PDA

View Full Version : Tyler need HELP!!!

tyandskyesmom
05-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Hi guys! I know we have a lot of people from New Orleans on here so I am asking for some help for Tyler. His 4th grade class is doing a project where they each got a state and they have to decorate a shoe box type box with different pieces if information about the state the got. Then they are supposed to fill the box with info about/from that state. That is where he needs the help. If anyone would be interested in helping out he'd greatly appreciate it. Things like news paper articles, postcards, or other objects that come from or "mean" Louisiana woudl be great. If you are able to help, please PM me and I will send you info on where to send it. I am willing to reimburse postage if needed. Or, if you even have information on info to include or ideas on thins we may not have thought of, let me know!This is his last big project for the year...thanx in advance...oh, ya and he only has until Sunday May 25th to get the info because it is due on the 26th.

Thanx guys!
Sherry and Tyler

kakn7294
05-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Good luck on Ty's project! I wish I could help. Too bad he didn't get Pennsylvania!

tyandskyesmom
05-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Ya, I know. He never gets anything that we know or places we know people directly or places we know a lot about. Last time he had South Dakota...and other than having a dog names Dakota, we didn;t know anything about it. Now we do! Thanx for the offer though!

crazypoohbear
05-16-2009, 07:49 PM
You could have him go on google and find the New Orleans news paper and print out articles.
Find pictures on the Internet of LA and print out those pictures. Find old magazines and cut out pictures.
Have him look up what produce is produced there and purchase something from the grocery store.
Have him check out tourism online and print out pictures of famous sites.
Get a box of benege mix and put that in the box. Louisiana hot sauce. All things you could purchase at the store or might even have in your cupboard.
There are lots of pictures and information he could access online.
Good luck

VWL Mom
05-17-2009, 08:48 AM
You can check for info at your local travel agency, they may have some brochures. Also, if time permits, contact the Board of Tourism and they will normally send out a nice package for you.