PDA

View Full Version : Driving Animal Kingdom to Hollywood Studios

AuntKari
05-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Can someone please tell me how long it will take to drive from AK to HS and if you can drop a family off right at the entrance and then you can go and park the car and worry about meeting them inside the park. Thank you!

Zawadi
05-14-2009, 06:13 PM
AK to DHS is 15-20 mins by car or 30-40mins by Disney Transport Bus.

Not sure about paking after a drop off. In a busy period I'd be tempted to park at one park, use the car park tram to get to the entrance and if you wish to 'hop' to the other park the use a Disney Bus. In peak season you would probably end up at the opposite end of the car park to the park's entrance.

joelkfla
05-14-2009, 06:36 PM
The actual driving time from DAK bus loop to DHS bus loop is 12 minutes. That bus runs every 15 minutes, so it's between 12 and 27 minutes by bus, possibly adding 5 minutes if a wheelchair must be loaded. It's probably about 5 minutes walk from DAK exit to the bus stop #15; bus stop #7 at DHS is right at the entrance.

By car, add 10-15 minutes at each end for parking or exiting the lot, and riding the parking tram or walking to/from the entrance, and you've got between 32 and 42 minutes.

AuntKari
05-14-2009, 06:42 PM
If we do drive can I drive through the HS parking lot straight to entance and drop the family. I am not worried about how long it takes me to get in-I want my sister and her family to have all the benifits. Thank you!

KatrinaJ91
05-14-2009, 09:03 PM
My daughter was a CM at Hollywood Studios this past summer. We went to visit (of course!) and drove her to work one day. She was late and wanted us to drop her off before we parked, but it was not possible. If we had gone to the front gate and dropped her off, it would have put us into the exit lanes from the park. We would have then had to go out completely and come back in to get in the line to park. So I guess you could do it, but the walk from the parking lot really isn't bad for anyone. I would suggest just keeping it simple by going in, parking and all having a nice stroll to the entrance! Hope this helps!

MNNHFLTX
05-15-2009, 09:52 AM
If we do drive can I drive through the HS parking lot straight to entance and drop the family. I am not worried about how long it takes me to get in-I want my sister and her family to have all the benifits. Thank you!I'm not sure that this is possible. The area directly in front of the entrance (if I remember correctly) is primarily for bus and tram pick-up and drop-off. After entering the parks, cast members will direct cars into designated parking spots and then people either walk or take the trams to the entrance. If a member of your party has a disability, there are handicapped parking spots up front, of course.

Daddy Mouse
05-17-2009, 07:39 AM
I would say in the area of 20 minutes. Unfortunately dropping your family off may pose a problem unless a person is handicapped.

TheRustyScupper
05-17-2009, 08:23 AM
1) To drop off at DHS
. . . drive down street to DHS lot entrance
. . . wait in line with all other cars
. . . announce "Dropping Off" to parking lot booth attendant
. . . follow all other cars going to parking area
. . . continue to follow green line to drop off area at END of bus area
. . . follow green line back to exit
. . . exit the parking area
. . . go out of DHS
. . . drive to Hess gas station or Boardwalk to turn around
. . . drive back to DHS drive
. . . wait in line with all other cars
. . . drive to parking lot booth attendant
. . . follow all cars going to parking lot (along the green line)

2) You are caught in the same line as ALL other cars waiting to park.
3) So, there is no time-savings to drop off area (in morning rush hour).
4) Plus, the area dropped off is a lot farther than the tram area.
5) They MIGHT save 3-5 minutes that it takes to board a tram.

NOTE: All parks have a Drop Off Area. Unfortunately, there is little advantage over parking and taking the trams to the park entrance. The trams drop off a lot closer than the walk from the Drop Off Area.

badkitty
05-17-2009, 06:54 PM
If you are parking at AK and taking the bus to another park, remember that AK closes earlier than everyone else so you may have difficulty getting back to your car. Be sure to ask how long the buses are running back to AK.