PDA

View Full Version : Best table services in Boardwalk area ?

ramftbl
05-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Hello All !
My waitlist request for Boardwalk Villas in October surprisingly just came through !!! We had planned a Kidani Village vacation, so now we need to rethink our dinner plans. Can someone give me thier favorite 3 Table service choices ( on the Dining plan ) in the Boardwalk region ( Yacht Club And Beach Club included ). Thanks to all who respond !!!

Drachengeist
05-18-2009, 12:05 PM
I would put my vote in for the big river grill.
They dont take ADR and when the place is packed the atmosphere can be closer to truckstop than fine dining. But excelent food and beer. Even though the waitstaff seems to be assigned a rediculous number of tables (we ate there twice and saw the same thing both times) they were prompt, courteous and did their jobs with flair. The only other place in the boardwalk area that we ate was a quick sandwich at the ESPN Zone. (ruben's are yummy) so not much additional help.

fupresti
05-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Captains Grille at the Yacht Club was quite good when I was there in December. I am planning on returning in Sep/Oct when I go back for free dining.

Checkers
05-18-2009, 02:04 PM
:mickey:Yachtsman Steakhouse (YC), Flying Fish, Cape May Cafe (buffet), Captain's Grille (YC) and Spoodles. The Yachtsman & Flying Fish are 2TS restaurants. For us, Big River Grille has been hit and miss but I think any restaurant can have off days. There are some good restaurants in the Swan/Dolphin as well and they are within easy walking distance.

BMan62
05-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Flying Fish is very good (2 TS credits on DP; ) Spoodles was OK (1 TS credit) but will be replaced by Cat Cora's Kouzzina by the time you visit; Big River Grille is more casual eating and beer tasting. Those are the only places actually on, or around, the Boardwalk that we have eaten.

Understand, as well, that the World Showcase restaurants are only minutes by foot, or boat, from the Boardwalk.

ElenitaB
05-18-2009, 08:03 PM
I've had rather bad luck at the Big River Grille (luckily we were in our room anyway due to a hurricane so the experience didn't ruin our vacation).

Not totally "fine dining" but I wouldn't miss Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club. Another nice, reliable choice (and a character meal at breakfast) is Cape May, also at the Beach Club.

I'd jump at the chance to eat at Cat Cora's new place though.