PDA

View Full Version : Full moon at the French Quarter!!!

PetefromRI
05-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Well I don't know who was more embarrassed,me or the housekeeper.We were at the POFQ last week and yours truly was changing into his bathingsuit when this darling little Mexican housekeeper opens the door without knocking.The poor thing was a wreck and my wife couldn't stop laughing with the door wide open.She said that she'd come back later but we never did see her again the rest of the week.Just a reminder to deadbolt your door:):blush:.

Jeri
05-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Oh my goodness. You have me laughing so hard I am crying.
Sorry this happened to you , but it is very funny.

Dopey's Girl
05-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Oh my goodness! That is one of the funniest things I have heard in a really long time!!!

elmjimmlm
05-12-2009, 08:36 PM
How much would you tip for something like that ?

DisneyPrincess21
05-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Well I don't know who was more embarrassed,me or the housekeeper.We were at the POFQ last week and yours truly was changing into his bathingsuit when this darling little Mexican housekeeper opens the door without knocking.The poor thing was a wreck and my wife couldn't stop laughing with the door wide open.She said that she'd come back later but we never did see her again the rest of the week.Just a reminder to deadbolt your door:):blush:.

:jaw: Oh My! That is seriously the funniest thing I have heard about in a while. I can't imagine how funny that must have been for your wife. I would have reacted the exact same way she did and I'm sorry to say I wouldn't have been much help either, Because I would have been too busy laughing at you :silly: :funny: :haha:

Seriously though, What was the maid's problem that she would think she shouldn't knock first and had the right to just open the door. Geez some people just don't have common sense. Just because there is an option of using the deadbolt doesn't mean that they can assume that as long as there isn't a deadbolt on the door that they can just bust in on the room.

Well I am sure this incident taught that maid a little lesson! :D

Daddy Mouse
05-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Funny, Funny!

I think that it is bad luck for a maid to see the moon of jewels when entering a room. :D:D I think she'll never be the same.

Lakin
05-12-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm staying at the POFQ in November, so I'll make sure to lock my door. Thanks for the warning. ;)

jenperich
05-12-2009, 10:09 PM
This has to be the funniest thing I've read in a long time! That poor housekeeper. I would be sitting right next to your wife though, laughing my butt off! :-) :blush:

buzznwoodysmom
05-12-2009, 10:30 PM
We had a housekeeper just walk right into our room without knocking at CSR. We were getting ready to head to the parks, it was around 8am. Thankfully we were all dressed, but I did comment to DH "Just think if you or I would have been half dressed when she walked in". They really should knock before entering the room.

PixieMagic
05-12-2009, 10:43 PM
He he he!:D This brings three things to my mind!

1) I couldn't stop laughing and had to share this with my husband as I would do the same as your wife!

2) Lock my doors at the resort!

3) One of the bed cleaners at my work (a tanning salon) thought the door had closed again (as they do often) and opened it up....customer had not locked it and was lying there butt naked! He he he! I guess from now on my bed cleaner will knock and the customer will learn to lock their door!!!:thumbsup:

GrumpyFan
05-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Buahahaha!!! Too funny!

Call me paranoid, but I always bolt the door and flip the latch. Not really paranoid.

Thanks for the laugh!

disneydreamer1970
05-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the laugh this morning, and I have to tell you I would be laughing just like your wife was!!

Trish

caryrae
05-13-2009, 11:29 AM
So your booty scared her away for the rest of the week?;)

BluewaterBrad
05-13-2009, 04:25 PM
That happened to me in Dallas one time!!:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Hopefully she'll learn and knock in the future. I'm glad you had a sense of humor about it though.

Mousemates
05-14-2009, 10:00 PM
I have had similar experiences in the French Quarter...but only at the real one in New Orleans. If memory serves me correctly, she should have given you some Mardi Gras beads.;)

DisneyWhirled
05-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Funny!! Thanks for the laugh!!

Sorry that happened, though!

mshomeschoolmom
05-15-2009, 12:28 PM
This is the main reason why we always keep the "do not disturb" sign on the front of the door. HEEHEE.................

dancin Disney style
05-15-2009, 09:38 PM
I had a similar experience at a hotel over on I-Drive. I had just come back from the pool and I was in the bathroom turning the shower on. Just as I walked out of the bathroom in the buff a maintenance man walked in the room. Of course I screamed and jumped back in the bathroom.

DisneyPrincess21
05-15-2009, 10:33 PM
I had a similar experience at a hotel over on I-Drive. I had just come back from the pool and I was in the bathroom turning the shower on. Just as I walked out of the bathroom in the buff a maintenance man walked in the room. Of course I screamed and jumped back in the bathroom.

:jaw: Oh My! :bolt: :scared:

dmosher
05-16-2009, 12:28 AM
I have had similar experiences in the French Quarter...but only at the real one in New Orleans. If memory serves me correctly, she should have given you some Mardi Gras beads.;)

Nice! Very, Very Nice!
:pipes:
D

Hull-onian
05-16-2009, 06:57 PM

That was the funniest thing I heard!!! Still laughing:funny: