PDA

View Full Version : freaking out a little

playdead88
05-15-2009, 06:13 AM
ok i just read on another website message board that if you are staying at jambo you cant use the pool at kidani villiage - is this true? what if you own at kidani and are staying at jambo?

Aero
05-15-2009, 06:45 AM
From DVCMember.com:

Will Disney Vacation Club Members staying at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas be able to enjoy the amenities at both locations?
Yes, Members and their Guests staying at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas will be able to enjoy the amenities of both Jambo House and Kidani Village, regardless of in which building they are staying.

If you're not a DVC member and are staying at Jambo, I don't think you can use Kidani's pool (not sure how they're going to enforce that), but if you are a member, you can use everything at both resorts.

- Aero

playdead88
05-15-2009, 08:43 AM
THANK YOU!!!!! :mickey: im in the 8 days away freak out zone

tjstrike
05-16-2009, 02:27 AM
If I'm not mistaken, any DVC member can use any DVC resort pool except BC. I think that's what I've read on here.

dlpmikki
05-16-2009, 03:30 AM
If I'm not mistaken, any DVC member can use any DVC resort pool except BC. I think that's what I've read on here.

except AKL and Beach Club - not enough capacity.

DizneyRox
05-17-2009, 08:47 AM
ANY WDW (not DVC) resort pool, except AKL and BC as the above posted said. I don't quite understand AKL. As Paris Hilton would say, it's HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Frankly, I've never seen the advantage of pool hopping. Too much work, but others seem to enjoy it.

I do hope they enforce the Kidani Village restriction, it appears that's going to be even better than Stormalong Bay.

peemagg
05-22-2009, 02:51 AM
The pool at Kidani is very nice and the slide is real fast.
The way that they are keeping people out who are not DVC members staying at Jambo is that you have to swipe your room key in order to get in. The pool and the fitness center is enclosed by a fence that you can't get into unless you have your room key and only the correct room key.

We just returned home from there last night.

DizneyRox
05-22-2009, 07:04 AM
:thumbsup: You heard it here first, way to go Disney! :thumbsup:

I guess you just need to keep an eye out for loiterers.

rsumrall
05-22-2009, 09:07 AM
This sounds like a good solution. I'm thankful that they are doing something to enforce their policies.

Aurora
05-22-2009, 01:31 PM
The pool at Kidani is very nice and the slide is real fast.
The way that they are keeping people out who are not DVC members staying at Jambo is that you have to swipe your room key in order to get in. The pool and the fitness center is enclosed by a fence that you can't get into unless you have your room key and only the correct room key.

We just returned home from there last night.

Sounds a lot like what they do at Vero Beach and Hilton Head.

dmosher
05-22-2009, 08:51 PM
The way that they are keeping people out who are not DVC members staying at Jambo is that you have to swipe your room key in order to get in.

That's a pretty good restriction feature. I wonder if they will have that now at the BC?
:pipes:
D