure it's just water buffalo :D)

jszczur5
05-19-2009, 02:58 PM
We tried Boma last year, and were not impressed. Our server never refilled our drinks until he brought the bill. Let me tell you, some of the food is quite spicy, and we needed drinks within minutes - not a whole 45 minutes later.
We had also overdone the day, having spent the whole morning and afternoon at MK (walked on to everything) before heading over to AK for 3 hours of EME. It was so hot, and we so needed more liquids. If memory serves, 2 out of the 4 of us were only drinking water, and the other 2 were drinking soda or iced tea - so it shouldn't have been a big deal to get refills. We also had to stack our own plates, as they did not get cleared until the cheque was brought. I begrudgingly left a $5 tip; the least amount amount I have ever left at a Disney TS meal - and that was about $4.99 too much!!
We are definitely going to give Boma another shot this year, but this time we'll be sure to ask for a pitcher of water to be brought in addition to whatever else we order.