PDA

View Full Version : Dinner with the princesses

cherbie66
05-12-2009, 07:27 PM
In September, we are celebrating my daughter's 5th birthday. We plan on treating her to the Bippity Boppity Boutique then having dinner with the princesses. We have the free dining plan, so we'd like to go somewhere that the dining plan will be accepted. We will most likely be spending the majority of the day in the Magic Kingdom, but wouldnt mind going elsewhere for dinner. Where do you suggest we go?

madandmaksmom
05-12-2009, 07:56 PM
You have a few options.

In the MK, you can eat at Cinderella's Royal Table. It will cost 2 table service credits per person. You will see Cinderella, Fairy Godmother, and usually the mice. This is my personal pick, becauase, well...it's the castle! :cloud9: My daughter's love the ambiance. Be forewarned that at dinner, the characters do not go table-to-table. You will see Cinderella downstairs and the FG does a little quick show. (At breakfast, it is an assortment of princesses throughout the meal.)

You can also go over to 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian. It is only one credit per person. You will see Cinderella, Prince Charming, the stepmother, and the 2 stepsisters. I think the mice and Fairy Godmother might be there too sometimes, but it is not guaranteed.

You can also hop over to Akershus in Epcot. I believe it is also one table service credit also. There you can see a variety of princesses. It will vary, but there are ususally 3-4 different ones. We have seen Belle, Snow White, Cinderella, Jasmine, Ariel (ballgown). We have also seen Mulan there once. Again, characters are always subject to change and there is no guarantee of which ones will appear.

Any of these is great. It just depends on your little ones. But, no matter what, they will have a GREAT time. :mickey:

Nicki'sMom
05-15-2009, 07:47 AM
We have done all three mentioned in the above post. We had lunch at the castle and all of the princesses came around to the tables. Food and interaction were good. Don't know if they still do lunch you would have to check. 1900 Park Fare is good too. Especially if your daughter is a big Cindy fan. Akershaus had lots of princesses but was my least favorite meal. The servers were great though. Very friendly. Also they had Mulan and Ariel so that was worth it for my daughter. Sometimes you have to choose characters over the meal for the kids. Have a GREAT time :hi:

yjgirl32
05-15-2009, 07:55 AM
I too have been to CRT or lunch and it was great! I have DS3 and the chararters were very good with him. SInce he was the only "prince" they gushed all over him. The food in my opinion was also really good. Again not sure if they still lunch there. Good luck and have a magical trip.

ransam
05-15-2009, 10:01 AM
First of all, all three are magical and your daughter will love them. Myself, i would say the Castle is the best... it is Disney's icon after all. the food is very good, the attention to detail, everyone in your family will enjoy it.

One thing I would suggest. going to the Bippity Boppity Boutique is a memory your daughter will cherish...however after a few hours that costume can be really uncomfortable. i took my cousin once and after a few hours she was sweating, couldn't walk in her hi-heels, and was ready to call it a day. I would suggest that you put a change of clothes in your back pack or something so she can change into, just in case she gets uncomfortable.

Have a great trip...

Belle_0717
05-15-2009, 01:10 PM
I recommend the Akershaus. DH & I did this on our first day. The entry area princess was Belle - my fave & I had on a t-shirt with her. Then Snow White, Aurora, Cinderella & Ariel rotated. It was great interaction and they were happy to speak with the big kids - like us. The food was good - different type of cuisine but there was something for everyone, especially on the cold buffet. I had the roast chicken which was superb. Hubby had the signature dish - almost like swedish meatballs. Dessert is to die for - and some of the items you can get at the CS across the alley way!