PDA

View Full Version : Which Photo sharing site do you use?

CanadianWDWFan
05-14-2009, 10:26 PM
I have been using Flickr for a while now, since a Pro account was included with our Internet account. Well due to cut backs at our ISP, this type of account is no longer included. I do like using Flickr, but there seems to be way to many limitations placed on the basic account. For instance I will now only have 200 pictures to share and I can't choose which ones I want to share, just the 200 most recent pictures that I have uploaded.

So I feel now is the time to find and use another photo sharing site. But I can't seem to nail it down. Which one do you use and why?

Thanks for your posts.

tjstrike
05-15-2009, 06:00 AM
Try photobucket.

Magic Smiles
05-15-2009, 06:50 AM
I have been using Flickr for a while now, since a Pro account was included with our Internet account. Well due to cut backs at our ISP, this type of account is no longer included. I do like using Flickr, but there seems to be way to many limitations placed on the basic account. For instance I will now only have 200 pictures to share and I can't choose which ones I want to share, just the 200 most recent pictures that I have uploaded.

You are obviously with the same internet provider as me. Wonder if our monthly fee will go down with the decrease in benefits being received? Yah, I know, Just what am I thinking?
I guess my only shared photos will now be on my facebook account. That is unless someone has a good free suggestion.

brownie
05-15-2009, 07:21 AM
I use Picasa, which integrates with Gmail for me. I've been very happy with both the web version and the desktop software.

handmaidenofprincesses
05-17-2009, 08:56 AM
I also use Picasa (from Google) and absolutely love it. It's relatively basic as far as being able to edit photos, but it gets the job done and considering that it's free, it's better than most photo applications I've used in the past (like Kodak EasyShare, which I hated). It has some really nice features, and although individual album size is limited (500 pictures, I think) I'm not aware of a limit on the number of albums you can have.

Have fun!

Altair
05-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Many of us use Webshots. I liked it much better before they were bought out though.

conorsmom2000
05-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Brian, I use smugmug which I just love. I *think* there is a free account but I have a paid account because i have TONS of albums and videos on there. There are many different options for it (different backgrounds for the albums, different layouts to show your pictures) if you like that kind of thing. Definitely check it out.

c&d
05-22-2009, 11:44 AM
I use Shutterfly, I like making the websites. I've also use Picassa so I can link DS' swim team pictures to their website.

dmosher
05-22-2009, 09:00 PM
We use Shutterfly. Great basic editing, sharing and they make AMAZING photo books. Best I have seen. Of course that is also mostly due to DW's incredible layout skills.
:pipes:
D

ElenitaB
05-22-2009, 10:57 PM
Brian, we use SmugMug as well, and even though there's an annual charge, I find it to be well worth it. It's a site used by many photography professionals, has certain photo editing capabilities, easy-to-use privacy filters, etc. I've used them for several years now and am really happy with the service.