PDA

View Full Version : Adjoining room requests

Jen C.
05-14-2009, 10:55 AM
We are traveling to the BC in Oct., and are staying in a deluxe club level room. I know from previous stays, that the deluxe rooms are not actually ont he 5th floor club level, but rather on the first 4 floors. My mother is going to be joining us this trip, and has a water/pool view room booked. How likely are we to be granted adjoining rooms? When and where should this request be made? If not adjoining, do they at tleast try to keep groups on the same floor? Thanks in advance!

tikiman
05-14-2009, 11:53 AM
This request is best made when you make your reservation. They put it in the notes. You will have to go back to who you booked with and have them note it. Also if you ask for adjoining rooms you are requesting rooms that are next to each other but not connected. If you ask for connecting rooms you are asking for rooms with a door between them. They usually try and assign groups near each other if availalbe.

brownie
05-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Yes, make sure you request the type of room you want. Adjoining means next to each other while connecting means there's a door between them. If you made the request when you made your reservation, you don't really need to do anything until you check in, other than to confirm by phone about a week out that the request is on your reservation.

TammiMcMan
05-14-2009, 06:04 PM
I believe adjoining is the only option that you'll have. From what I remember, the deluxe rooms don't connect to standard rooms. I would actually just go through the IPO department. They're the ones you'll be working with to help pre-plan your vacation. They can definitely help with noting a request to have the two rooms close together. Let me know if you need any help with that.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-14-2009, 09:47 PM
We've always gotten rooms right by each other, whether it was for 2 or 3 rooms but we've booked all at the same time too.

Urbss
05-15-2009, 02:50 PM
My wife and I went with my sister and her family in 2003. We stayed at the Comtemporary (sp?) and requested connecting rooms and didn't have any problems.

We went with my wife's parents last fall and requested connecting rooms at the All Star Music and again did not have any problems. I was surprised that we got the rooms on this trip because we booked our stay a couple months before my in-laws booked theirs. But, our AAA agent was very helpful and I'm sure she was the reason we were able to have the connecting rooms.