PDA

View Full Version : 19 days of dining oh my!

Bethanymouse
05-13-2009, 07:14 AM
Well we finally were able to book our wedding/honeymoon eateries! Since we are lucky enough to be in the world for 19 days we have a lot of eating to do! Here is our rundown of 19 days of dining:
With Family prior to wedding:
Teppan Edo
Ohana's
Prime Time Cafe
Rehearsal dinner- CA Grill
Wedding day!

Honeymoon: (in no particular order)
Kona dinner 2x
Ohana's
California Grill
Wolfgang Puck 2x
Kona breakfast
Le Cellier 2x
Beaches and Cream lunch
Whispering Canyon (semi new to us)
Chefs de France (new for us)
Tutto Italia (new for us)
Grand Floridian Cafe (new for us)
Chef Mickey breakfast
Teppan Edo
Mama Melrose (new for us- I ate there in the 90's)

So what do you think? Is this a good honeymoon set up? Any comments about our new choices? Thanks!

yjgirl32
05-13-2009, 08:17 AM
Looks very very yummy to me! Sorry can't help with your new choices. Have a great time.

SBETigg
05-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Excellent choices! Have a wonderful time!

I might skip a few repeats in favor of tossing in a visit to Boma, and one to Raglan Road, and maybe instead of revisiting Teppan Edo, I would go with Tokyo Dining on the honeymoon visit. But you've been there enough that you know what you like, so I'm sure you'll love what you have. I do love Grand Floridian Cafe. I hope you like it, and I hope Chefs de France is at their best for you. Best wishes!

Disneyfun
05-13-2009, 08:54 AM
I might suggest replacing Wispering Canyon with Artist's Point. Both are nice as far as restaurants go, but Wispering Canyon just can't compare to Artist's Point as far as food quality, setting (if you're lucky you could get a table near the window overlooking the waterfall in the courtyard), and just the nice romantic nature of the restaurant. DW and I have eaten many a anniversary dinner there!
I do believe that Artist's Point is 2 points per person on the dining plan, but it is worth it! Wispering Canyon is fun, but as for dinner for a couple on a honeymoon, I wouldn't recommend it due to that you will be surrounded by familes with children (nothing wrong with that, just not my choice when eating out with just DW), the loud nature of the games, and such - but I'm a sap for a nice romantic dinner! :blush:
Don't get me wrong, Wispering Canyon is fun, just not what I invision for dinner on a honeymoon.
Hope you have a great time! Congrats on your marriage. Please know that we are all envious of your 19 days on the dinning plan!

RedSoxFan
05-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Sounds yummy. Mama Melrose is good. We love it there. I agree with Sherri: Try BOMA and Raglan Road. Both excellent.

ElenitaB
05-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Can't believe the wedding is so soon! YEAH!! :cloud9:

I agree... I'd switch out a Kona repeat for Boma or Sanaa.

Congratulations!!!

PixieMagic
05-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Sounds fantastic! I'm so jealous!!!:cloud9:

obsessive planner
05-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Oh yes, you should try Ragland Road, so yummy!

BluewaterBrad
05-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Can I come to Your wedding??:mickey:

PixieMagic
05-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Can I come to Your wedding??:mickey:

Me too?? I've been reading your wedding post and it's so fun!!

egospotter
05-14-2009, 02:23 PM
We went to Whispering Canyon on our honeymoon and were put in a little side room right next to the fire. It was really nice and quieter that being in the main dining room. However, we were at one point pulled out of our cozy little nook to lead the hokey pokey in front of everyone. It was a blast.

Congratulations and have a great trip!

Kairi_7378
05-14-2009, 11:42 PM
I'd consider trying to get a table at Jiko or Artist's Point.

crltkcagle
05-17-2009, 10:05 AM
WOW sounds great! And congrats on your upcoming nuptials.

LandFan
05-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Sounds great! I'd also like to recommend a table at JIKO. They have great food (even DNiece 13 thought it was amazing) and a fabulous sunset ambiance - great for a honeymoon!

Bethanymouse
05-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Thank you so much for all of your input. We are thinking of trying Boma but I am really unsure about it. Not sure we would like the food. We def thought about Artist Point, but it is 2 table service credits and we werent sure if it was worth it. What do you think?

artyboy
05-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Thank you so much for all of your input. We are thinking of trying Boma but I am really unsure about it. Not sure we would like the food. We def thought about Artist Point, but it is 2 table service credits and we werent sure if it was worth it. What do you think?

Artist Point is beyond worth it!!!

Awesome food (the salmon is unbelievable) and stellar service...perfect for a honeymoon!

Congrats, and have fun!

ps. Rehearsal dinner at Cali Grill??? Jealous beyond belief!

Ksmith75
05-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Wow, 19 days...how lucky. Looks like some great choices...today is our 3 year anniversary and we didnt go to Disneyworld together until the year after we got married - and now think - why didnt we do it there... lol

Nicki'sMom
05-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Even though I have not eaten at Jiko, I bet it would be great food. Artist's Point is also someplace I would love to go when my kids get a little older. I hope you get the wedding of your dreams! :cloud9::wine::party2::pixie:(sorry, I love these little icons!)

thejens
05-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Boma does have good food for the less adventurous too. Jiko is fantastic, but is also 2 T credits. I think your choices look terrific, but would also skip repeats in favor of trying something new.