PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Anniversary Trip - Day 2 Part 2

Cinderelley
05-12-2009, 12:16 PM
I fell asleep back at the hotel. DH woke me up at 4. We got back to Disney around 5 and parked in Minnie 2B. I made a quick stop in World of Disney where they were playing Wishes. I thought that was a little odd. Then we headed for DCA and our first stop was Grizzly River Run. The sun was getting low on the horizon, and I wanted to be able to dry off before it got too cold. While we were in line, we browsed the map. There wasn't too much we were interested in doing here. Marilyn Michetti had said she liked Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular. We also thought about Toy Story Midway Mania, Soarin' and Blue Sky Cellar. The Food & Wine Festival was going on, so I wanted to look for something for my mom for Mother's Day. Additionally, DH was getting hungry. This park reminded me a lot of Hollywood Studios - a lot of area to cover, but not a lot of really interesting things to do.
Grizzly River Run was a lot rougher than Kali River Rapids. DH didn't want to get really wet - I could tell because he kept checking out how wet people were while we were in line. During the ride, I mentioned to him that the people who were on top at the big drop spun around and wound up at the bottom getting soaked. When we got to the big drop, three boats were backed up. When we got in line, we would have been at the top when we started down the drop. A 4th boat came up behind us, and when it hit us, we spun 180 degrees. In the end, the people across from us got drenched. We got wet, but not soaked. We went around the bend and put our name in to eat at the Wine Country Trattoria.
The wait was about half an hour, and it was not worth it. DH got the meatball sandwich and I got the lasagna rustica. As DH said "it's generic meatballs without any seasoning". The food at Olive Garden is better and costs a lot less. My salad was pretty good though. We only saw our waiter three times, and DH's coffee was empty most of the time. While we waited for dinner, we tried to figure out the Food & Wine Festival stuff. That was a no-go. Epcot's is 5000 x better.
After dinner, we went through the Blue Sky Cellar. This showed some of the plans they have for DCA. They showcased three ideas. My favorite was the Little Mermaid dark ride. I can't wait for that. Another was for a fountain and light show. The third was for the swings that spin in large circle. If I remember correctly, they said they would swing out over the water. We played a little Disney Trivia and looked at some of the model they had displayed. Then we headed over to Toy Story Midway Mania. It was a 45 minute wait. DH and I both liked this ride. I scored a lot higher than he did. :party: I like Buzz Lightyear better though. We decided to head back to Disneyland. On the way, the fireworks started over the castle. I liked the Star Wars section, and we stopped to watch the Wishes part. I was singing along with Wishes, and DH looked at me really weird. I guess I shouldn't give up my night job. ;)
We sat by the train station and waited for the crowd to disperse. It was so cute to see parents holding their little ones who were either asleep or almost asleep. DH & I were laughing that it was almost always the dads who were carrying the sleeping ones. Two year olds can be so heavy when they are asleep.
We headed to Tomorrowland where we defeated the Evil Emperor Zurg. After my higher score on Toy Story Mania, DH made a rousing comeback and smoked me on Buzz Lightyear. Then we went to the Matterhorn, but apparently the Yeti had thrown a temper tantrum and broke the ride. By then DH was tired. We went for one last ride on Pirates. DH let me sit on the left hand side so that I could see the bayou scene even better. Growing up, I had always wanted to live in the house where the old man is rocking in his rocking chair. DH teased me about that, and we discussed how there were fewer fireflies on the ride than there used to be. I like how they incoporated the music from the Pirates movies into the ride, but I don't like how they changed the dialogue. Pirates is still my favorite ride though, and none of them are as good as the one at Disneyland.
We stopped at World of Disney on the way out. Since the Food & Wine Festival was so horrible, I picked up a bracelet at World of Disney for my mom for Mother's Day. We also got some suckers for the kids and I got two pin sets - Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella. Then we headed back to the hotel. DH was asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. Being the night owl, I packed our stuff and made sure everything was ready for the next day. I think I fell asleep around 3:00 am.

pdrlkr
06-03-2009, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
06-10-2009, 03:01 PM
sounds like a nice ret of the day!! :mickey:

Lizzie
06-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Fun day. Thanks for another report.