PDA

View Full Version : Donald's Safari Breakfast???

KAT1811
05-17-2009, 02:08 PM
How is Donald's Safari Breakfast? I am debating adding it to our schedule for the morning we are planning on touring Animal Kingdom. How is it? We have 4 children, DD#1 13, DD#2 5 (we'll be celebrating her 5th birthday in WDW), DD#3 2 3/4, and DS 8 months (at time of travel). We are in WDW for two weeks and have some great dining planned but have never done this breakfast. I was thinking about getting an early ADR to get us into the park prior to opening. We would be replacing either Olivia's Cafe or Wolf Gang Puck Cafe.

If we do add it in what would you eliminate? Wolf Gang or Olivia? We are staying at OKW if that is a factor in your decision. We have never eaten at either eatery so any input would be appreciated.

joanna71985
05-17-2009, 02:44 PM
I did the breakfast, and enjoyed it. The character interaction was good, and the buffet was pretty good. I would definitely do it again.

I have never done either of the other 2, so I wouldn't know which to switch it with.

jensantuit
05-17-2009, 02:56 PM
We did Donald's Safari breakfast last September and we loved it. So much so that we are going to go again when we go again this September.
The character interaction was great, the food was delicious and our waitress was wonderful.
I would recommend an 8:00 ADR which is what we had last year. We were seated immediately and we ended up seeing almost all of the characters two times and we were out of the restaurant by 8:45 to were at the rope drop to enjoy our day. I highly recommend it. :mickey:

KAT1811
05-17-2009, 03:00 PM
We just got back from the Cape last night!!!

How funny! Thanks for the feedback.

brian2000boston
05-17-2009, 07:18 PM
We did this breakfast last timne and it was very good, actually we thought it was one of the better buffets. The juice is simply amazing, so becareful as it is easy to fill up on it! We ate at wolfgangs which was very good, actually we thought it was the best meal in Disney, however it was for lunch not breakfast.

I am sure whatever you do will be great.

luvmykids2
05-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Is Daisy Duck also at this breakfast??? My 2 year old son just loves Daisy!! :mickey:

wdwfansince75
05-20-2009, 06:10 PM
When we went last June, Daisy Duck was there. DGS#4, at 6 months, loved Donald and Daisy, but Goofy was his favorite!

We did the old Breakfastasaurus several times, and were disappointed when it was closed. But we all really loved the new location. We find the food about the best of any of the breakfast buffets we have done, and the character interaction was top notch.

Tink33333
05-21-2009, 06:24 PM
How is the new breakfast different than the Breakfastasaurus? Where is it located in comparison from the old breakfast? Is the menu different?

#1donaldfan
05-22-2009, 12:42 PM
....it's very good.....plust you get a small jump on the rest of the crowd....

...it's in the Tusker Hosue..which is quite a distance from the old location of Breakfastsaurs....and yes the menu is much different....I like the old one better, however the new is is very good......

......get the earliest ressie...eat....then head over to EE to ride standby with ZERO wait, get back on with a minimal wait, then FP it for later....really, that did work for us this past NYE trip....:thumbsup: