PDA

View Full Version : someone make me feel better about CSR!

nkereina
05-18-2009, 12:11 AM
My boyfriend and I have a trip booked in September for a week. It will be my first trip to Disney since I was little and his first trip ever! We booked it originally at Wilderness Lodge because my boyfriend liked the looks of it best. Unfortunately, I was recently laid off from my job. Not wanting to cancel the trip, we switched our hotel from Wilderness Lodge to Coronado Springs Resort. I've been kind of bummed about it. I wanted to do it up at a deluxe resort since this will be our big vacation for a while. I also liked the location of WL better too. CSR was the only hotel available for the dates we were going with the free dining promo.

I'm not too familiar with CSR, so can anyone tell me some great things about it? Is there anything that CSR has that gives it an edge over WL? I know they might be hard to compare, but I'm just trying to get excited about it again!

Is there anyone who thinks we should cancel and re-schedule when we have more money so we can stay at WL like we originally wanted to?

THANKS! :thumbsup:

Melanie
05-18-2009, 04:04 AM
I've stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and loved it, but I also love Coronado Springs! Just my feelings, but I wouldn't postpone a trip because I had to stay at CSR. We've stayed there twice and I have another stay scheduled there for December. It is a convention hotel, so it has a few more amenities than you would find at the other Disney moderate resorts. The pool area is great - one of the best on Disney property, IMO.

The one big complaint I hear about CSR is the size. It is huge, and depending where your room is located, it can be quite a walk to either El Centro (the lobby/food court area) or the Dig Site (pool). To me, walking is just part of being at Walt Disney World, so it doesn't bother me. You can decide which you'd rather be closer to though by choosing to reserve a preferred room.

The resort tab on the tool bar above will take you to info on all the resorts. From there you can see a map of the resort and get an idea of the layout.

buzz2001
05-18-2009, 06:11 AM
We love CSR! CSR is my family favorite! I don’t know if it will work for you but pick which resort theme you like best and which resort amenities meet your family's needs. Also, check out my CSR website ( link can be found if you click on username) for updated info and pics.

Here is just some quick info on CSR.

CSR has newly renovated rooms (about half done as of 3/2009) and queen beds (only mod to offer them).

A terrific main pool area that includes a 123 ft slide (2nd largest at WDW), kiddie pool, arcade, playground, sand volleyball court, hot tub (largest on WDW property), a bar, and snack bar (very good food for CS).

Reliable transportation that is not shared with other resorts, 4 resort stops and quick rides to all the parks. CSR has the closest bus stops to the park entrances too (first stop at DHS and MK)!

Other amenities you may be looking for in a resort.

Only moderate to offer suites.

A spa, salon, tanning beds, a lap pool and fitness center (free to its guests).

Full menu room service, expensive though.

Central air, flat panel TV’s and WiFi available.

Rix Lounge – a dance club voted most trendy bar in Orlando.

A business center with computer access.

BigRedDad
05-18-2009, 07:02 AM
If you are spending a majority of your waking hours at your resort, then I would recommend WL. If you plan on spending most of your waking areas at other activities WDW has to offer, then the resort does not mean too much.

I have stayed at Value, Moderate, and Deluxe resorts. As nice as the Deluxe resorts are I enjoyed the value of the moderate and value resorts. Deluxe resorts have convenience to the parks. However, the money I would have saved going from Deluxe to Moderate, I could have had limo service to and from the parks every day and still saved money. CSR is a great resort. The main difference is the motel/hotel feel. Deluxe resorts have indoor corridors, moderate and value resorts have external corridors. I can go on 2-3 trips to a value resort for the price of a single Deluxe trip.

I would not be concerned with CSR. You are your BF will love it. Enjoy your trip and enjoy the feel of CSR.

eam
05-18-2009, 09:34 AM
:welcome: to Intercot, you will absolutely love this site. In response to your question, we have never stayed at CSR, but on our last visit we went over to check it out and were very impressed. We snacked, bought souvenirs unique to this resort and just generally soaked it all in. We definitely plan on going back. As previously stated, however, it IS big.
Don't cancel-enjoy!

cajunprincess
05-18-2009, 09:41 AM
I too have stayed in value, moderate, and deluxe resorts. Coronado Springs is by far my favorite moderate resort! The food court is wonderful, and so in the Maya Grill. We went on the free dining promotion, and we used several of our ts credits At Maya Grill. They have also started to refurbish the rooms. Not all of them are done, but the ones that have been done are FABULOUS!!! There are several quite poos, as well as several bus stops. This resort is very spread out, but enjoy the walks. It is beautiful there. Enjoy!!!!

