PDA

View Full Version : Preferred or Standard Rooms at POP

JoDisney
05-17-2009, 09:50 AM
I requested a preferred room only one time. I thought I would be in the 60s Bldg. The CM said they expanded the preferred room to some of the 50s and 70s. We did not see much difference in then going with a standard room. What has been your experience, especially if you go in the summer months.

JoDisney
05-17-2009, 11:50 AM
I called POP asked for front desk. The operator does not want to transfer me to the front desk. She says how can I help? I said I wanted to know what was considered "preferred" at POP. She says I'll transfer you to reservations. (I knew that would happen!) The CM at reservations says "preferred" is any room close to the dining or buses or pools. So, that tells me that you could get any one of those choices. What if they put you outside of the computer pool? Yes you are close to a pool, but you are not close to the dining hall. Also, you can cross the parking lot and get to the buses. It is interesting, their definition of "preferred."

Strmchsr
05-17-2009, 01:04 PM
"Preferred" really is hit and miss. I don't think it's worth it at Pop.

BluewaterBrad
05-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Doesnt matter much to us!:mickey:

KarenP
05-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Preferred rooms are supposed to be those closest to the main building.

dancin Disney style
05-17-2009, 04:55 PM
There is actually a distance that qualifies a room as preferred. I believe that it's 500yds. It's the distance from the main building and this is the same with all the value resorts.

Half of the 60s and 70s are preferred. As well as part of the 50s. IMO, a preferred room is only worth the extra money if you are in the 60s and you plan to be spending some time relaxing at the resort. We stayed at POP last year for 2 weeks and I thought that since we would be there so long it would be well worth the extra money. We were placed in the 70s building #10 as I had requested but since we were on the 3rd floor it turned out that we were the exact same distance from the elevator are the standard rooms.

The 60s are the closest to the food court. The 70s are closest to the bus stops. The 50s are good if you need to be close to the parking lot.