PDA

View Full Version : Msshp

iluvdumbo
05-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Hello fellow Intercot-ters!

Has anyone ever been to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party? My mom, my friend, her mom and I decided to go for Columbus Day weekend. We were going to go for Vetrans Day, but Homecoming weekend was changed for some weekend in September. How is the party and does everyone dress up, including 15 year olds and their mothers? I am just curious...

Thanks,
Hannah

sacandjac
05-17-2009, 12:33 PM
We are going in October and we plan to dress up like the Flinstones (I know, it's not Disney, but my 6'6" DH refused to go as Shrek). He is going to be Fred, I am going to be Wilma and our 11 year old daughter (who is taller than me) is going to be Pebbles.

I've been once before and it is a lot of fun, even though we did not dress up that time.

I think you will see a range of people dressed up and not dressed up, including adults and teens. Everyone says that it is more fun if you do dress up.

I've decided to just go for it and have a great time.

The fireworks and the parades are great-a spooky theme and I am definitely looking forward to seeing the Headless Horseman ride (Hope he does). It rained last time and he did not ride.

Hope you have a blast!!

g8rgirl29
05-17-2009, 12:53 PM
The MNSSHP is a Blast!! You will have a great time. There is a pretty good mix of people that dress up and ones that don't. We saw some really great costumes. We didn't get dressed up last year but we plan to this year(ME44, DH39, DD23, DD5). The parade and fireworks show are amazing!! The parade is actually the best I have ever seen at Disney. It is well worth the money. The length of time waiting for rides was minimal. You get to see the characters dressed up in costume and you get to see the villians too!!

joanna71985
05-17-2009, 02:56 PM
I did MNSSHP back in 2006, and had a blast! It was so much fun. I can't wait to go again in the fall. The parade and fireworks are really good, and I love the castle show. Plus, there are a lot of rare characters out, and the lines for rides are pretty short.

As for dressing up, a good number of people do (including people of all ages). I am considering dressing up this time (if I do, it will probably be as a pirate).

Kathy Jetson
05-17-2009, 03:11 PM
we will be going this year for the first time. dh and myself will probably just wear some sort of disney related t-shirts and get our faces painted. ds5 will wear a costume and be painted.

joanakaylene
05-18-2009, 12:12 PM
my family goes every year but we usually don't dress up. only because, we like to go because while everyone is trick or treating and getting photos with the characters, the rides are relatively empty. but we enjoy seeing everyone else dressed up (even adults!)

Plus the parade is REALLY great during MNSSHP.

Disney Doll
05-18-2009, 12:42 PM
We went last year for the 1st time and we're headed back for this year's party. We loved it. MK was not crowded at all and the special parade and fireworks were very cool. We didn't dress up last year, but once we were there I wished we had. We are dressing up this year for sure. Honestly you won't feel out of place either way because there are plenty of people who dress up and also plenty who don't. I really enjoyed checking out all the costumes last year and I think it's more fun if you dress up.

tinkgirl07
05-18-2009, 12:43 PM
You are going to have soooo much fun! I went in 2008 and am hoping again to make it in 2009. We went the night that we arrived so unlike joanakaylene we didn't have to walk around all day in our costumes, I can see where that would be quite inconvienent and a little weird. But we got there around 5:30 for our ressies at CP in costume, me 24 went as Alice, my sister 10 was Snow White, and my parents went as Cruella and Mad Hatter. It was sooo fun that everyone dressed up! So I would say GO for it, we got so many compliments from guests and CM's!

BMan62
05-18-2009, 12:59 PM
We are going in October and we plan to dress up like the Flinstones (I know, it's not Disney, but my 6'6" DH refused to go as Shrek).

Thank goodness!! Shrek isn't disney either!! Check that 'other' Orlando theme park.

iluvdumbo
08-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the info everyone!

NJGIRL
08-06-2009, 10:49 AM
We have been to the party at least 6 times. It's alot of fun and worth the ticket price. We always walk out of there with tons of candy and the parade is excellent (we usually don't even do parades). The adults in our group have never dressed up but the kids always do. IMO I would say maybe 30% of adults dress up so you would not be out of place if you did.

T-Belle
08-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Totally worth it!! This will be my 3rd and my sister's 2nd time. Sounds like we may be there at the same time. We have tickets for Oct. 12th.
How about you?

Mickey91
08-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Wouldn't miss it!!:mpumpkin: