PDA

View Full Version : Epcot/WS crowds on MNSSHP nights?

BMan62
05-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Yes, I know MNSSHP is in MK, but the overflow crowds will move to Epcot and/or DHS (if Fantasmic! is being shown,) so my question is: How much will MNSSHP add to crowds for Illuminations and/or Fantasmic?

Three nights we are there are MNSSHP nights (9/15, 9/18, 9/22.) Just trying to plan out where we should be before 5pm!!

Strmchsr
05-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Well, with Fantasmic! every show is currently packed since they only do it a couple of nights a week. However, last year I did notice an uptick in the Epcot crowds on party nights. Not massive, but noticeable.

BMan62
05-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Thanks, Chris!

g8rgirl29
05-12-2009, 12:50 PM
Hey we will be there the same time as you!! I am a little worried about being able to catch fantasmic. Last year at the same time there were 2 showings on PM EMH but from what I can determine looking at the schedule is that it is only 3 showings a week at this point(in Aug). I am having a hard time trying to figure out where to be when also!!

Fangorn
05-12-2009, 03:34 PM
I only have one piece of anecdotal evidence on this subject.

A couple of years ago we were at Epcot on Halloween. It was EMH at Epcot and MNSSHP was happening at the Magic Kingdom. Epcot was virtually deserted. We walked into the restaurant in Japan at 6pm. We were the only guests there. I have never seen lighter crowds. Even during Illuminations there very few people. During EMH you had to work at getting within 50 feet of another guest.

Steve

Disnamic Duo
05-12-2009, 04:27 PM
I only have one piece of anecdotal evidence on this subject.

A couple of years ago we were at Epcot on Halloween. It was EMH at Epcot and MNSSHP was happening at the Magic Kingdom. Epcot was virtually deserted. We walked into the restaurant in Japan at 6pm. We were the only guests there. I have never seen lighter crowds. Even during Illuminations there very few people. During EMH you had to work at getting within 50 feet of another guest.

Steve

We were at EPCOT just last year on Halloween night (while MNSSHP was going on at MK), and although it wasn't deserted, it also wasn't very crowded. It was also an evening EMH at EPCOT.

wdwnomad
05-12-2009, 10:08 PM
I haven't done DHS on a MNSSHP night so I can't answer for that park. However, I have done Epcot during a MNSSHP night. It was also a Friday night so that means it is EMH. I thought the crowds were pretty managable. I think after Illumniations people would hit up maybe one more ride on their way out of the park if they were a resort guest. By 10:00 things seemed to die down a bit. Another thing to keep in mind though in September and October Epcot has the F&W Festival so that might be a draw on its own.