PDA

View Full Version : Very Merry Christmas Party for 2 Adults??

LiloLovesTheKing26
05-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Is it worth it? What are some highlights you enjoyed?? I'm so excited about being down there in December!!

CardsFan81
05-16-2009, 12:53 PM
It's definitely worth it for 2 adults. My husband and I have attached MVMCP the past couple of years and can't imagine being in Disney World during the party and not attending. You get cookies and hot chocolate, as well as an awesome parade. Also, because there is a limit to how many people can attend, ride lines are shorter.

Cinderella's mom
05-16-2009, 01:23 PM
I LOVED the atmosphere! The cookies and hot chocolate are great, but the best thing is that it snows on Main Street! There are not as many people since it is a limited ticket event; therefore, the lines are not as long! There are many different Christmas shows going on! When we were there in '05, Belle (in her red dress) and Beast together were out taking pictures close to Peter Pan! I hope we can go back this year! Well worth the extra money IMHO!

LiloLovesTheKing26
05-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Yay!! I'm getting very excited!!

Strmchsr
05-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Honestly, I think the MVMCP is more suited to adults than kids. Sure, kids, have a good time, but the shows, parade, snow on Main St, hot chocolate, etc seem to excite the adults more than kids, unlike the MNSSHP which offers a lot for the kids.

Donald A
05-16-2009, 03:22 PM
It is a toss-up. My wife and I and my parents went to MVMCP. It is probably worth it if you go at a busy time of the holiday season as they only sell so many tickets. However, if the parks are not crowded during the day you are paying over $40 for a parade, a neat holiday wishes and characters dressed for Christmas.

That being said, different people like different things. I didn't hate it as I got some neat pictures with Christmas Mickey. I am just not sure it is worth the money.

IfUHadWings
05-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Absolutley! We love it. The crowds are so light, that you could shorten your stay if needed. It's like an extra day at the park.

Great atmosphere. The firework show is great. Make sure to pre-order tickets and look for the select discount dates. :thumbsup:

MushuGrl
05-16-2009, 04:36 PM
My sister, best friend and I did the Christmas party last December - they're in their early 40s and I was 33. We had a BLAST! Actually one of the best things for us was to just roam and see what you could see - you never know who's going to show up and what they'll be doing!

Mousemates
05-16-2009, 09:23 PM
We go during the Christmas Holidays each year....its lots of fun for adults too.

Zawadi
05-17-2009, 05:40 AM
DEFINITELY worth going to! Our next trip to WDW is Dec 2010 and MVMCP is on the to-do list.

TheRustyScupper
05-17-2009, 08:30 AM
1) Go for the shows, not for the rides.
2) Yes, rides lines are low, but a HUGE price to pay for riding.
3) They have
. . . Christmas parades
. . . snow on Main Street
. . . Christmas shows in there areas, minimum
4) If you queue for the shows and activities, you have little time for rides.
5) I think the Christmas Party is good to see at least once.