PDA

View Full Version : Build Your Own Theme Park

PopeCharming
05-16-2009, 10:26 PM
I think someone may have tried a similar topic a few years ago, but I think its worth another go...

If you were put in charge of designing a Disney theme park, using any attractions from its past or present, what would you put into it? You need not focus on giving it a coherent theme- just put in what you most enjoy. However, your park must follow the following criteria:

Give it a name.

5 thrill rides

5 dark rides

2 audio-animatronic shows (such as Enchanted Tiki Birds or The American Adventure)

2 live stage shows

3 movies (be they 3-D, Circle-Vision, etc.):

3 sit-down restaurants:

3 counter-service restaurants:

2 live entertainment (such as Off Kilter or the Dapper Dans):

1 parade:

5 ‘freebies’ (any of the above, or some element that doesn’t fit into any category, but makes the Disney experience truly immersive for you):

Have fun with this, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

TheRustyScupper
05-17-2009, 08:41 AM
Or, you can just buy the Sim Theme Park game.

wire0monkey
05-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Or, you can just buy the Sim Theme Park game.

But then I don't get to play with people from Intercot. :mickey:

wire0monkey
05-17-2009, 09:33 AM
However, your park must follow the following criteria:

Give it a name.

5 thrill rides

5 dark rides

2 audio-animatronic shows (such as Enchanted Tiki Birds or The American Adventure)

2 live stage shows

3 movies (be they 3-D, Circle-Vision, etc.):

3 sit-down restaurants:

3 counter-service restaurants:

2 live entertainment (such as Off Kilter or the Dapper Dans):

1 parade:

5 ‘freebies’ (any of the above, or some element that doesn’t fit into any category, but makes the Disney experience truly immersive for you):

Have fun with this, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

After seeing an on-line blog and pictures about Disney Seas, I really want a Disney Seas park in the US. (AK is my favorite park, theming wise. It's so beautiful.)

Here's my Disney Seas USA park. It doesn't meet the requirements because it's more like AK than MK. It's all crazy talk, but it's fun.

Rides:

1. Motion stimulator for seeing deep sea vents (like Soarin or Star Tours but underwater)

2. Motion simulator themed on kelp forests in California and coral reefs in Hawaii

3. Thrill ride based on angler-fish sequence in Nemo

4. Indoor dark ride based on Little Mermaid

5. Thrill ride based on surfing -- Stitch theme "Hawaii Roller Coaster Ride"

6. Submarine ride from California parks based on "Finding Nemo"

7. Pirate ship themed thrill ride based on POTC

8. The old Captain Nemo submarine ride from MK

To those rides, I would add the following animal encounters:

1. Touch tanks with rays;

2. Huge shark tanks like the ones at the Aquarium of the Americas in NOLA.

3. Marine mammal enclosures -- otters, seals, polar bears

4. Penguins!

Animal tanks can be included in all that.

My animatronic show involves marine reptiles and is set during the age of the dinosaurs. We want animatronic mosasaurs and plesiosaurs, since we can't have live ones.

The other animatronic show can be a kids' show that involves the singing fish from the "Hotter Under the Water" sequence in Little Mermaid.

The live shows should be the dolphin show and the Little Mermaid show. (DHS will have to get a replacement.) We'll move the Pirate tutorial to Disney Seas USA, too. I would also like to see a singing group doing traditional American folk music based on sea chanties, etc.

The two movies should be educational efforts -- one on fishing and protecting fisheries from over-fishing, and the water cycle and pollution. The second one I'd like to see filmed starting with the "life cycle" of water as it falls on the interior of the US in the Rocky Mountains/Black Hills/Badlands and flows into the Missouri river and then into the Mississippi and then into the swamps of Louisiana and then into the Gulf of Mexico. You could do some really great nature photography there.

For TS restaurants, you get a Coral Seas type place with a surf and turf menu (for the non-fish eaters), a Japanese teppen/sushi/tempura place, and a Cali-Mex fish tacos place. (Every place has one burger on the menu.)

Counter-service includes a fish and chips place, a tempura place, and a BBQ place. (The real pirates of the Caribbean invented bbq.)

The parade is an ocean themed parade targeted to younger kids, of course, with mermaids (both from Little Mermaid and Peter Pan), Pirates from Peter Pan, Tink, fish from Nemo, etc.

I don't have a coherent plan for the lands (or "ports") but I would like to see one themed to the Caribbean and one themed to a sort of steampunk theme (the Captain Nemo area), and one themed to the east coast of the US, and one themed to the sort of period Chinese port we saw in the second POTC movie.

PopeCharming
05-17-2009, 10:55 AM
brilliant work, wire0monkey. I wrote this post envisioning that people would pick and choose from existing rides and restaurants, but what you've come up with is much more creative. Mine doesn't follow any discernible themeing, but here is...

The Papal Gardens:

5 thrill rides: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Rock’n’Roller Coaster, Test Tack, Tower of Terror

5 dark rides: Spaceship Earth, Horizons, Journey into Imagination, Delta Dreamflight, The Great Movie Ride

2 audio-animatronics shows: Hall of Presidents, Carousel of Progress

2 live stage shows: Mickey’s Birthdayland Show, Finding Nemo: The Musical

3 movies: Impressions de France, American Journeys, Captain E-O

3 Sit-Down Restaurants: Teppan Edo, Prime Time Café, Garden Grill

3 Counter-Service Restaurants: Aloha Isle, Flame Tree Barbeque, Tangeriene Café

2 Live Entertainment: Beatles Impersonators, The Grass Roots (hey, they performed in Epcot once, right?)

1 parade: Tapestry of Nations

5 Freebies: Tomorrowland Transit Authority, Penny Arcade, 80s Epcot soundtrack, Original Image Works, Outdoor United Kingdom beer and ale station.

wire0monkey
05-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Sounds like a perfect park for the big kids.

Goofy Coach
05-18-2009, 03:52 PM
The dw and I were in MK last year and had early reservations at Crystal Palace. When we got done we were walking down Main Street and they were apparantly having an orientation of some kind for the new summer help. To make a long story short, we overheard the CM tell the group that there was currently enough land on WDW property to build at least 3 more Parks.

The rest of the trip we were talking about just this question. My suggestion would be a park for the "grown-ups" with a lot of thrill rides and roller coasters done with the Disney twist.

My idea was to gear it towards the Disney "villans"....scar, cruella, jafar, etc. I think this would open up a new consumer group for Disney. It would bring people that would not normally go to WDW. The DW and I love going to Cedar Point in Ohio, but if Disney did something like that we wouldn't have to.