PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else ever thought this?

cherbie66
05-17-2009, 10:48 AM
When watching Disney movies, I sometimes think "wow that part would make a great ride!" The number one movie/part that always comes to mind when I think of this is the part in Monsters Inc where they are riding on the doors, trying to get away from that monster that turns invisible (sorry forget his name). Every time I see the movie, I long to ride a ride with this idea. Maybe a coaster (one of those where your feet hang) or even a simulator. I think it would be an amazing ride.

Does anyone else have any ideas such as this? What movies have made you think "wow, I want to ride a ride at WDW like that?"

Strmchsr
05-17-2009, 01:08 PM
There were a whole flurry of rumors about this very thing last July with the Monsters Inc coaster based on the door scene coming to DHS in 2011. However, while many of those rumors still persist it seems the project has been put on hold for a while. WDW did open a new Monsters Inc ride at Disney Tokyo, but no word on if it'll come to WDW.

amd780
05-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Oh, I've definitely thought that! DH and I think that an adaptation of the scene in The Emperor's New Groove where Yzma and Kronk ride the flume into the secret lab would make a great ride! :mickey:

maxrebo77
05-17-2009, 02:03 PM
There is Monster's Inc. at DCA. Cute. Not a coaster though.
You did make me run to my collection of VHS Disney Classics though and the possibilities are endless.
How about a Pete's Dragon coaster at AK to finallly get that dragon mythology in there.
A TSM style ride staring Robin Hood (By the UK would be nice if they had the room)
Some kind of water ride with The Rescuers.
A dark ride with the Great Mouse Dective.
Street show with Oliver and Co. (wait I think this may have been done)

DisneyFr33k
05-17-2009, 02:29 PM
We thought of one - In Finding Nemo, riding the EAC.... totally awesome!!

joanna71985
05-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Yeah, I agree about the door scene from Monsters Inc being a ride (and I hope someday that comes true- it would make for an awsome coaster).

BluewaterBrad
05-17-2009, 04:11 PM
The submarine scenes in 20,000 leagues!1 Oh....forgot........... it has been done..............and taken out!!:mickey:

IamBelle
05-17-2009, 04:15 PM
I ays thought the Yzma and Kronk Secret Lab would be a coaster, that would be so fun!

cherbie66
05-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Really? That would be great if they made the door scene in Monsters Inc a ride! I had no idea that it was a possibility.

The other suggestions are great too! Keep em coming!:party: