PDA

View Full Version : Treehouse Villas

epceddie
05-14-2009, 10:29 AM
My wife and I were at WDW May 5-11 and we noticed that the gates at the entrance to the Treehouse Villas were shut and covered in canvas for a couple of days. Were the villas closed?

MNNHFLTX
05-14-2009, 11:00 AM
I'm not sure, but I thought the villas were still in the process of being rebuilt? I don't think they are open for occupancy yet.

gauvin4
05-14-2009, 12:29 PM
We were there the same time as you and the riverboat driver from POFQ said they were to open occupancy at the end of May. They did a nice job rebuilding them.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-14-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm not quite sure if this is what you mean: the treetop villas were closed for a long time and then they started rebuilding them last year. They'll be DVC when they are opened. I don't know if they can be rented by the general public too. But they will now be handicapped accessible. We were told they'd have an elevator in the center to get to the upper level.

Mousemates
05-14-2009, 10:02 PM
this thread has got us excited about our upcoming trip with Mrs. Mousemates sister...staying in the treehouses over new years this year.

svarhall07
05-14-2009, 10:42 PM
I rode by them on the POR riverboat today. There is a sign on the boat dock saying they are still refurbishing and it will open soon. There were working crews all around doing construction. It appears that all of the treehouses have new, very large deck. In addition to the large cylinder supports, underneath there was a square "room" in the center could have been an elevator. They look great!

Darbylew
05-14-2009, 10:42 PM
We love looking at the Treehouses when we
are passing them in the boat to DTD. I was in
hopes that they would be open to the public.
They are really nice and they look great since
they rebuilt them. :thumbsup:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK
IN NOVEMBER 2009. :D

Zone Stop
05-14-2009, 11:15 PM
No elevators - that's mechanical rooms. However, 4 of them have ramps and therefore are handicap-accessible.

joelkfla
05-14-2009, 11:41 PM
I believe they are scheduled to open June 1.

epceddie
05-17-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm sorry, I thought they had already opened.

Maleficent's Dad
05-17-2009, 08:04 PM
I believe they are scheduled to open June 1.
This is correct.
The THV were closed in 2002. With an ecologically friendly plan, Disney was able to "rebuild" the THV on existing structures and upgrade the facilities/amenities to satisfy the demands of today's consumers.

The THV are part of DVC at Saratoga Springs and will be open to the public on June 1. It is considered a major upgrade to the DVC plan and room-base at SSR.