PDA

View Full Version : Akershus

FLKatie912
05-17-2009, 02:19 PM
I made an ADR for Akershus during lunch. I was looking at sample menus, and I'm getting very different options. For Lunch it seems the menu is very limited, is that how it is?

Nini5055
05-18-2009, 04:21 PM
It was actually very good! We were just there last week. Remember: You also get a free Photo Package with your meal...so if you have little ones who want to wear princess dresses, this is a great one as you get a photo with the Hosting Princess (ours was Belle).

They have a cold buffet to begin your meal with...my dd7 loved the appetizer buffet...cold meats, shrimp salad, cheese, tossed salad, potato salad...all good.

My dd7 had the Mickey shaped Ravioli (cheese filled) with sauce and a couple of meatballs. She enjoyed the pasta and ate some meatball. I didn't hear any grumblings about how anything "tasted bad" (her words), so I can say it was good! My mother and I both had the chicken with beans (lima and other beans...not baked). It was good.

We really enjoyed the dessert platter. They have a standard trio of desserts they bring. It was Schoolbread (like a big custard filled donut with carmel & coconut drizzled on top)...yummy...Flourless Cake which was very dense like fudge...it was good, but very rich...and lastly (my FAVORITE) the Rice Cream...kind of like rice pudding dressed up with cherries...it is out of this world!!! There was nothing left of our dessert platter.

As for Princesses...we saw Belle at the Photo/Autograph sigining...Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White, and Ariel. They chat for a moment, sign autographs and take a pic or two. My dd7 loves :cloud9: this particular meal.

g8rgirl29
05-18-2009, 04:56 PM
I personally prefer the lunch to the dinner. My favorite dish is the Pasta Akershus topped with chicken.