PDA

View Full Version : I made our ADRs today! What do you think?

TwinniesNMeLoveWDW
05-18-2009, 09:12 AM
I feel a little closer to our trip now! Overall I had a good experience with making the ADRs. I called right at 7 and waited on hold for 30 min, then it took 25 min to make the 7 dinner reservations. The CM as usual was super friendly and chatty, and as I was expecting, she asked, "What will you be celebrating when you're here?" So I said we weren't really celebrating anything, except maybe my 10th trip to WDW, ha ha. So she told me she was listing that in my reservations! Not sure why, it's not as if they'll bring me a cake or anything to celebrate!

So here's my dining lineup, all dinners:
Sunday: check in; HDDR (cat 1 seating @ 9:30 show)
Monday: Boma
Tuesday: Coral Reef
Wednesday: Chefs de France
Thursday: Rose & Crown (7:30 and hope to view Illuminations)
Friday: Garden Grill
Saturday: 'Ohana

What do you think? R&C and Boma are completely new for us. I haven't eaten at Coral Reef in 20 years and haven't heard the greatest reviews recently, but my daughters really want to go there. GG is a tradition for us, my daughters' fav restaurant in WDW and we hit it during every trip. I'm hoping to see Remy at CdF. 'Ohana was a first for us last trip, and we loved it. And the HDDR!

Also, a quick question: We have the dining plan, and since HDDR takes 2 credits we'll need to pay OOP for one of our dinners. Which one should we not use our dining credits for? I was thinking R&C, since it seems to be the least expensive of our choices.

Thanks for your input!:minnie:

ibrowse17
05-18-2009, 09:39 AM
Looks good! We ate at Coral Reef back in July, and is was better than I had thought it was going to be. I would think Rose & Crown would be the best to pay for, but it really depends if these are all dinner times, or if you have a lunch thrown in. Lunch prices are not as much as dinner prices, so if you can, pay for the lunch on your own. Have a great trip:thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-18-2009, 10:46 AM
Looks good. Rose and Crown is probably best oop, yes. It might make more sense to go oop on HDD considering it takes two meal credits.

yjgirl32
05-18-2009, 10:59 AM
We had eaten at the Coral Reef in 2007 and if was very good. ervice wasn't too bad either. Very friendly. They all look good to me- have a great trip.

TwinniesNMeLoveWDW
05-18-2009, 11:30 AM
I thought it would be a good idea to use dining credits for HDD rather than pay oop, since it's one of the few places where gratuity and sangrias are included in the dining plan!:wine:

twinboyz
05-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Glad to hear about your positive experience with ADR's! :thumbsup:I'm making ours tomorrrow and am also reserving HHDR and Rose & Crown. I've heard good thing about it. Hope you have a great trip!

R&C--Illuminations--did the CM indiate that your ressie was a good time to be able to see illuminations while dining?:confused:

TwinniesNMeLoveWDW
05-18-2009, 03:22 PM
I actually tried to make the R&C ressie for 8pm on 8/20, so we could see Illuminations then still have Epcot open late for EMH, but the closest she could get us was 7:30. She did mention Illuminations, and said that we couldn't request any specific table to view the show, so I'm assuming 7:30 is an OK time for that. I guess we'll just start with an appetizer, slowly eat dinner, and relax over a few pints :beer: while we wait for 9pm.