PDA

View Full Version : non-park dining

disneyfamily05
05-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Hello Everyone! The kids (DS8 & DD6) and I are meeting my father in Orlando. We are staying in the Ft Wilderness cabins (he is footing the bill for the stay) and to thank him I would like to take him out to nice sit-down dinner.

I am looking for non-park dining (i.e. at a resort, DTD, etc.) simply b/c we may venture off Disney property in the daytime for one or two days so I don't want to "waste" a ticket to get into a park just to eat.

I am really at a loss as the only non-park places I have eaten at are Boma (which is definitely an option so he can see AKL - but might even lean more towards Jiko), Wolfgang Puck's, and Ghiradelli (SP?) (where of course the kids and I will make a pit-stop anyway).

The kids will eat anything so I am not worried about the kid factor when it comes to the food - although I don't want them to be the ONLY kids in a more adult-orientated atmopshere.

The more suggestions you give the better off I will be as my timing for ADRs is tight since this was planned at the last minute.

princessgirls
05-15-2009, 09:24 PM
O'Hanna in the Poly is a favorite of ours. The Kona Kafe also serves excellent food.

Chef Mickey's ?? It's close and easy.

Enjoy!

Julie:mickey:

svarhall07
05-16-2009, 12:58 AM
my number one choice would be Boma, I take everyone there. however, older people may not be as adventurous with food, so my next to thoughts are 'Ohana and Artist Point. 'Ohana is wonderful and served family style so there will be plenty of food. Artist Point is a signature restaurant at the Wilderness Lodge. It kind of has the same wow factor as AKL, as you said you would like him to see. The food here is delicious, the pork chop is excellent. there are so many great places to eat outside of the parks. My last vacation down we only ate counter service in the parks, because the rest of the time we were at other resorts eating.

TheRustyScupper
05-16-2009, 06:26 AM
1) Shula's
2) Todd English Blue Zoo
3) Il Mulino

mom2morgan
05-16-2009, 10:57 AM
The Rainforest Cafe at the Animal Kingdom doesn't require a park ticket to get into, since it can be entered from the outside. We ate at the California Grill, if you want a nice but expensive meal (certainly plenty of kids there, despite the more upscale atmosphere), and my personal favourite that we went to was O'Hana's at the Polynesian.

DisneyFr33k
05-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Kona or Ohana at the Polynesian. Or our most recent discovery is Wolfgang Puck Cafe in Downtown Disney - we had the best lunch there and will definitely go back.

Simba's Mom
05-16-2009, 05:12 PM
I love the Grand Floridian Cafe.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-17-2009, 12:14 AM
Kona Cafe or Ohana at the Poly or Spoodles at the Boardwalk (if it isn't already being renovated).

dmosher
05-17-2009, 12:33 AM
Sure it is more kid/family friendly but I say walk over to WL and eat at Whispering Canyons!
:pipes:
D

dancin Disney style
05-17-2009, 05:47 PM
All good suggestions. How about Captn Jacks at DTD? or Raglan Road?

TheRustyScupper
05-18-2009, 08:25 AM
All good suggestions. How about Captn Jacks at DTD? or Raglan Road?

1) Cap'n Jacks
. . . good cocktails
. . . decent service
. . . nice appy's
. . . mediocre-to-poor entrées
. . . nice views of the river

2) Raglan Road
. . . good cocktails
. . . good service
. . . good comfort food