PDA

View Full Version : Holding place in line for Festival of Lion King

AuntKari
05-14-2009, 10:53 PM
The Festival of the Lion King in AK is at 4:30 PM. Can I let the family watch the 3:45 PM parade and I get into the Fesitval of the Lion King line at 3:20 PM and after the parade have the family join me in line or will it be too hard for them to join me in line? Thank you, Aunt Kari

tjstrike
05-15-2009, 03:58 AM
Most on here are going to discourage you from doing this, if it was the other way around and you went to the bathroom and 4 or 5 of them were in line, that's ok but when you're dealing with a limited entry where only a certain amount get in, it's not fair to the people that are behind you waiting that don't get in. My 2 cents.

Pally
05-15-2009, 07:59 AM
Most on here are going to discourage you from doing this, if it was the other way around and you went to the bathroom and 4 or 5 of them were in line, that's ok but when you're dealing with a limited entry where only a certain amount get in, it's not fair to the people that are behind you waiting that don't get in. My 2 cents.

I agree, this is a pet pevee of mine. If you have several people in line doing this same thing it is a nightmare when those people start coming, jumping in line, over ropes pushing through to get to their party.:crowd::mickey:

MNNHFLTX
05-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Have to say that I agree that it would not be well-received by those around you if you held a place in line for your family. I would recommend seeing an earlier show so that you can all stand in line together. The first show of the day is usually less crowded and would be a good option.

disneynarula
05-15-2009, 09:25 AM
This really annoys me as well. I would just go to another show.

ransam
05-15-2009, 09:52 AM
I have to disagree with the people on here...I have no problem w/ anyone doing that. It's the same thing as people reserving a spot for the parades or fireworks....
DIsney is about families and having fun and not worrying about trivial things...
If you get too caught up in what people are doing the only person who's suffering is you...
And yes, that has happened to me before, and i just backed up and made room for them...

There are so many other things to worry about than a father holding a place in line for his family.

FaithTrustPixieDust
05-15-2009, 10:43 AM
How big is your family?

If I were in line behind you, and your extended family of 12 people all jumped in, I'd be very very annoyed. :thedolls:

However, if one spouse and one kid joined you, I wouldn't mind at all.

Belster
05-15-2009, 10:47 AM
I know that I would not be a happy camper with this situation. I feel the same as the pp if it is one or 2 people fine.. but even still.

Remember that all of the seats are good seats if your family wants to see the parade then you will have to chance being in the back of the line for the show.

TheRustyScupper
05-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Your family should wait in line, like everyone else.

g8rgirl29
05-15-2009, 11:15 AM
When I first saw this post I thought "Uh Oh!!" :hide2: :bolt:
I think if you do this some people will be very upset, some mildly upset and some will not care either way. However if you choose to do this know that there will be some nasty comments from people possibly directed at your children. For this alone I would not do it but it truly is up to you. Either way, Have a Great trip!!:mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
05-15-2009, 12:46 PM
First, I agree with the majority here. I don't think it's proper do something like this. It really is line-jumping. Second, I'm not even sure of the logistics of doing it. The line at FOLK is large, wide, and when it's full, I think your family could have trouble even finding you. And if they could find you, they'd be pushing their way through a lot of people to get to you.

Your best bet is doing a different FOTK show, forgetting about the parade, or all enjoying the parade together and then hustling to see FOTK, knowing you'll be sitting a bit higher on the bleachers inside..

wdwfansince75
05-16-2009, 09:16 AM
If your reason for "holding places in line" is that you think the show may be filled up, please consider the people who will be unable to see the show because your family took their place.

If it is just to get a better seat, then wait at the entrance to the line, and have them join you there when the parade is over. If you want a better seat, my suggestion is that you have them skip the parade, and get in line early.