PDA

View Full Version : Resort Transportation from Poly to POR

twinboyz
05-17-2009, 06:21 PM
We're making reservations this week for O'hana at Poly. I want to make them later so we can enjoy Wishes from the Beach at 10:00. Here's the thing, we're not renting a car this trip and relying solely on Disney transportation. We plan on going from MK to P0ly for dinner, so I have that route figured out. Any suggestions on getting from Poly to POR after wishes?

Thanks!

Speedy1998
05-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Disney transportation should still be running after wishes is over. Personnally I would hop on the Monorail around to the MK, and then get on the buses there. You could also go to Downtown Disney and then on to POR.

Madame Leona
05-17-2009, 09:54 PM
I would take the bus to DTD then hop the boat back to POR. It's a nice ride and you don't have to deal with MK congestion after wishes is over.

illini
05-18-2009, 09:58 AM
I would take the bus to DTD then hop the boat back to POR. It's a nice ride and you don't have to deal with MK congestion after wishes is over.

This is what I would do as well. It's slightly more complicated, but well worth it. The busses at the MK after Wishes, particularly to POR in my experience, will be slammed.

twinboyz
05-18-2009, 12:21 PM
I wasn't sure if the boats ran that late. That sounds like a great idea. Thanks!

TwinniesNMeLoveWDW
05-18-2009, 04:35 PM
I also agree with taking the bus to DD then the boat to POR. I love that boat ride, it's fun at night and is one of the perks of staying at the PO resorts.

joelkfla
05-19-2009, 12:11 AM
I wasn't sure if the boats ran that late. That sounds like a great idea. Thanks!
The last boat leaves DTD Marketplace at 11:30. You should be OK if you're at the Poly bus stop by 10:30.

But if you do miss the last boat, you can catch the bus at PI until 2 a.m. -- so you won't get stranded at DTD.

mdricks
05-19-2009, 06:36 AM
we do this every year, POFQ from ohana's. Do what they say above, bus to DTD then the boat back. The bus is, well, a bus (ick) but the boat ride through the trees on a warm summer night after a great meal, cant be beat.

:number1:

twinboyz
05-19-2009, 06:54 AM
The last boat leaves DTD Marketplace at 11:30. You should be OK if you're at the Poly bus stop by 10:30.

But if you do miss the last boat, you can catch the bus at PI until 2 a.m. -- so you won't get stranded at DTD.

That's great info. Thanks for all your help everyone.

Tinkerbella16
05-19-2009, 12:39 PM
I would get on the monorail and just catch the POR bus from there.

If you are not too tired and not in a rush to get back then you could always take a bus to DTD from the TTC and then the boat back to POR...its so relaxing!

bostomco
05-19-2009, 12:57 PM
If you're in no rush then the bus to DTD is the way to go. All I know is that on our last trip we made the mistake of going to DTD and then transfering on a bus to CR and we regretted that! It took an hour to get to CR! Next time we'll go to whatever park is open and transfer! I'm sure the opposite isn't the case. We ended up getting a cab back to POR! LOL It was totally worth the money!