PDA

View Full Version : Sanaa . . . 3/5 stars

svarhall07
05-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Hey all. finally this we are getting some Sanaa reviews. I had dinner there on Wednesday, May 13. Sanaa is below the lobby of Kidani Village, with windows looking out onto a savannah. We requested a table beside the window, and got it! While we ate, we were able to watch 4 giraffe, an ostrich, and some antelope have dinner as well. Our waitress, Maureen, was amazing. She was so helpful and could answer and describe all of the flavors to us.

For appetizers, we had the indian bread service with Naan, Roti, and Paneer Paratha with cucumber raita, mango chutney, and garlic-ginger pickle dipping sauces. The Naan was delicious, the roti tasted like any wheat peta, and the paneer paratha had a spinach/cheese filling with just a little bit of spice. THe cucumber raita was yogurt based and very light and refreshing, the mango chutney was delicious, with chunks of vegetables and mango, and the ginger-garlic pickle was terrible. We only each had one bite, and it was so hot that we never went back to it. We also shared the sampler appetizer. It included roasted cauliflower, which was more like fried cauliflower with marinara sauce, but very good. There was also samosas in the same mango chutney and pulled duck. The samosas were delicious, while the pulled duck was nothing special.

For the meal, I had the beef short ribs and chicken with red curry sauce. I really didn't like either. The beef short ribs were terrible, and I didn't really eat them. The chicken was good, but something I could have ordered a a local chinese restaurant. My grandmother had the vegetarian meal, which was described as full of vegetables. It ended up being a fried, pancake style thing filled mostly with rice and a few vegetables. It was served with a pineapple sauce, the only part that saved the meal. We didn't have dessert because we went to EPCOT afterwards.

Overall, we were only mildly impressed. Boma is our favorite for trying different food, so we were very excited to try a different cuisine. The location is amazing, the service was great, but the real reason for going (the food) was only decent. The bread is great, everything else was just ok. We ended up having to go to the food court after Illuminations for some chicken tenders and fries, lol. We will probably go back, not next year, and maybe not the year after. Hope others enjoy the food more.

pox24
05-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the review. When I saw photos of some of the offerings I was a little taken back. Many thanks for the review as we will be there in Sept for 6 nights.

SBETigg
05-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Interesting. I have high hopes for this one, but it sounds a bit below expectation for now. Thanks for the review.

mouseketeer mom
05-15-2009, 03:49 PM
I have high hopes for this one too, and I was excited to read your review. Hopefully it will get better!

deedeenmickey
05-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Glad to see a review. I am thinking about trying it but I have never tried Indian food.:blush:

Hull-onian
05-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Great review!!! Thanks:thumbsup: