PDA

View Full Version : Things heard inthe park.

Ksmith75
05-18-2009, 01:00 PM
We got back from WDW in the beginning of May and wanted to share a few things we overheard in the parks/resorts:

This was the cutest - could have been a commerical -
"Do you know what my dream is mom, to live here forever." - that was said by a boy, about 7 years old - to his mom - while in the Beach Club Lobby.

Odd - and memorable -
"Is this a garbage can?" - A lady about 25-30 years of age ask of me while waiting for the MK to open. It was obviousley a garbage can - and she reached all the way around to throw stuff away - even though she could have used the flap right infront of her.

and two common comments - "Go Steelers" and "How about those Pens". It is great when you represent your area/favorite team - you meets all sorts of people....

Imagineer1981
05-19-2009, 04:57 PM
I agree with the team support. I used to give Fast Passes to anyone with Cardinals, Blues, or Rams apparel when I worked there!!!

Giggy
05-19-2009, 06:59 PM
The team thing doesn't work so well for me. When your team is a soccer team in the 6th tier of the English league system you're normally in the minority at WDW. Didn't stop me wearing my AFC Telford United hat though when we went in 2004 and we were in the 8th tier then. :mickey:

#1donaldfan
05-20-2009, 12:14 PM
GO STEELERS !!!!! :thumbsup:

Daddy Mouse
05-20-2009, 12:52 PM
The team thing doesn't work so well for me. When your team is a soccer team in the 6th tier of the English league system you're normally in the minority at WDW. Didn't stop me wearing my AFC Telford United hat though when we went in 2004 and we were in the 8th tier then. :mickey:

:D:DAll Lion's fans feel your pain

barbiegirl314
05-21-2009, 12:15 PM
When we were there a couple of weeks ago we went into Mickey's Philarmagic. After the show DS 3 kept asking why Donald was coming out of his eye. This was asked while he would squint one eye and point to the other.

Since we've been home he's commented on that a few times.

PixieMagic
05-21-2009, 07:57 PM
:D:DAll Lion's fans feel your pain

Ha ha ha ha! So true and made me laugh SO---> hard!!!:D

tjstrike
05-22-2009, 03:57 AM
" I didn't realize they could squeeze so many people in here !! " I said to myself several times during spring break. (Yes,we talk quite a bit....LOL)

ransam
05-22-2009, 11:20 PM
"and two common comments - "Go Steelers" and "How about those Pens". It is great when you represent your area/favorite team - you meets all sorts of people...."

yea, we always wear our team colors in the park adn get great comments...some good, some not so good!

disneymom2000
05-23-2009, 09:52 PM
The cutest thing I think I have ever heard was:
a little girl about 3 I think, the first time I ever went over to the country tent in Toontown, she was waiting to see Mickey and she looked at her mom and said "I think I'm just going to faint". I laughed so hard.:rotfl:

prttynpnk
05-24-2009, 07:11 AM
My husband would greet you, but only to tell you the 'Spurs are better! :cool:

goofygirl67
05-25-2009, 05:43 PM
I know everyone has seen the giant balls that are in EPCOT and AK that CM's are playing with. This little boy wanted one and jumped out of his stroller. His dad said he couldn't have one right now because they only sell them to people when they are leaving the park.

wire0monkey
05-25-2009, 06:26 PM
When the doors opened to let us into American Adventure, every one started trooping in. It was one solid mass of people moving in the same direction.

The guy in front of us starts saying "Mooooooo. Moooooo. Mooooooo."

My husband then says: "I just hope they don't have a guy with a sledge hammer at the top of these stairs."

JabberJaws
05-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Yeah it is amazing how you can always find team support (or team criticism) while at the parks. I am a big University of South Carolina Gamecocks fan, so when I am in the parks I am usually sporting a SC hat. 99% of the time I will get either a "GO GAMECOCKS" from a supportive SC fan, or a "GO TIGERS" from a fan of our rival, the :thedolls:Clemson Tigers.:thedolls:

On a different note, back when I worked at DHS (then known as MGM) in 2002, I had a fairly confused young woman approach me and ask "Is this the park that has the backlot ride where the big shark attacks the tram?"

I kindly told her that "No, that is that "other" park several miles down I-4."

:D