Disney Doll
05-18-2009, 10:12 AM
I've never stayed at WL so it's hard to compare, but I love CSR. It's definitely my favorite moderate. The grounds are gorgeous! The lakeside patio, the lush landscaping, the gazillion fountains, the beautiful pool....it's just perfect! It's a moderate with more of a deluxe feel in my opinion. We frequently took walks around the resort just to enjoy the scenery. We certainly didn't mind the walking.

nkereina
05-18-2009, 10:28 AM
thank you so much for all your replies! i'm feeling much more optimistic. i think it will be a great trip!

and to the person who has the web site about CSR, i'll be checking that out! thanks!

:mickey:

SFD998
05-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Like a previous poster I have stayed at both WL and CSR and love them both for different reasons. CSR is one of my two favorite moderate level resorts ( POFQ is the other). I have stayed there two times and WL once. I have actually used CSR's food court when I wasn't staying there as a change of pace for CS meals. I am now a DVC owner so I don't get the chance to stay there anymore, but CSR was always at the top of our list when we were planning trips.

I wouldn't cancel the trip just to stay at a deluxe. Like someone else said you do more when staying at a moderate and not spending the money on a deluxe.

KatMark
05-18-2009, 12:06 PM
Personally, we've never stayed at the WL and I doubt we ever will. Don't get me wrong...it is a lovely resort. I just don't care for the theme...I'm not an outdoorsy type person, and the log cabin/outdoorsy/woods theme in Florida does not appeal at all.

We have stayed at the CSR seven times (we had trip number eight booked for September but, unfortunately, due to pay cuts for DH we've had to cancel our trip because I did not want to cut our days and I won't stay at a value).

Back to your question. We LOVE the CSR. We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary there this past September and DH even offered me the Poly and I chose to stay with our beloved CSR. We are going to miss not seeing the new queen beds/furnishings this year (they started the rehab right after we left last year), but the pictures are simply stunning. We love that the resort is spread out--it makes it feel that, even if full, that it is not crowded and rarely noisy. DH and I love taking walks in the Casitas courtyards after the sun has gone down the lights are reflecting off the fountains.

There are three quiet pools, besides the main pool with slide. Also, the largest hot tub of all the moderates (and some of the deluxes). The pool at the CSR is bigger than the pool at the WL. You have a sand volleyball court, fitness center and spa. The bus rides to any of the parks once you leave the CSR are not long at all.

I'm sure you will have a great time at the CSR.

MNNHFLTX
05-18-2009, 12:06 PM
I've stayed at Coronado Springs before and am looking forward to staying there again in December. I can honestly say it is my favorite moderate! Everyone else has already mentioned the various amenities; all I can add is that I love the landscaping and theming. Wonderful!

disneypk
05-18-2009, 12:10 PM
CSR has very good dining options and never had to worry about having a reservation. Can't say that about WL. We loved CSR, the rooms were nice, not worn at all. The place is beautiful especially at night.

c&d
05-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Definitely don't cancel your trip. Having stayed at both I think you'll really like CSR. It is the only mod with queen sized beds, has an awesome food court and nice restaurant and dedicated buses. At night you can see the fireworks from the parks.

Here's a link to some pictures I took during our trip in April. It shows the newly refurbished rooms.

http://coronadosprings2009.shutterfly.com/

ThanxForNoticin
05-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Another big thumbs-up for CSR. We really like it there a lot - our favorite moderate. The grounds, the pool, the food options, and the service have always been very good for us. Hope you have a great trip - don't cancel...!!

bostomco
05-18-2009, 01:02 PM
I'd have to agree with others. Odds are your going to be spending most of your waking hours elsewhere! Besides CSR looks awesome! I'm basically in the same boat as you (my job is looking like it'll be gone within a month or so) and we've got a trip to POR planned for the last week of september. It's nice knowing that I'll have the trip to look forward too! :blush: Besides who knows what the future will bring. By the time September rolls around you may have been working at your new fabulous job for months! Everything works out in the end!

Scar
05-18-2009, 03:19 PM
I've stayed at 8 resorts including WL and CSR. CSR had without a doubt the best bus service, by far, of any of the 8.

artyboy
05-18-2009, 03:53 PM
We've stayed at CSR 3 times...it is one of our favorite resorts.

I think that it's the most 'deluxe" of the moderates...you will love it!

KAT1811
05-18-2009, 04:17 PM
I've stayed at 8 resorts including WL and CSR. CSR had without a doubt the best bus service, by far, of any of the 8.

:ditto:

We've stayed at CSR 3 times...it is one of our favorite resorts.

I think that it's the most 'deluxe" of the moderates...you will love it!

:ditto:

We LOVE CSR! What a fabulous resort. I don't feel that it is huge. It is a large resort but not overwhelmingly so. The resort is beautiful and we love Mike's sangria! I loved the foodcourt, great options. You'll be pleasantly surprised. I think it is a hidden gem in WDW as many people steer away from it. The pools are always delightfully quiet and the bus service is the best on property I have experienced so far! Have a great trip!