PDA

View Full Version : DVC mousekeeping?

KAT1811
05-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Could someone please explain the DVC mousekeeping to me again. I know we are largely on our own but I forget exactly when they do come in. We will be in a studio for week 1 and a two bedroom for week 2. I have also heard that you can pay to have them come in daily. Does anyone know the specifics on that? Thank you!

FiggyFan
05-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Mousekeeping comes into your room every fourth day, with check in counted as day 1.

For a stay of 7 nights or less, you get trash and towel service on day 4.

For stays of 8 nights or more, you get a full housekeeping service on day 4. On day 8, you get a trash and towel service. Day 12 (if you are luck enough to stay that long) would be full service again.

You can request housekeeping service (24 hour notice) between scheduled services. You can also purchase a toiletries pack, coffee pack, or fresh towel pack. I don't have the prices handy, but the guidbook says they are on the DVC member website.

Maleficent's Dad
05-17-2009, 05:05 PM
In addition to what FiggyFan stated above, your second ressie in the 2BR will count as a new reservation, thus starting you at "Day 1" as far as Mousekeeping is concerned.

KAT1811
05-17-2009, 05:14 PM
In addition to what FiggyFan stated above, your second ressie in the 2BR will count as a new reservation, thus starting you at "Day 1" as far as Mousekeeping is concerned.

Fabulous! LOL!

TennesseeTink
05-17-2009, 05:52 PM
We(4 of us) are doing something similar on our upcoming trip, 4 nights in a studio at BCV, then 5 nights in a 1bdrm at AKV. I don't mind not having my bed made and bathrooms cleaned for a while. But I'm kinda grossed out by us using the same towel for 4 days in a row. In the 1bdrm where I'll have a washer/dryer, no biggie. But I don't really want to hang around a laundromat, even if it is free. I looked up how much the extra services are on the DVC website. It's $6.00 for a towel package(4 bath towels, 4 washcloths, 2 hand towels, and a bath rug). It's $30.00-45.00 to have them come do a full clean. Uh, I think I'll just get some extra towels. LOL:blush: