PDA

View Full Version : End-of-School "Crazies!"

mickeys_princess_mom
05-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Any teachers out there going through the End-of-the-Year "crazies" at school, and just trying to hang on? The past week has been insane, and I will not bore you by reliving it here, but "Uncle" already! Fights, teachers squabbling, breakins, surveys, computer glitches, ...uh-oh, I am reliving it--sorry!
:badpc: :pout: :fit:
There's a reason I plan a Disney trip for the second I get out---it helps me make it through!
:plane: :cloud9:

JPL
05-15-2009, 10:22 PM
I am experiencing the same thing :( I also have a trip the second I get out.

24 Work Days left!

PirateLover
05-16-2009, 12:16 AM
I'm an 8th grade teacher, I have it the worst! (well, besides those teaching high school seniors). These kids are long gone and after memorial day it will only be worse. I too have a WDW trip planned, June 20th-27th.

Jeff
05-16-2009, 07:59 AM
I love this time of year in our schools - excitement fills the air!!!!!:thumbsup:

AdventurerKim
05-16-2009, 05:49 PM
I teach middle school. I have seven school days left and hope I can get through them. If the Thurs. and Fri. of this past week are any indication, the next seven school days will be the longest and worst yet! State standardized test scores come out Monday, final exams start Wed., and the last day is Records Day! My students aren't acting crazy, just apathetic about final exams.

Thankfully, I have two trips planned back to back as soon as I get out, and one is of course to WDW! Can't wait to be away from this madness! :mad:

Georgesgirl1
05-16-2009, 08:04 PM
I have 5 days left! Next week is mostly a play week, but if it rains any day next week (which the weather says it might) I will pull all my hair out. Twenty 5 year olds who can't play outside the last week of school would be a real test of my patience!!!

mickeys_princess_mom
05-17-2009, 01:13 PM
I teach middle school. I have seven school days left and hope I can get through them. If the Thurs. and Fri. of this past week are any indication, the next seven school days will be the longest and worst yet! State standardized test scores come out Monday, final exams start Wed., and the last day is Records Day! My students aren't acting crazy, just apathetic about final exams.

Thankfully, I have two trips planned back to back as soon as I get out, and one is of course to WDW! Can't wait to be away from this madness! :mad:
Our scores are coming in Monday, too, and our grades have to be in the computer by Wed. (thankfully--for the first time ever--mine already are, thanks to my Disney motivation:mickey:). I'm in charge of Awards Day for three grades Tuesday, and there is sooo much left to do. Will never take that on again. The lady who did it previously retired, but she was the lab manager, and basically worked on it all year without distraction. I've been trying to hit on it when I could, do a play, teach, wrap up the year, and get the Dance Team going. Stick a fork in me.
:faint:

MNNHFLTX
05-18-2009, 12:33 PM
I am not a teacher, but am always glad when the end-of-the-school craziness is done. For the last four Saturdays there have been (loud) parties going on in our neighborhood, late into the evening--whether from Prom, Graduation or whatever!

Kenny1113
05-18-2009, 10:00 PM
I am not a teacher, my DS7 has the end of the year crazyies. My DM is a teacher and she says her kids are crazy as well. All my friends kids are going crazy too. We still have 3 weeks left!!!!

Mammabruski
05-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Our last day with students is Thursday!!! All I have left to do is grade my remaining finals (I'm a HS math teacher) and do some inventory. I too have a trip to WDW planned. . .we leave on Monday :cloud9:. My students have been pretty good, finals keep them motivated, but I'm just waiting for that senior "prank". . . wonder what it will be. . .

mickeys_princess_mom
05-20-2009, 02:45 AM
It's very cool that a lot of us have trips planned right after 'the end' and will be there together! We'll be able to tell who the teachers are by the circles under our eyes, the white knuckles clutching the Dole Whips/Lapu-Lapu's, and the dazed smiles on our faces.
:wave:

conorsmom2000
05-22-2009, 07:26 AM
I'm an aide in our district and the PA president at Conor's school and the past month has been NUTS. We had to get through the NJ ASK testing, then our Teacher's Luncheon and Field day and now the weather has finally warmed up so everyone has Spring fever!! We have 22 days left and I am definitely ready for summer....though, no Disney for us. :(

LandFan
05-27-2009, 02:14 PM
I am a teacher and we are definitely in the middle of the crazies!! The seniors (I teach high school) are going nuts and all of my classes are mixed levels so that makes everyone else bounce off the walls...June 8th (exam week) can't come soon enough!! June 15th is our last day - hallelujah!