PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass Karma

Mr. Smee
05-14-2009, 05:43 PM
We took DD on a quick weekend trip to the World last weekend. DW was in town the previous week for a convention and DD and I flew down to join her on Friday. Saturday morning we went to Hollywood Studio to 1) Ride Midway Mania, and 2) see Capt. Rockhopper. Those were the only things we were going to do at the Studios. Stand--by wait was about 25 minutes, so we got fast passes, then got in line. Fast Passes came out with a rerurn time around 11am, which was longer than we had planned to stay in the Studios. So we rode Midway, saw Capt. Rockhopper and decided to make our own Magical Moment and give the passes to some one. Do you know how hard it is to find a group of 3? Finally, we found a mother and 2 daughters together and gave them the passes. We then went to MK. On the way out of the BBBoutique a woman asks us if we wanted fast passes for Philharmagic. Now, the standby line was short, but we took the passes anyway and enjoyed one of our favorite shows. It just goes to show that what comes around goes around.

BluewaterBrad
05-14-2009, 05:46 PM
True....how true!:mickey:

TennesseeTink
05-14-2009, 06:49 PM
The couple of times that we have had fastpasses that we couldn't use, we have given them to another group. It feels good to pass them along. I'd like to think that we've added a bright spot to someone's day.

Mousemates
05-14-2009, 08:32 PM
The couple of times that we have had fastpasses that we couldn't use, we have given them to another group. It feels good to pass them along. I'd like to think that we've added a bright spot to someone's day.

We do the same thing (must be a volunteer state kind of thing :thumbsup:)...nothing like making someone else's day when they arrive in the late afternoon at AK and handing them fastpasses to EE.

PixieMagic
05-14-2009, 11:29 PM
I must be confused! What is Midway Mania and Rock Hopper????

the other micki
05-15-2009, 12:37 AM
I must be confused! What is Midway Mania and Rock Hopper????

I think the OP is referring to Toy Story Mania. Rockhopper is a character from Disney's Club Penguin website who is appearing at DS for 2 weeks.

We gave away 2 FP's to Test Track and when it came up in conversation with another family while waiting in the FP line for Test Track, they gave us 4 FP's for Soarin'. So fun!

tjstrike
05-15-2009, 04:19 AM
We do the same thing (must be a volunteer state kind of thing :thumbsup:)...nothing like making someone else's day when they arrive in the late afternoon at AK and handing them fastpasses to EE.

We gave away our FP's for TT and Soarin as we were leaving Epcot this last trip, it was amazing the joy it brought to that families face when they realized they didn't have to wait in those 60-90 min lines !!! (Another Volunteer) :thumbsup:

yjgirl32
05-15-2009, 07:58 AM
Its so much better to hear the positive things that go on instead of all the complaining and crying about things that go wrong. Thanks for sharing.

Jeniflower
05-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Thats a really nice thing to do. Once my sister and I arrived to AK and where heading to EE, when a really nice coupl stopped us and gave us fast passes to EE. It really made our day :mickey:

rubato
05-15-2009, 11:16 AM
It's funny because we've done this many times. We always seem to end up giving them to that family that is new and has no idea what a fastpass is. They aren't very happy until we explain what they get with those little tickets. I love to watch their faces when understanding sets in.:mickey:

indytraveler
05-15-2009, 11:16 AM
Us Hoosiers have "hospitality" too. Have given away Space Mountain FP's when the line was 60+ min. Spreading hapiness when you can is always great.

starflyer59
05-15-2009, 11:31 AM
During the year of a million dreams we recevied 4 Dream Fast Passes when we were at Animal Kingdom.

We only really needed 2 of the passes so we saw this newlywed couple and gave them the 2 extra Dream Fast Passes.

PixieMagic
05-15-2009, 11:54 AM
During the year of a million dreams we recevied 4 Dream Fast Passes when we were at Animal Kingdom.

We only really needed 2 of the passes so we saw this newlywed couple and gave them the 2 extra Dream Fast Passes.

Aww! That's so sweet!!!:cloud9:

I think the OP is referring to Toy Story Mania. Rockhopper is a character from Disney's Club Penguin website who is appearing at DS for 2 weeks.

We gave away 2 FP's to Test Track and when it came up in conversation with another family while waiting in the FP line for Test Track, they gave us 4 FP's for Soarin'. So fun!

Ha ha ha! Thanks! Thought there was something completely new that I was out of the loop on!:secret:

andreallybadeggs
05-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Hats (ears) off to all of you for spreading around some pixie dust,:thumbsup:

SFD998
05-16-2009, 10:20 AM
I have been both the giver and receiver of this much appreciated gesture. We even got Toy story Midway mania fast passes one evening. That was really appreciated. :number1:

pink
05-16-2009, 12:05 PM
That was so nice of you.

We did something similar to that. When we stayed at the Pop we had two 30 minute free arcade game cards and never used them. So on the last night I went to the arcade and gave them to a woman who was sitting with her son. They were both so thankful. :mickey:

Meteora
05-17-2009, 02:29 PM
We had a trip once where my sister's boyfriend was supposed to join us midway through. When we went to DHS during the first part of our trip, my sister decided to wait for her boyfriend to go on TOT, her favorite ride, since none of the rest of us enjoy it. As it happened, we ended up not getting back to the studios until the night of our last day, and we knew going in that the lines would be far too long for my sister and her boyfriend to go on TOT (it was Christmas week), a fact which she sadly but gracefully accepted. Imagine her feelings when, upon entering the park, a lovely mother stopped her and offered her two FPs to TOT that her family couldn't use. My sister's smile could have lit up the entire park. Years later, we still think fondly about that kind woman who has inspired us to "pass on" our own fast-passes when we can't use them. :mickey:

DisneyorBust
05-18-2009, 05:23 AM
We have had the pleasure to share FP's with others in the parks before, it is a great feeling to "share the magic".

Grumpy Grandpa
05-18-2009, 06:52 AM
When DW was at Epcot last year the only ride she realy cares about is soarin, all of the fast passes were gone and someone coming out said standby was over a hour. A young couple walked up to us and handed us two fastpasses for now. He walked off befor I even realised what was happening and I did not have a chance to properly thank him. It was sure appreciated

biodtl
05-18-2009, 07:38 AM
I love these kinds of stories. We had someone give us mini-golf passes on one of our trips. It was their last day and they couldn't use them. We wouldn't have gone otherwise and it turned out to be a really fun experience.

I remember as a kid, when we would leave the local amusement park - Kennywood (back in the ticket days, before one-price admission), I used to love to hand a pile of leftover tickets to someone coming in as we were leaving.

Daddy Mouse
05-18-2009, 10:56 AM
This was taught to us early on by our parents. It is humans showing humanity. Good job to all.

:number1::number1::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
05-19-2009, 04:58 PM
we always do that. Its great to help out someone else.

thejens
05-22-2009, 11:34 AM
I just love giving away fast passes. It seems this happens to us every trip. Although no one has ever given us fastpasses, I think I feel the good karma just by seeing the delight in a stranger!

AXOAlum
05-26-2009, 05:01 PM
LOL - we always love to laugh about our attempts to give away FP's at DHS back when it was MGM. We had ToT and RnRC FP's and when we would approach people to give them the FP's, they would seriously run around us. They must have thought we were the crazy couple that was there to mug them in the middle of MGM! We finally found some people coming in the gate (on our way out) that were happy to take them. It just made us laugh - people were seriously running from us!