PDA

View Full Version : Taking food into parks

AuntKari
05-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Can you take a sandwich, apple, chips, ice block, and water (frozen) into a park in a small collapsable cooler and put it into a locker? What about a bigger colapsable cooler with more food when the whole family goes? Thank you, Aunt Kari

BluewaterBrad
05-16-2009, 05:47 PM
i think so. Someone here will beable to give you better help. Have fun!!:mickey:

dmosher
05-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Generally a small to medium cooler is fine, especially if it is collapsable. The rules is basically, no glass, no alcohol, etc. Unless there is a recent security issue happening, Disney is pretty relaxed on the whole food/water thing, so don't worry. Just remember to show some restraint and respect for the policy by not bringing in a 3 course meal with all the sides, etc. haha
Have fun,
:pipeS:
D

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-16-2009, 08:18 PM
We've brought in a small cooler and at a different time a large cooler. No breakables and no alcohol. We just had water and soda in ours and put it in one of the large lockers. We had the guards joking that they wanted my Pepsi.

KatrinaJ91
05-16-2009, 10:23 PM
How much does it cost to rent the lockers in MK? We have a small collapsible cooler and would love to take it in with water and sodas.

dmosher
05-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Here is all of the info I could find and that we had from last year on the lockers. According to the WDW site, this is still the correct pricing.

At the four Theme Parks, the policy is:
Large Locker: $5.00 per day plus a $5.00 key deposit which is refunded when the key is returned
Small Locker: $5.00 per day plus a $5.00 key deposit which is refunded when the key is returned
Key must be turned in within an hour of the park closing
Key operated lockers can be accessed as often as you like
When visiting more than one theme park on the same day:
Return the key for the $5.00 deposit and get a receipt
Take the receipt to the next theme park
Present the receipt, pay the $5.00 key deposit and you'll have a locker for the remainder of the day
Locker Locations
Magic Kingdom-
Inside the park adjacent to the Wheelchair/ECV rental
Small locker - 11"H x 9"W x 16" Deep
Large locker - 17"H x 12"W x 22" Deep

TheRustyScupper
05-17-2009, 08:39 AM
so don't worry. Just remember to show some restraint and respect for the policy by not bringing in a 3 course meal with all the sides, etc.

1) It isn't the three course meal that is tough to bring in.
2) The grill and charcoal for the steaks was difficult, though.
3) We had to disguise the grill as a stroller and steaks as the baby.

Skippy
05-17-2009, 08:40 AM
from WDW FAQ:

Guests are allowed to bring food items, such as snacks or foods that do not require heating, into any Walt Disney WorldŽ Theme Park. Just inform a Security Cast Member.

Pack away!

PiratesCove
05-17-2009, 04:01 PM
I think you will be fine if you stick with a smaller cooler.

Cheloconnell
05-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Just remember no alcohol. I can't say how aggravated I was in April when a couple in front of me had a huge duffle bag and another backpack and had hid alcohol in every pocket known to man. The security guard had to call another security guard over to go through everything, right down to they were hidden in their pockets....how sad :( You are going to the Magic Kingdom, not a rock concert. They were middle aged....I couldn't believe it. The worst part was they didn't take them aside and look through their stuff...they held the whole line up on both sides of the table. Be courteous and don't bring in numerous big bags that need to be searched.