PDA

View Full Version : Which park would you choose given this situation?

Gregandmel
05-12-2009, 02:54 PM
I'd like to know your thoughts on the following situation. We are trying to determine if we should go to Magic Kingdom on a Monday (even though it's listed as one of the busier days to visit) and here's what I know:

Sunday night: EMH pm at MK - open till 1am
Monday: EMH am at AK, EMH pm at HS

So - conventional wisdom tells that if Magic Kingdom is open the evening before (on Sunday night) till 1am, and there is an EMH in the morning somewhere else on Monday, as well as an EMH pm somewhere else MOnday night, do you think Magic Kingdom would be a good choice for Monday?

I know Monday is listed, along with Saturday & Sunday as being the busiest days of the week, but I can't help but think that given this info, it might be an ok day to visit? I could really use some help. We usually try to visit MK on a Tuesday or Wednesday when it's a bit quieter.

Thoughts anyone/?????? Thank you !! :)

wire0monkey
05-12-2009, 03:10 PM
I'd check the crowd calendar put out by the Unofficial Guide and follow their recommendations on which park to choose on that date.

I generally do very well when I follow their suggestions and do less well when I don't follow their suggestions.

SBETigg
05-12-2009, 03:11 PM
Melinda, in this case, MK is a great choice on Monday. We were there on a Monday on our April trip with the same situation and it was not very busy. We got a lot done before noon. Trust your instinct, good choice.

BluewaterBrad
05-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Melinda, in this case, MK is a great choice on Monday. We were there on a Monday on our April trip with the same situation and it was not very busy. We got a lot done before noon. Trust your instinct, good choice.

I agree. I would have to try MK also.:mickey:

deedeenmickey
05-12-2009, 04:23 PM
I agree that you should be fine with MK on Monday in this case.

brownie
05-12-2009, 04:31 PM
It may all be a matter of which park is less busy while all the parks are busy. The morning extra magic hours tend to draw people to the park that has it on that particular day, so that could help you if Magic Kingdom doesn't have it that day.

iheartdisney
05-14-2009, 03:43 PM
here's another vote for going ahead with MK Monday plans!

Hull-onian
05-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Well, not to burst anyone's bubble, but, we went on a Tuesday and the rides were mostly walk-ons, not waiting.:thumbsup:

Goofy Texan
05-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Monday is the first full day of many guests visit to Disney World. Most people - especially first timers want to see the Magic Kingdom first. I believe this is why many of the crowd calenders list it as busy. The truth is it may or may not be.

I wouldn't change your plans. Hopefully you can be there at opening and have lots of fun before the sleeper-inners walk through the front gate.

tjstrike
05-15-2009, 04:34 AM
I'd go with MK on Monday, that's how we did it our last trip with good results. Have fun !! :thumbsup:

TikiGoddess
05-15-2009, 09:55 AM
Monday is the first full day of many guests visit to Disney World. Most people - especially first timers want to see the Magic Kingdom first. I believe this is why many of the crowd calenders list it as busy. The truth is it may or may not be.

My husband is an ex-CM who will agree with you on this. Mondays are busy for the above reason.

If you're going at a non-peak time, though, I think you'll be fine. Follow a touring plan, that's more important than the day of the week.

Kathy

Gregandmel
05-15-2009, 10:36 AM
We plan on going the last week in April, 2010. I've done the historic EMH for the past 3 years and they are all identical. They line up exactly the same given the same days of the week for the last week in April. I realize this may change next year, but because I'm itching to do some planning, trying to get a tentative game plan going. If it's a non-peak time, do you think Monday at MK would be ok??? Does it make a difference going at a non-peak time?

indytraveler
05-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Given this new information (last week of April 2010) I would think you should be OK with your plans. Especially since MK is not an EMH in am or pm.