PDA

View Full Version : Getting a great seat at the Lion King

elmjimmlm
05-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Out of all the times that I have seen the Festival of the Lion King, I have never sat anywhere but in the top rows...I wonder about how to get a better seat...If we get to the show when it is getting ready to start then should we just wait until the next one? I would love to get closer down to the stage...

jusandnew
05-15-2009, 08:55 AM
With my experience you need to get there about 30-45 mintes before they let you in the doors. They will have a rope on the sidewalk before you get to the doors.This is where you will wait. We always get on the front row.

FriendsofMickey
05-15-2009, 09:08 AM
I agree, you need to be their early to get the first "long" row. I am not sure about the shorter rows (by the handicapped seating). Last year, we watched the "Festival of the Lion King", then we went to the Poccahontas show. When we walked in a CM approached us and asked us if we would like to be the 'family of the day'. (who would say no?!) We got a private meeting with Poccahontas and we got to sit on the short rows (at the next showing of the Festival of the Lion King). It was :cloud9: and :mickey:. My girls got to dance in the little parade they do. And my dh was the 'guy selected for the warthog'. IT was Great! However, I am not sure how they picked us. They just did.

TheRustyScupper
05-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Get in line early, not just before the show starts.

Disney Doll
05-15-2009, 01:42 PM
We sat down front with my mother who is handicapped last trip. IMHO it's better to be towards the middle. You can't take it all in when you are so close. I love, love, love that show, but it's not worth it to line up early just for a front row seat. :twocents:

Hull-onian
05-15-2009, 07:33 PM
All we did was walk in, and sat in the very front row where the handicap seats are. Well, we were back one row, but it was very good. Good enough that my Niece Sabrina was chosen for the hand jive. It was the coolest thing. We loved it.

Granny Jill A
11-20-2009, 04:50 PM
We sat down front with my mother who is handicapped last trip. IMHO it's better to be towards the middle. You can't take it all in when you are so close. I love, love, love that show, but it's not worth it to line up early just for a front row seat. :twocents:

I agree that the middle is the best place to see it all. Great show, but they had the volume WAY too loud for me. Even the risers were vibrating. :(

#1donaldfan
11-20-2009, 05:27 PM
....get there early....we've been up front several times and that's the way we did it...:mickey:

ransam
11-20-2009, 06:13 PM
unfortunately the best thing you can do is to get there early and wait....

kemps@wdw
11-21-2009, 09:54 PM
We arrived @ the door about 35 minutes early and were the 1st in line. Got a front row seat and DH even got picked to be a "warthog" in the show. Definitely, one of the best shows we've seen @ WDW.:thumbsup: