PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Studios to Cirque du Soleil

AuntKari
05-16-2009, 05:30 PM
We will be at HS on August 13, 2009 and we need to report for Cirque du Soleil at 5:00 PM. How long will it take us to get our car and drive to Downtown Disney and park and get to Cirque Du Soleil? Thank you again all! Aunt Kari

Ed
05-16-2009, 05:52 PM
It shouldn't take you more than about 15 minutes, once you get off the parking lot. When you leave the Studios parking lot, turn right on Buena Vista Drive, and it's only about 2 miles to Downtown Disney. For Cirque, plan on parking in the first lot on your left after you pass Old Key West.

KatrinaJ91
05-16-2009, 10:25 PM
If you have to be there at 5, I would start out at 4. It will take a few minutes to get to your car, driving time, parking at DD and time to get from your car to Cirque. That should give plenty of time so you don't have to rush!

Polynesian Dweller
05-19-2009, 06:36 PM
If this is of any help, based on nearly a dozen such drives recorded by our GPS, the typical driving time from starting your car at DHS to parking at DTD will be about 7-8 minutes. That includes a couple of stoplights and the time to get out of the DHS parking lot.

But, as others say, I would give myself much more time to get from the DHS gates to your seats. There can be delays waiting for the tram at the gates, a delay if your car is at the second tram stop, the time it takes to walk to your car in the parking row (if its at the far end it can be a good walk in itself), finding parking at DTD (it can be bad a times), time to walk to the theater and then of course the 5 minutes or so to get in the theater and seated. Given all that, to make sure I there on time, I would be heading out about 45min ahead of the performance time at a minimum.